GuardiaStar

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2

One of the questions I have regarding this second part, do you think they are going to go bold with their

Graphic scenes?

Or do you think they will edit it out a bit? If they go the route CF did, which seems more likely then I will be more than pleased.

Edited by GuardiaStar

This may be a little early, considering THG: Mockingjay Part 1 hasn't been released yet.

Does anyone know when we might start seeing trailers for Mockingjay Part 2?

I agree with CJohn; July 2015 would be a good time to release a first "official" (2min 30sec) trailer

I wouldn't be surprised if maybe they released a very short "teaser" with Insurgent that doesn't really show any footage, then just keep that until Scorch Trials.

One of the questions I have regarding this second part, do you think they are going to go bold with their

Graphic scenes?

Or do you think they will edit it out a bit? If they go the route CF did, which seems more likely then I will be more than pleased.

CF route IMO. It worked really well there. They'll do what they can that'll still allow a PG-13 rating.

July 2015.

I'd definitely agree July for a main/theatrical/2:30 trailer.

Given how they'll have more footage at their disposal now than for Part 1 at that time, I really hope to see the trailer campaign go back to blockbuster levels. Not having something with Avengers 2 would be disappointing, perfect time to debut a teaser (if they really want they can have something tiny like the Capitol TV teasers with Insurgent, then bring out the big teaser with A2) followed by main/theatrical trailer in July at SDCC (they better do a proper panel with maybe an extended trailer/exclusive footage?), then final trailer October 29, same as always, in time for Bond 24.

Having seen MJ1 I see why the trailer campaign was so tame this year...now they need to start and end with a bang.

Edited by antovolk

Uh-oh. I've just realized in full a painful truth, spoilers about Part 2..

Old Peeta never truly returns does he? Yes Peeta remembers things, which is so wonderful, I'm going to cry when that happens in Part 2 and he loves Katniss so much just like the Old Peeta which is just so extraordinary imo from re-reading it again, and various other interpretations, what people have said this and that, the Old Peeta is really dead?

:( Peeta's still alive inside, just not the same person right? But oh man, this hurts badly.. Don't get me wrong, I think the way Collins ended the book was just right it was pretty darn realistic on many levels, where it's not exactly what you call a happy ending but it's a great one imo..It makes all the sense for Peeta to be horribly changed by the Capitol, but the fact he's not the same person, is almost saying him in the first two films, and throughout the first part of Mockingjay where he did everything he could to prevent war, even breaking down trying to save Katniss and the others..that Peeta I'll miss the most. But in a way as it all ends Peeta's disfigured more in a symbolic sense and it truly shows that Katniss loves him for who he is, even if the man she loves is really gone. NOOOO PEEEETTTAAA COME BACKKK..

Now I'm thinking when he strangled her that obviously wasn't the Peeta we knew, but the broken Peeta who's scared and the poor darling has been broken down. So Peeta is still Peeta, just not exactly the same man Katniss fell in love with. Why can't I not compute this? Lol

If anyone else could give a little hindsight in this.. That would be so much appreciated..

Another Part 2 spoiler..

Also at the end when he asks her "You love me. Real or not real?" Is his mind still disabled in that way where he has to ask her things, to sort it out? I'm asking if he's kind of at the same stage where he also had to ask her much before this ofc, "You're still trying to protect me. Real or not real" Obviously he's improved much by the end of this, I would think..hmm..   Or..is the last line more a play on words to clarify?

Thanks again :)

Edited by EverStar

Here is a personal wish..

*Spoilers for MJ2, Part 2*

I hope they go into more detail how Peeta and Katniss grow back together..personally I know some love, dislike and some are mixed with the ending. I personally love it. It's kinda bittersweet but after what's happened to Peeta and Katniss it makes sense. It's not necessarily what you'd call a happy ending, but I think it's a realistic one that I applaud.

What did you guys think of the ending?

I think a lot of Peeta's mental state is left ambiguous and up to the readers to decide for themselves on what happens, but the epilogue always says that he still wakes up thrashing and what not, indicating that although his bond with Katniss is returning and that he is slowly figuring out his memories, he still has mini episodes back to his hjacking and that he'll probably never be the same again.

My take on it is that it's still the same Peeta - it always has been, it's just that his memories of Katniss were distorted. He was 'hjacked' to hate and kill Katniss, but in essence, it's still the same Peeta. And by the end of the series, because he is still the same Peeta, he learns to love Katniss again. Because Peeta loved Katniss for who she was, so even if you had taken away his memories of her, he would still begin to love her again.