Requiem for a Dream

15 members have voted

1. 1. Requiem for a Dream

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

BThis was very painful to watch, even the "funny" scenes were very dark. The cinematography is spectacular, and as usual Aronofsky squeezes everything out of his actors - memorable and extreme performances. Excellent film, but only "B" from me because it's just too depressing, saw this once on the big screen and once at home and don't plan to watch it again. Except maybe a few selected scenes because of the sheer brilliance of the photography!My favourite from Aronofsky would be "The Wrestler", nearly tied with "Black Swan".

I tried to love this movie, and while there were brilliant, brilliant moments, there was just too much scatter throughout, that I can't give this more than a B-. I need to watch it in full again, but for now it's just ok.

Wanna win the War on Drugs? Make this required viewing in every high school. A sickening yet absolutely captivating portrayal of four normal people destroying their lives through substance abuse. Everyone involved with this film appears to be on the same page with Aronofsky's surreal and horrifying vision.

A+, but I have no desire to ever watch it again. 

• Like 1

This probably has some of the best film editing I've seen in any movie ever. The film left me in shock after I watched it. I definitely recommend others watch it but caution that only watching it once is the best way to go. This is film is absolutely hard to sit through but it's still well worth it in the end.

A+

I remember watching this when I was like 11 and thinking it was very intense/scary but not understanding much of it. At the time, D.A.R.E. was pretty much my only exposure to discussions about drug use/addictions. :lol: I've forgotten much of what happened, but I was impressed that Marlon Wayans was so different from his Scary Movie character. The soundtrack remains one of my favorites till today. Might have to rewatch it sometime...