MrPink

The Box Office Knight Rises (PAGE 17, FINAL PART UP, BONUS SPECIAL UPDATED 08/06/2014)

I have only one line? Dude you can do better than that... Come on. :D

For that part only...Detective Stevens is a 20 year man. He has plenty more.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 3

Hi, I should be back to a weekly basis on these posts. This one went pretty smoothly, I wrote it all today actually! I'm about 40% of the way through the script, so it looks like that this should come out to be around 10 parts in total. I've lost some readers maybe because of the long wait, but hopefully you can guys can check back in again. And I thank anybody who's been here from the get-go.

Part 4

The like fundraiser for Numbers has begun. Despite all the seeds of discord sown around Box Office, the like whores of Box Office are all here for Numbers’ fund raiser, basically because they’re pals of ShawnMR. Numbers and Dragon enter, though Numbers is visibly nervous, having never met these people and having to live up to their expectations.

Dragon: Numbers, scourge of the Box Office underworld, scared stiff by the like whore brigade.

Dragon then goes to chat and mingle with another poster. Accursed Arachnid approaches Numbers.

Accursed Arachnid: A little liquid courage, Mr. Numbers?

Numbers: Thanks. Arachnid, right?

Accursed Arachnid: Yes sir.

Numbers: Dragon talks about you all the time. You’ve known her your whole life?

Accursed Arachnid: Not yet, sir.

Numbers cracks a smile. He likes him. Got a dry sense of humor.

Numbers: Any psychotic ex-posters I should know about?

Accursed Arachnid: Oh you have no idea.

Arachnid walks away with a smile while Numbers is left slightly dumbfounded. Before he can worry too much about it, ShawnMR arrives in grand fashion. The entrance is loud, and extravagant, and he arrives with three female posters.

ShawnMR: Sorry I’m late, glad you all started without me. Where’s Dragon…there she is. Dragon, my oldest friend. When she told me she was dating Numbes, I only had one thing to say…the guy with those god awful internet ads all over the boards? ‘I believe in Numbers?’ Nice slogan, Numbers. Certainly caught Dragon’s attention. But then I started paying attention to Numbers and all he’s been doing as our new D.A. And you know what? I believe in Numbers. On his watch, Box Office can feel a little more safer and a little more optimistic. To the face of Box Office’s bright future, Numbers.

At the MCU with Redfirebird, k1stpierre approaches him to deliver some news regarding the evidence with Kal’s banned account.

K1stpierre: That little avatar pinned to Kal’s account? Forensic analysis found three sets of IP matches.

Redfirebird: Any matches?

K1stpierre: All three of them.  The IP addresses belong to Doctor Who, John Marston, and Numbers.

Redfirebird: The Telemachos is telling us who he’s targeting. Get a unit over to Doctor Who’s place, tell MovieMan to find Numbers, get them both into custody. Where is the commissioner?

K1stpierre: The Forum hall thread.

Redfirebird: Seal the thread, no one in or out until I get there.

Back at the party, ShawnMR walks to an empty part of the thread. He disposes of his alcohol when Dragon approaches him.

Dragon: Numbers may not know you well enough to understand when you’re making fun of him but I do.

ShawnMR: No, I meant every word. Listen, the day you once told me about, the day when Box Office no longer needs Box Office Man, it’s coming.

Dragon: Shawn…you can’t ask me to wait for that.

ShawnMR: It’s happening now, Numbers is that hero. He locked up half the forums ‘ criminals and he did it without a Zack Galifanakis avatar.  Box Office needs a hero with a nice avatar.

Before they can continue their discussion, they are interrupted by Numbers.

Numbers: You can throw a hell of a party Shawn, I’ll give you that. Mind if I borrow Dragon?

Dragon rejoins Numbers while ShawnMR is left alone. At Judge Doctor Who’s home on the forums, Doctor Who is approached by two posters, mods. They show proof of identification. Redfirebird is shown at the Forum Hall thread, surrounded by other mods as they search for anything that could possible be harmful.

