Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Kung Fu Panda 4' stronger than predecessor

what is the admission of avatar in italy?

8.008.000 admissions, over 70% 3D market share. I think that the surcharge of 3D is about 12m euros: in fact it is the highest grossing movie here despite the #2 and the #3 in chart have sold more tickets. (Titanic had over 12 mil admissions in late 90's)

• Like 1

Cinderella is in way to win its third weekend in a row, even if, in first spring saturday, numbers are significantly lower than the previous. The Disney fairytale live action passes 12M€ today and, with easter holiday coming soon, is guaranteed to outpace Maleficent. Home (at least of a sunday miraculous rise), totally bombed here (350K€ in first three days) confirming the weakness at the boxoffice of animated movies in A.F. (after Frozen) era. Insurgent is confirmed doing better Divergent in second weekend, but I don't think it will pass 3M€ at the end.

• Like 4

Cinderella won third weekend in a row and passes 2 million admissions (by next monday - holiday here - will pass Maleficent). It's the fourth movie to do this in first three months of 2015, very very good if compared with 2014 (only one movie in full year) and 2013 (five movies in full year).

Insurgent better than Divergent by today: €2.386.501 Vs €2.373.364.

As predicted Home is a disaster; 680K euro on 415 screens in four days. Maybe Easter Holiday saved it.

• Like 3

Cinderella won third weekend in a row and passes 2 million admissions (by next monday - holiday here - will pass Maleficent). It's the fourth movie to do this in first three months of 2015, very very good if compared with 2014 (only one movie in full year) and 2013 (five movies in full year).

Insurgent better than Divergent by today: €2.386.501 Vs €2.373.364.

As predicted Home is a disaster; 680K euro on 415 screens in four days. Maybe Easter Holiday saved it.

You are right edroger! Cinderella is already number 4 for the year!!

2015 – Top Ten Euros   OD Exchange Rate $   Admissions  
1 Fifty Shades of Grey 19.62 m Feb,12th 1.13 22.2 m 2.83 m
2 American Sniper 19.01 m Jan, 1st 1.21 23.1 m 2.80 m
3 Si Accettano Miracoli 15.47 m Jan, 1st 1.21 18.8 m 2.35 m
4 Cinderella 12.75 m Mar, 12th 1.06 13.6 m 2.41 m
5 The Imitation Game 8.28 m Jan, 1st 1.21 10.1 m 1.29 m
6 Exodus 6.13 m Jan, 15th 1.18 7.2 m 0.88 m
7 Night at the Museum 3 5.78 m Jan, 28th 1.13 6.5 m 0.90 m
8 The Theory of Everything 5.44 m Jan, 15th 1.18 6.4 m 0.87 m
9 SpongeBob 2 5.08 m Feb, 26th 1.14 5.8 m 0.81 m
10 Focus 4.98 m Mar, 5th 1.11 5.5 m 0.77 m
  • Like 4

It is just Cinderella, or also part of Frozen Fever contribution?

As I told in a previous post the "Frozen fever" is strong here, but also Cinderella itself has got very good reviews and positive response from moviegoers and in any case is still an iconic brand. In other hands, the big Sunday boost means that the audience is mainly family & children and perhaps the Frozen factor has been able to drive the choice (see also the flop of Home) , so I think 70% Cinderella and 30% Frozen. As usual the entire operation has been very well marketed by Disney

• Like 1

Tomorrow the golden year for the boxoffice continues with the open of the highly anticipated Fast&Furious 7. See how did the three past chapters:

2009 FF4 Opening € 5,01 Total € 8,30

2011 FF5 Opening € 3,33 Total € 10,75

2013 FF6 Opening € 5,71 Total € 12,75

FF7 is awaited to set the franchise record thanks in part to the hype created by the death of a leading (and maybe the most iconic) actor. Many experts talk about the "Ledger/Joker effect" could "affect" this movie: I think it "could" be true, but to compare the greatest cinecomic villain ever with a guy that drive a car is blasphemy.

Edited by edroger
  • Like 2

Tomorrow the golden year for the boxoffice continues with the open of the highly anticipated Fast&Furious 7. See how did the three past chapters:

2009 FF4 Opening € 5,01 Total € 8,30

2011 FF5 Opening € 3,33 Total € 10,75

2013 FF6 Opening € 5,71 Total € 12,75

FF7 is awaited to set the franchise record thanks in part to the hype created by the death of a leading (and maybe the most iconic) actor. Many experts talk about the "Ledger/Joker effect" could "affect" this movie: I think it "could" be true, but to compare the greatest cinecomic villain ever with a guy that drive a car is blasphemy.

BTW La Terra Ti Sia Lieve Paul Walker Edited by edroger

FF7 very good in first day of wide release, 1,36M€ which is 1,78M€ with wed previews. This is significantly lower than FF6 2,5M€ in 2 days (3,6M€ in 3 days) but this is the Easter week, so the number aren't so comparable at least until Monday.

Into the Woods starts at #3 with a poor 87k€, which is less than Cindy in its 4th week. I think many people don't understand that kind of movie it is, maybe WoM save it.

FF7 very good in first day of wide release, 1,36M€ which is 1,78M€ with wed previews. This is significantly lower than FF6 2,5M€ in 2 days (3,6M€ in 3 days) but this is the Easter week, so the number aren't so comparable at least until Monday.

Into the Woods starts at #3 with a poor 87k€, which is less than Cindy in its 4th week. I think many people don't understand that kind of movie it is, maybe WoM save it.

Why? This is not lower than FF6 because in the first day of wide release it made 1.6M€ (including previews)

And now FF7 already made 1.8M€.

Why? This is not lower than FF6 because in the first day of wide release it made 1.6M€ (including previews)

And now FF7 already made 1.8M€.

It's a problem of different release date, calendar and week of the day in which the movie opens, so is hard to compare it, as i wrote, until monday. However FF6 did 2,5 until thursday, (3,6 until friday and 5,71 until sunday), so for now FF7 is down. Then, if today it gross more than 1,8, It's up.

FF7 on Friday 1,3M€ (-4% from OD), total 3,1M€ (eyes 9M+ for Monday). I am not a fan of this movies, but people are talking about  very well here. Btw it seems that there is a very cool fight between Michelle Rodriguez and the MMA star Ronda Rousey. Is this correct?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1