Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

Hard to figure out........... But maybe.... 100 crore comes from tickets avg. 250 (multiplexes) = 4 million70 crore comes from tickets avg. 70 (single screens) = 10 million Total - 14 million

That's not as much as I thought it would be, considering yearly admissions.

According to boxofficeindia, the OD record still stands.

IMO, they are the most credible source right now.

Previews were 6 crore nett and Friday was 29.25 crore nett (YJHD opened with 30.5 crore).

Saturday and Sunday should add 45-50 crore for 80-85 crore OW ($18-19m).

Should finish lower than YJHD/ETT in terms of total because Once Upon A Time in Mumbai 2 is opening next week and the drop will be huge (to the tune of maybe 75%).

165-170 crore finish.

170 total? Its more than 100cr lesser than YJHD! Isn't it?

That's not as much as I thought it would be, considering yearly admissions.

From what I understand the Indian box office is spread amongst the different parts of the country that have their own industry with different films.

Komal Nahta and Taran Adarsh still standing by the OD record of 33.12 Cr (which is what the rest of the media is reporting as well). I was shocked when some of my friends, and my Mother, who don't follow the box office at all started talking about the 33Cr number in casual conversations today i.e. "I heard that Chennai Express broke the record with 33 Crore". That is some good marketing.

I think Fake was mistaken when he said YJHD. I think he meant to say Ek Tha Tiger. YJHD had, at max, a 20Cr OD.

Yes you are right..... ETT holds the record. I seem to be making a lot of mistakes today.

YJHD should beat CE in terms of total gross though.

170 total? Its more than 100cr lesser than YJHD! Isn't it?

There are two figures reported in India. Gross collection and nett collection (Gross collection - entertainment taxes).

YJHD had gross collections of around 260 crore and after deducting taxes around 190 crore nett collections. CE should finish with 170 crore nett collections, or 230 crore gross collections.

Komal Nahta and Taran Adarsh still standing by the OD record of 33.12 Cr (which is what the rest of the media is reporting as well). I was shocked when some of my friends, and my Mother, who don't follow the box office at all started talking about the 33Cr number in casual conversations today i.e. "I heard that Chennai Express broke the record with 33 Crore". That is some good marketing.

Taran Adarsh always inflates SRK film's numbers. It happened with Ra. One as well.

Also, business around my area for CE was significantly lower than ETT. So I would say BOI got it right.

When Do you guys think the fist trailer for Dhoom 3 comes?

Well, YRF have "Shuddh Desi Romance" for release on September 6th, and news recently came out that Dhoom 3 final cut has been delivered - so I would say the first look should come along with "Shuddh Desi Romance".