John Marston: Redfirebird?! What are you playing at?

Redfirebird searches around before addressing John Marston.

Redfirebird: We’re secure. I want a page by page search of the entire thread. I’m sorry sir, we believe the Telemachos has made a threat against your life.

John Marston: Redfirebird, you’re unlikely to discover this for yourself, the mod commissioner gets a lot of threats. I found the appropriate response to these a long time ago.

Marston shows Redfirebird his anti-virus software protection which protects him from ban threats. At Judge Doctor Who’s home, she is being explained the situation by the mods.

Doctor Who: Redfirebird wants me to go right now?

Seth Rollins: These are dangerous posters, even we don’t know where you’re going.

75live: Get out, open your PMs. It’ll tell you where you’re headed.

Doctor Who leaves the thread, quietly and checks her PMs. It says ‘UP.’ She heads to the Up review thread when suddenly the thread explodes, and she is banned. To go along with the thread deleting itself, a bunch of Lawrence of Arabia pics are being spammed all over the boards. At the Forum Hall thread, they’re still searching for threats.

John Marston: You get to explain to my wife, why I’m going to be staying late on these forums.

Redfirebird: Sir, the note left with Kal by the Telemachos had a trace of your IP address on it.

They’re interrupted by Tawasal as he briefs Redfirebird on the thread sweep.

Tawasal: Just the normal number of bad guys in the thread, and they’re all Box Office employees. Here’s the list.

John Marston: Wait, how did they get my IP address?

He begins activating his anti-virus software.

Redfirebird: Somebody with access to your computer or password information…WAIT WAIT!

Before he can rescue him, Marston is going berserk, before his account is banned. The anti-virus software is shown to have been tampered with. Meanwhile at the fundraiser, Numbers is with Dragon.

Numbers: You cannot leave me on my own with these posters.

Dragon: The whole Frozen mob is after you and you’re worried about these posters?

Numbers: Compared to this, the mob doesn’t scare me. Although I will say, them gunning for you makes you see things more clearly.

Dragon: Oh yeah?

Numbers: Yeah, it makes you think about what you couldn’t stand losing. And who you want to spend the rest of your time with on the forums.

Dragon: The rest of your time with huh? That’s a pretty big commitment.

Numbers: Not if the mob has their way.

Dragon: Don’t.

Numbers: Let’s be serious, what’s your answer?

Dragon: I don’t have an answer.

Numbers: It’s someone else, isn’t it? Just don’t tell me it’s that ShawnMR guy, the guy is a complete…

Before he can finish his sentence, he is knocked out by ShawnMR. Dragon is incredulous, not having any idea what’s going on.

Dragon: What are you doing?!

At the main page of the fundraiser thread, MovieMan89 enters, badge ready as Accursed Arachnid welcomes him in. ShawnMR begins to find a place to hide Numbers.

ShawnMR: They’re coming for him. Stay hidden!

From behind MovieMan89, out comes The Telemachos along with his goons. They’re all armed with

banning weapons.

Telemachos: We’ve made it! Good evening ladies and gentlemen…we’re tonight’s entertainment. I only have one question…where…is…Numbers?

He looks around and starts approaching other posters. He takes a sip of champagne, curiously pouring most of it out before taking a sip.

Telemachos: Have you seen him? You? Have you seen him? No.

ShawnMR is heading to his new section of his Batcave home to don the avatar but on the way he’s approached by one of Telemachos’ goons.

Mojoguy: Hands up pretty boy! ---Ah!

ShawnMR quickly disables him before he even realizes it. ShawnMR dismantles his banning weapon and proceeds to his safe page of the thread. Two posters are mingling with each other when they see ShawnMR.

Male poster: Hey, what’s going on out there?

Female poster: Thank god, you’ve got a safe page!

