Olive

Avengers: Age of Ultron OS Thread | $945.7M OS | $1.405B WW

Since the trailer was out a week earlier than planned.
I think it's fine to creat the OS thread for AOU.

Predict now!
A billion, over or under?

$895.6M and a global haul of $1.32B

Edited by Johnny Storm
  • Like 3

Over $1 billion OS. Definitely :)

It's been number one searched word on Korea's biggest portal website throughout the day since the early release of the trailer and it has generated a whopping 38,678 thumbs up already (interstellar only has 6000 so far in comparison). With several scenes shot in South Korea and a Korean actress in the cast, interest for AoU is pretty high. 10 million admissions is very much on the table.

The trailer looks pretty awesome too, hoping most territories see an increase or at least stay flat from The Avengers.  

• Like 6

IMHO, 1 billion OS is locked. The question is to know how much more it can gross. I am thinking in 1.2 billion.

Relative to China, I think it could go higher than 200. According Chinese thread we have these numbers until now:

Iron Man 1: $15m

The Incredible Hulk: $9m

Iron Man 2: $26m

Thor: $15m

Captain America: $15m

The Avengers: $89m

Iron Man 3: $123m

Thor 2: $56m

Captain America 2: $115m

Guardians of the Galaxy: $90m?

MCU has exploded since Avengers and looking at the trailer, the feeling is similar to Transformers (in terms of action). I think Chinese people will devour this. 200 is the target but I do not discard more.

• Like 3

1.2B+

200M+ in China

90-100M in SK

80-100M in UK

70-80M in Mexico

65-75M in Brazil

60M+ in Russia

60M in Australia

Japan/France/Germany 40-45M

Spain and Italy 20-25M

A lot of the smaller territories will be looking at 20M+. Philippines, Malaysia, Taiwan, HK, Venezuela, Argentina, India, Colombia, Indonesia, Singapore and etc. Some could even approach 25M+. Asia and Latin America are going to blow up for TA2, real question is Europe. If it remain same or a slight decline from TA than it's in great shape for a massive jump from TA. Personally, 1B is locked for TA2.  :D

• Like 7

Let's put it this way: It made $89M in China and $895M ONA. Even if all territories except China stayed flat and if China made $200M, Avengers 2 would still reach $1B. Of course, most territories will increase, so $1B is a given.

Edited by Quigley
  • Like 5

1.2B+

200M+ in China Agree.

90-100M in SK - Why would it jump 30-40M over TA  and IM3? It'a a crazy increase.

80-100M in UK Agree.

70-80M in Mexico Low end, but yeah, agree.

65-75M in Brazil Agree.

60M+ in Russia This will depend on how strong the ruble will be. With the present exchange rate, I doubt it would hit that.

60M in Australia Agree.

Japan/France/Germany 40-45M Unless Germany suddenly starts going crazy about SH movies, it won't hit 40M. TA barely made 30M and no other Marvel movie crossed that line. TDKR is the highest grossing CBM with 35M. I agree with the rest.

Spain and Italy 20-25M Around that, though I could see Spain not hitting 20M.

A lot of the smaller territories will be looking at 20M+. Philippines, Malaysia, Taiwan, HK, Venezuela, Argentina, India (Doubtful.), Colombia (I don't think so. But around 15M should be achievable and likely the highest grossing movie ever.), Indonesia, Singapore (Too much to ask for 20M). and etc. Some could even approach 25M+. Asia and Latin America are going to blow up for TA2, real question is Europe. If it remain same or a slight decline from TA than it's in great shape for a massive jump from TA. Personally, 1B is locked for TA2.  :D

1B is locked. I see around 1.15B. 

1B is locked. I see around 1.15B. 

IM3 (9M+) actually beat TA in SK in gross and admissions. 10M+ admissions are very likely which would correspond to 80M+ and I personally think it's going to blow up even more hence the reason for 90-100M. 

IM3 (9M+) actually beat TA in SK in gross and admissions. 10M+ admissions are very likely which would correspond to 80M+ and I personally think it's going to blow up even more hence the reason for 90-100M. 

Avengers made 50.5M, IM 3 - 64M. If we're doin' some simple math, IM 3's average ticket price was about $7 (actually a bit less than that). TA would need to make at least 13M adm to reach 90M. That's a hell of a long way shot. 

Avengers made 50.5M, IM 3 - 64M. If we're doin' some simple math, IM 3's average ticket price was about $7 (actually a bit less than that). TA would need to make at least 13M adm to reach 90M. That's a hell of a long way shot. 

You're probably right but I just have sneaky feeling that TA2's SK gross will be close to 100M. 

I can have peace that it'll take 4 years for a film to top DH2's overseas gross. 

Excluding James Cameron films, the previous record holder was Pirates 4 (whose record held for a bit more than a month). Before that it was The Lord of the Rings 3, whose record held for 8 years. Sorry, but HP7 - P2's streak is nothing extraordinary or even close to that.