MovieGuyKyle17

Early Friday results...

It's insane that Hunger will beat DH2. Absolutely insane.

Well, it makes sense, I guess. I avoided Twilight because it appeared to be vapid. I avoided Potter because it's too young--lest we forget, it's a series of children's books. E.g., HP1-6 were all PG. But I got into THG because it has more adult appeal than HP and more depth and male appeal than Twilight.

Well, it makes sense, I guess. I avoided Twilight because it appeared to be vapid. I avoided Potter because it's too young--lest we forget, it's a series of children's books. E.g., HP1-6 were all PG. But I got into THG because it has more adult appeal than HP and more depth and male appeal than Twilight.

HP4-5 were PG-13 ;)

They are hardly children's books. Not reading them because the movie versions were PG is kinda stupid.Did you not watch Star Wars because 5/6 of those are PG?

It's insane that Hunger will beat DH2. Absolutely insane.

It really is. Like I had a good feeling this would be bigger than Twilight but my highest prediction didn't have it coming anywhere near the finale of Potter. I started to think it would beat Potter after it's massive opening. It's second weekend scared me a little bit but it has done amazingly well since then. Will be very interesting to see how Catching Fire does.

They are hardly children's books.

I was in high school when the books first came out in the late 90's. Nobody in high school read it; it was something that middle schoolers or elementary schoolers read. So at the very least, they left the impression that they are for children, esp. given the ages of the characters in the first book.In any case, whether or not I am so crass as to judge a book that way is irrelevant; what is relevant is whether this is prevalent among older audiences.

I was kind of on the fence just two weeks ago about 400M, but I really think this can make a decent push for it. At the end of this weekend, it'll be 372 or even 373. It has IMAX for this week before Avengers takes control of everything, so by Thursday, it should be right around 376M, give a decent size drop - 7-8M, it's now at 384M. It has enough in the gas tank for the push to get those last 16M to achieve what only 12 other films ever did. Hell, I'll buy three tickets just to help out the cause (I can convince my wife and her friend to see this again, I'll just have to sacrifice time to see 5YE... *shudders* The things I do for marriage. <_< ).

• Like 2

Yeah THG's late legs are serving up some crow for people :)

Yes, I have a good supply of crow in my freezer and I am heating it up every day this week and having fava beans and a good chi-ante with it. It has absolutely owned me and my foolish outlook on it.

What does Potter 1 have to do with THG vs DH2?

There is no THG vs DH2. DH2 gross was just a benchmark.Qualitatively, HP1 is the movie which should be compared with THG since it is the franchise-setter. HG finale should be compared with DH2.

I was in high school when the books first came out in the late 90's. Nobody in high school read it; it was something that middle schoolers or elementary schoolers read. So at the very least, they left the impression that they are for children, esp. given the ages of the characters in the first book.In any case, whether or not I am so crass as to judge a book that way is irrelevant; what is relevant is whether this is prevalent among older audiences.

I guess when I think children, I think of the age when you read and watch Winnie the Pooh or whatever. I'm a long way removed from high school, but I understand the concept of thinking something is too "kiddie" for you.

Yes, I have a good supply of crow in my freezer and I am heating it up every day this week and having fava beans and a good chi-ante with it. It has absolutely owned me and my foolish outlook on it.

I think we got more than enough crow on the 2nd weekend to last a lifetime! :PI think I will keep half and return the rest. :)