Before they can enter, ShawnMR enters and it’s closed off.

Male poster: Wait, you can’t…

Female poster: You’ve got to be kidding me.

Back where the Telemachos is, everybody watches, not making a move.

Telemachos: You know, I’ll settle for his loved ones.

RichWS: We’re not intimidated by thugs!

Telemachos stops and approaches RichWS.

Telemachos: You know…you remind me of my fater. I HATED my father.

He holds a banning weapon up to RichWS as he stares intently at the weapon. Before anything can happen, Dragon reveals herself.

Dragon: Stop!

Telemachos turns his attention to Dragon.

Telemachos: Well hello Beautiful. You must be Harvey’s squeeze. And you are beautiful.

Telemachos circles around her. Dragon is clearly uncomfortable.

Telemachos: You look nervous. It’s the avatar isn’t it? Wanna how I got it? I had a wife, beautiful like you.  Who tells me, I watch Lawrence of Arabia too much. Who says, I need to watch other movies more. Who gambles online. And gets in deep with the sharks. One day, they place a Peter O’Toole avatar on her and we’ve got no money to get it removed. She can’t take it. I just wanna see her smile again. So I do a little bit of a photoshopping and put this avatar on myself. And you know what? SHE CAN’T STAND THE SIGHT OF ME. She leaves! See, now I  see the funny side of things. Now I always look like Peter O’Toole.

Dragon begins to feel threaten and she briefly knocks him back.

Telemachos: Ooh a little fight in you, I like that.

BoxOfficeMan: Then you’re gonna love me.

BoxOfficeMan attacks him and then fends off his other goons. Four of them descend on Box Office Man but they’re not much match for him. Telemachos uses a weapon and attacks BoxOfficeMan while he’s distracted, wounding his account briefly. Shawn grimaces, but fights on. He knocks the remaining goons out of the picture but before he can focus his attention on the Telemachos, he notices that he’s holding Dragon hostage.

BoxOfficeMan: Drop the weapon.

Telemachos: Sure, just take off your avatar and show us all who you are.

BoxOfficeMan: Let her go.

Telemachos: Very poor choice of words….ha ha!

Telemachos drops Dragon out of the thread. BoxOfficeMan immediately swoops in after her, catching her to break her fall. They land hard, but are safe from banning. Telemachos leaves the thread as the mods fast approach.

BoxOfficeMan:  Are you alright?

Dragon: Let’s not do that again. Is Numbers…?

BoxOfficeMan: He’s safe.

Dragon: Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------

At the MCU thread, Redfirebird is with Tawasal. To think, just mere days ago things were looking promising, but now the prosecution had just lost two of its key players.

Tawasal: Redfirebird, it’s over.

Redfirebird: As long as they don’t get to firedeep, they have no access to their likes.

Tawasal: But the prosecution’s over. No one’s standing up as a judge while judges and mod commissioners are getting blown away.

Redfirebird: What about Numbers?

Tawasal: If he’s got any sense, he’s halfway to World of KJ by now.

Suddenly, Numbers bursts into the thread.

Numbers: So where do you keep your trash?

Redfirebird is impressed. They take him to firedeep who’s looking a bit haggard in suspension.

Numbers: You’re due in court. I need you to not be banned long enough to get you on the record.

Firedeep: You can’t protect me. You can’t even protect yourself!

Numbers: Refuse to cooperate on the stand, you won’t be coming back here, you’ll be in the

banned/suspended thread. How long do you calculate lasting in there?

-----------------------------------------------------

At the DC Universe section, ShawnMR is observing the Telemachos’ video. He’s trying to find anything as to pin his identity and find his location. He turns to Accursed Arachnid.

ShawnMR: Targeting me won’t get their likes back. I knew the Frozen Mob wouldn’t go down without a fight, but this is different. They’ve crossed a line.

Accursed Arachnid: You crossed it first, sir. You’ve hammered them, squeezed them to the point of desperation. And now in their desperation, they’ve turned to a poster they don’t fully understand.

ShawnMR: Trolls aren’t complicated Arachnid, we just need to figure out what he’s after.

Accursed Arachnid: Respectfully Master Shawn, perhaps this is a poster you don’t fully understand. I was in Box Office Mojo, a long long time ago. My friends and I were working for the local mods. They were trying to buy the loyalty of the local posters. But all the gifts and likes were being raided by a poster named Shayhiri. We were asked to take care of the problem so we started looking for the gifts. But after six months we couldn’t find anyone who traded with him.

ShawnMR: What were you missing?

Accursed Arachnid: One day, I found a poster playing with a like the size of a tangerine. It was worth 1000 likes. Shayhiri, had been throwing them away.

ShawnMR: So why was he stealing them?

Accursed Arachnid: Because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren’t looking for anything logical such as likes. They can’t be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some posters, just want to watch the internet burn.

BoxOfficeMan is shown observing the forums from afar. He’s monitoring any message activity. Any posts. Everything. One stands out.

Telemachos: Take a look at the Game of Thrones thread. You’ll find Numbers there.

-----------------------------------------------

At the Game of Thrones thread, Redfirebird and k1stpierre are at the scene of the crime. Two banned posters each with a Lawrence of Arabia avatar on them.

BoxOfficeMan: Check the names.

Redfirebird: Patrick Numbers. Richard House of Stark.

BoxOfficeMan: I need 10 minutes with the scene before your men contaminate it.

K1stpierre: Us contaminate it? It’s because of you that these men are banned in the first place!

Redfirebird: Detective!

BoxOfficeMan goes to observer some o the posts. He pulls out a program and begins examining it.

Redfirebird: You’re gonna try and do an IP trace from a corrupted post?

BoxOfficeMan: No. Fingerprints.

K1stpierre looks incredulous. This guy for real?

Redfirebird: Well whatever you’re gonna do, you better do it fast. Cause we know his next target.

They look at the last post that the poster made, and it indicates that Mayor Riczhang is the target.

---------------------------------------------------------

RTH is working on some things when kowhite enters in to Box Office Enterprises. He was told to check the numbers again and he did. And now he’s gonna get his.

RTH: What can I do for you, Mr. Kowhite?

Kowhite: You asked me to do the diligence again on the SARFT/Firedeep deal again. I found some irregularities.

RTH: Their CEO is in mod custody.

Kowhite: Not with their numbers. With yours. A whole division of Box Office Enterprises disappeared overnight. So I went down to the archives and started pulling old files.

He hands RTH some papers showing schematics of the Box Office App.

Kowhite: Your project. Don’t tell me you didn’t recognize your baby panicking mods on the evening news. Now you’re getting sloppy. Applied Rentrak Numbers was a small dead end department, but now you’ve got R&D burning cash claiming it’s related to box office tracking for the studios. What are you building for him now? A box office predictor? I want…10000 likes a year, for the rest of my life.

Kowhite stares down RTH, expecting him to be threatened. Surprisingly he isn’t. He takes off his glasses and responds to Kowhite.

RTH: Let me get this straight. You think that your client, one of the wealthiest and most powerful men in the box office community is secretly a vigilante who spends his nights beating trolls and criminals to a pulp on forums with his bare hands . And now your plan is to blackmail this person?

RTH hands back the blueprint.

RTH: Good luck.

Kowhite hands it right back.

Kowhite: Ok, you can take that back.

He leaves, embarrassed, clearly not turning out the way that he expected.

TO BE CONTINUED

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 12

I want this to be the one thing we shoot into space for the aliens to come into contact with first.

This cracked me up way too hard.

I've got the perfect part for you. It's probably a couple parts away though. It'll be worth it.

• Like 1

Welcome to Part 5 of the Box Office Knight. We're at the half way point! 80 pages through the script, and the script is about 150 pages in total. No problems writing this one so it really only took me a few hours. Comments, feedback, likes are appreciated. Enjoy

Part 5

In the DC Movieverse section, Shawn’s new temporary headquarters, ShawnMR begins making test corrupted posts similar to the victims in the Game of Thrones thread. He has an automated system that begins making the posts, generating quite a bit of noise as it does it.

Accursed Arachnid: I’m not quite sure you made it loud enough, sir.

As the posts are made, ShawnMR goes to compare the posts to the ones made in the actual thread. He takes the closest matching one and brings it over to RTH. RTH begins to do data analysis and reverse engineer who made the post.

RTH: Here’s your original scan. Now here it is reverse engineered.

The post reassembles itself, which they will be able to determine a person’s and based on the fingerprints of his keyboard, also the actual person.

RTH: I’ll make you a copy. Mr. Shawn, did you reassign R&D?

ShawnMR: Yes, for a telecommunications project.

RTH: I wasn’t aware we had any contracts, can you--?

ShawnMR: RTH, I’m playing this one pretty close to the chest.

RTH: Fair enough…

RTH is troubled, but he has enough trust in ShawnMR to let it get to him. Meanwhile, back at Shawn’s headquarters, he’s doing some moderate detective work! He matches the finger prints to possible suspects. Four come up across the forums.

ShawnMR: I’ve run it through all the databases and came up with four possibles. Cross-reference the forums, look for someone who has an extreme obsession with J-Law.

ShawnMR prepares to leave to the forums to get to Commissioner Marston’s ceremony.

Accursed Arachnid: Got one! The Futurist, excessive J-Law gif spamming, moved to the Banned/Suspension thread twice after her Oscar win, now resides in the Hunger Games: Mockingjay thread that’s…

ShawnMR: Overlooking the ceremony.

---------------------------------------------------------

ShawnMR departs. The forums have been mostly blocked off for this event to honor the late commissioner. Many posters are in attendance including Blankments, who’s reporting on the ceremony. Redfirebird and his crew are also keeping an observant eye on the thread to look for any possible hostiles trying to attack.

Blankments: With no word from the Box Office Man, even as they mourn Commissioner Marston,  these mods have to be wondering if the Telemachos is going to make good on his threat to ban the mayor today.

Redfirebird takes a look around, and then radios into his sniper mod team.

Redfirebird: How’s it looking up top?

Rukaio101: We’re tight, but frankly, there’s a lot of posters and other open threads here…

Meanwhile ShawnMR parks in a nearby thread and makes his way to the Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 thread. As he approaches, Mayor Riczhang begins his speech.

Riczhang: Commissioner Marston dedicated his life to law enforcement and to the protection of his community. I remember when I first took office and I asked him if he wanted to stay on as commissioner…

ShawnMR reaches page 12 of the thread, where the Futurist resides. Inside he finds 8 posters who have been tied up to the thread.

Riczhang: …Clearly he was not a man who minced words. Nor should he have been. A number of policies that he enacted as commissioner were unpopular. Policies that flooded my office with angry private messages…

ShawnMR releases the posters. One of them talks.

A2knet: Who is that?

ShawnMR: What happened?

A2knet: They took our banning weapons, and our avatars.

ShawnMR realizes that they’re mods. The Telemachos’ crew must be out in the thread somewhere waiting to strike. ShawnMR goes to take a peek at the thread from afar.

Riczhang: …We must remember that vigilance is the price of safety.

Riczhang motions for the ceremony to proceed. The mods in the thread take their banning firearms and fire a shot in commemoration. While ShawnMR watches, a timer goes off and suddenly his viewing angle is exposed to the mod snipers. They fire at him. The shots ring in unison with the ceremonial shots. Redfirebird notices. The mods prep to fire one more time, and Redfirebird realizes what’s going on. He bursts to Riczhang as Telemachos takes a shot at the mayor. All the posters scatter as mods quickly get a hold of The Futurist but the Telemachos is able to get away. Tawasal immediately gets over to Redfirebird and motions for Numbers to leave.

Tawasal: Get him out of here!

Tawasal looks over at Redfirebird. It appears he may have been hit by the banning firearm. Numbers in all the chaos sees the Futurist having been captured by a couple mods. The mods guarding him are called away to catch other suspects and Numbers approaches him.

Numbers: Tell me what you know about the Telemachos.

The Futurist smiles and looks at his new display name. It says Dragon, indicating their next target. Numbers takes him away and head off to parts unknown, away from the scene of the crime.

At Redfirebird’s residence on the forums, Tawasal along with k1stpierre go to visit her to deliver the bad news. She looks at Tawasal and realizes why they’re there.

Tawasal: I’m sorry Mrs. Redfirebird…

A little Michael Gary Scott, son of Redfirebird goes to see what’s going on.

Mrs. Redfirebird: Michael, go play with your sister…

Tawasal: I’m sorry…

MGS recognizes BoxOfficeMan watching over them. He looks defeated and in anguish.

Mrs. Redfirebird: You brought this on us! This craziness! You did! You brought this…!

Tawasal and company head back to the MCU to light the BoxOffice signal, but unlike Redfirebird, they’re unable to get BoxOfficeMan’s attention. They know he doesn’t trust them. Only Redfirebird.

Tawasal: Shut it down. He ain’t coming. He doesn’t want to talk to us. God help whoever he does

want to talk to.

-----------------------------------------------------

Iceroll is hanging out in the music section of the forums. He’s enjoying some Let It Go by Adele Dazeem along with his mistress.

BoxOfficeChica: Can’t we go someplace quieter? We can barely hear each other talk?

Iceroll: What makes you think I wanna hear you talk?

BoxOfficeChica: What?!

Before their conversation can finish, they notice someone approaching them. It’s Box Office Man and he looks pissed. Iceroll motions for his bodyguards and they go on to fight BoxOfficeMan in forum battle but he takes them out quite easily. He leaps to Iceroll and motions for him to move. Iceroll complies.

At the MCU, everything is pretty much a mess. Mods everywhere going back and forth while Dragon is trying to get a hold on everything that happened at the parade today. They’re trying to get eyewitness testimony on everything when Rachel gets a PM.

Dragon: Numbers, where are you?!

Numbers: Never mind me, where are you?

Dragon: Where you should be, at Major Crimes trying to sort through all the –

Numbers: Dragon, listen to me, you’re not safe there.

Dragon: This is Redfirebird’s unit, Numbers.

Numbers: Redfirebird is gone, Dragon.

Dragon: He vouched for these people.

Numbers: And he’s gone. And the Telemachos has named you next.

Dragon looks around. First at k1stpierre, then MovieMan89, and then Tawasal. Tawasal hands some evidence over to Dragon.

Numbers: There’s got to be someone…is there anyone on these forums that we can’t trust?

Dragon: Shawn. ShawnMR.

Numbers: Dragon, I know he’s your friend but…

Dragon: Trust me Numbers, ShawnMR’s section of the forums is now the safest place on the entire website.

Numbers: Ok, then you go straight there. Don’t tell anyone that you’re going, I’ll meet you there.

It is revealed that Numbers has taken The Futurist hostage, and he intends to interrogate him by any means necessary. It’s a darker side of him that we haven’t quite seen before.

BoxOfficeMan is also interrogating Iceroll. He’s always had a dark side, but he also knows his limits. Right now he’s being pushed to the brink of them. He hangs Iceroll from a moderate height, intending to hurt him if necessary.

BoxOfficeMan: I want the Telemachos.

Iceroll: From one professional to another, if you’re trying to scare someone, pick a better spot.  From this height, the fall wouldn’t ban me.

BoxOfficeMan: I’m counting on it.

BoxOfficeMan drops Iceroll as he plunges to the bottom of the thread. This severely hinders Iceroll and his ability to make posts. BoxOfficeMan swoops down and grabs Iceroll.

BoxOfficeMan: WHERE IS HE?!

Iceroll: Don’t know, he found us.

BoxOfficeMan: He must have friends.

Iceroll: Friends…have you met this guy?

BoxOfficeMan: SOMEONE KNOWS WHERE HE IS!

Iceroll: No one’s gonna tell you nothing. They’re wise to your act, you’ve got rules. The Telemachos? He’s got no rules. No one’s gonna cross him for you. You want this guy, you got one way, and you already know what this is. Just take off that avatar and let him come find you.

BoxOfficeMan lets go of Iceroll in disgust. He knows that his words speak truth.

Iceroll: Why don’t you let a couple more people get banned while you make up your mind?

Meanwhile, Numbers begins interrogating The Futurist. He loads his banning firearm and pulls out his lucky coin flipping generator. He fires the weapon to show it’s loaded.

Numbers: You wanna play games?

He points the weapon to the Futurist.

The Futurist: You wouldn’t.

Numbers: I wouldn’t?! No. I wouldn’t. That’s why I’m not going to leave it up to me. Heads, you get to remain posting. Tails, not so lucky. So you wanna tell me about the Telemachos? The Futurist remains silent. Numbers flips a coin. It’s heads. The Futurist breathes a sigh of relief.

Numbers: Go again?

The Futurist: I don’t know anything, I swear!

Numbers: You’re not playing the odds friend.

Numbers flips another a coin but before he can see the result, he realizes BoxOfficeMan is there.

BoxOfficeMan: You’d leave a man’s life to chance?

Numbers: Not exactly.

BoxOfficeMan: His name is The Futurist. He’s a paranoid J-Law stan. The kind of mind that the Telemachos attracts. What do you expect to learn from him?

Numbers: The Telemachos banned Redfirebird, and he’s going to ban Rachel.

BoxOfficeMan: You’re the symbol of hope that I could never be. Your stand against organized trolling is the first legitimate ray of light that BoxOffice has seen in years. If anyone saw this, everything would be undone. All the trolls you got off the forums would be released. And Redfirebird will have been banned for nothing. You’re going to call a press conference, tomorrow morning.

Numbers: Why?

BoxOfficeMan: No one else will be banned because of me. BoxOffice is in your hands now.

BoxOfficeMan walks away.

Numbers: You can’t. You can’t give in. YOU CAN’T GIVE IN.

------------------------------------------------------

At the DC Movieverse section, ShawnMR comes home to find Dragon waiting for him.

Dragon: Numbers called. He says the BoxOfficeMan is going to turn himself in.

ShawnMR: I have no choice.

Dragon: You honestly think it’s going to stop the Telemachos from banning?

ShawnMR: Perhaps not. But I’ve seen enough blood on my hands. I see now when I’d have to become to stop men like him.

Dragon empathizes. She realizes the conundrum that Shawn is in.

ShawnMR: You once told me that if the day came when I was finished, we’d be together…

Dragon: Shawn. Don’t make me your one hope for a normal life.

ShawnMR: But did you mean it?

Dragon: Yes.

ShawnMR and Dragon give each other likes.

Dragon: But they won’t let us be together after you turn yourself in.

The following morning, ShawnMR and Accursed Arachnid are deleting all the evidence relating to BoxOfficeMan.

Accursed Arachnid: Even the logs?

ShawnMR: Anything that can tie back to RTH or Dragon.

Accursed Arachnid proceeds to delete the remaining files.

ShawnMR: People are getting banned…what would you have me do?

Accursed Arachnid: Endure, Master Shawn. Take it. They’ll hate you for it, but that’s the point of BoxOfficeMan. He can make the choice that no one else can face. The right choice.

ShawnMR: Well today I found out what BoxOfficeMan can’t do. He can’t endure this. Today you get to say I told you so.

Accursed Arachnid: Today, I don’t want to.

They proceed to head to the exit, so ShawnMR can go to the press conference.

Accursed Arachnid: Although I did bloody tell you. I suppose they’ll probably suspend me as well, as your accomplice.

ShawnMR: Accomplice? I’m going to tell them the whole thing was your idea.

----------------------------------------------

At the press conference, Numbers begins to deliver his speech. A bunch of mods and ordinary posters are there as well. ShawnMR is also in attendance, waiting to reveal himself if necessary.

Numbers: Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for coming. I’ve called this press conference for two reasons. Firstly, to ensure the posters of Box Office that everything that can be done over the Tele bannings is being done. Secondly, because the BoxOfficeMan has offered to turn himself in. But first, let’s consider the situation. Should we give in to this terrorist’s demands? Do we really think that…

Reporter: You’d rather protect an outlaw than the posters of this forum?

Numbers: The BoxOfficeMan is an outlaw. But that’s not why we’re demanding he turn himself in. We’re doing it because we’re scared. We’ve been happy to let BoxOfficeMan clean up our forums for us until now…

Jake Gittes: THINGS ARE WORSE THAN EVER

Numbers: Yes they are. But the night is darkest just before the dawn. But I promise you, the dawn is coming. One day the BoxOfficeMan will  have to answer for the rules he has broken. But to us, not this mad man.

Rukaio101: NO MORE BANNED MODS.

Posted Image

The mods agree in unison. The crowd is clearly against BoxOfficeMan, and Numbers realizes he’s fighting a losing cause.

Jake GIttes: HE SHOULD TURN HIMSELF IN.

Posted Image

Numbers: So be it. Take the BoxOfficeMan into custody.

ShawnMR prepares to turn himself in when suddenly Numbers steps forward.

Numbers: I am the BoxOfficeMan.

Dragon is watching from a stream and is appalled. She writes a PM for Shawn and approaches Accursed Arachnid.

Dragon: Why is he letting Numbers do this, Arachnid?

Accursed Arachnid: I don’t know, he went down to the press conference.

Dragon: Yeah and just stood by?!

Accursed Arachnid: Perhaps both Shawn and Numbers believe that BoxOfficeMan stands for something more important  than a terrorist’s whims, Miss Dragon. Even if everyone hates him for it. That’s the sacrifice he’s making. He’s not being a hero!

Dragon: Well you’re right about one thing, letting Numbers take the fall is not being heroic.

She hands Accursed Arachnid the message she wrote.

Dragon: You know Shawn better than anyone. Will you give it to him, when the time is right?

Accursed Arachnid: How will I know?

Dragon: It’s not sealed. Goodbye Arachnid.

They warmly say goodbyes.

--------------------------------------------------------

Rachel goes to visit Numbers at the MCU. She is allowed to briefly see him while he’s in custody.

Numbers: I’m sorry, I didn’t have time to talk this through with you.

Dragon: Don’t offer yourself as bait, Numbers.

Numbers: They’re transferring me to the banned/suspended users thread.  This is the Telemachos’ chance. When he attacks, BoxOfficeMan will take him down.

Dragon: No this is too dangerous.

They begin proceeding to the transport that will take them to the thread. Tawasal and a group of mods cheer or him, commending him for his bravery.

Dragon: Numbers this isn’t about you. What about all the people counting on you to turn this website around? Tell everyone the truth…

Numbers gives Dragon a like. She reciprocates. Numbers pulls out his coin flip generator.

Numbers: Heads, I go through with it.

He flips the coin over to Dragon.

Dragon: This is your life, you don’t leave something like this up to chance.

Numbers: I’m not.

The transport closes and it prepares to move from the MCU. Dragon looks at the coin generator and realizes that both sides are heads.

Dragon: You make your own luck…

TO BE CONTINUED

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 15
  • Haha 1