Olive

Fast & Furious 7 | 1165.6m overseas | 1518.6m Worldwide | Crosses $1.5 Billion Worldwide / 3m from passing The Avengers WW total!

If China increases to let's say, $500m, I do not see it so clear.

The Chinese economic growth is slowing quite dramatically, the BO will have the same fate, you need to understand the huge growth over 20% will end soon. That won't be that easy.

• Like 1

From Boxoffice.con:

Furious 7 became the third film in history to cross the $1 billion mark overseas this weekend after Avatar ($2.027 billion) and Titanic ($1.528 billion). Combined with an estimated $320.5 million domestic cume, Furious 7 is now the 5th highest grossing film in history with a global tally of $1.322 billion. Chinese moviegoers have helped this latest installment (an 8th was just announced for an April 2017 release) become the highest grossing film in its box office history, racing past Transformers: Age of Extinction’s $319 million this weekend for an estimated total of $323 million. China’s BO total has also outgunned the North American cume, not unheard of for films that flop domestically yet shine in China, but astonishing in the fact that Furious 7 was considered a runaway success in both countries.

• Like 3

"But while China gets the most attention, we did $200 million in Latin America, $25 million in India, $26 million in Taiwan." As reported above, Fast & Furious 7 used a $69.7m fourth session from 67 territories to reach $1.001bn and in so doing become the third film to cross the milestone at the international box office behind Avatar on $2.027bn and Titanic on $1.528bn. The $1.322bn worldwide box office means Fast & Furious 7 ranks fifth behind Avatar on $2.8bn, Titanic on $2.2bn, The Avengers on $1.5bn and Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 on $1.341bn. The action hit became the biggest release ever in China on $323m after 15 days, overtaking the previous $319m mark set by Transformers 4. Elsewhere the UK has generated $51.7m, Mexico $49.4m, Brazil $39.7m, Germany $35.2m, Russia $31m, Australia $30.8m, France $29.4m, Venezuela $25.2m, India $24.8m Taiwan $24.8m, South Korea $23.5m, Argentina $22.9m, Italy $19.6m and the Middle East $19.5m. Fast & Furious 7 ranks as the highest grossing film of all films all time in Indonesia, Malaysia, United Arab Emirates and Vietnam. It is already Universal’s highest grossing film of all time in 37 territories, among them China, Australia, Russia, Brazil, Mexico and Argentina.

• Like 6

it looks like FF7 dropped just 54% OS sans China with 36m weekend, . Nice hold

History shows a better hold the weekend after a big release

with Japan throwing in its usual legs I am thinking 70m more OS +  50m China unless holiday really bumps it +75m and 30-40m Dom. Nice hold this weekend, will take a hit next weekend but will hold tight the following.

1.47B- 1.5b total going to fall short of HP unless some serious late legs grow in many places

No chance of that IMO.

Why not? It isn't going to feature a dead actor next time around unless they decided to bring back Paul's brother and CG his face so Brian could return. People seem to forget that FF7 didn't explode because of the strength of the franchise itself. Before PW's death nobody expected FF7 to reach 1b WW let alone 1b OS.

Why not? It isn't going to feature a dead actor next time around unless they decided to bring back Paul's brother and CG his face so Brian could return. People seem to forget that FF7 didn't explode because of the strength of the franchise itself. Before PW's death nobody expected FF7 to reach 1b WW let alone 1b OS.

Doesnt matter, it Fast 8 is locked to increase from Fast 7.

F8 should at least stay flat in China.

I doubt it. And it'd be lucky to stay flat anywhere else. Casual fans who saw the movie "for Paul" might not come back this time around and those who'd seen it more than once just for the 'ending' would have no reason to do it again.

I doubt it. And it'd be lucky to stay flat anywhere else. Casual fans who saw the movie "for Paul" might not come back this time around and those who'd seen it more than once just for the 'ending' would have no reason to do it again.

In 2017, #1 movie in China will  be $500M+, stay flat from its previous movie in China means a drop in other markets.

• Like 1

It seems to me that the death of Paul Walker
not so great box office success factor
how are all it seems.
As much as I wish that died :( 

In fact, it turns out as F8 will be released

In 2017, #1 movie in China will  be $500M+, stay flat from its previous movie in China means a drop in other markets.

I'm still not sold on the real strength of FF franchise in China. FF7 seems like a perfect storm to me to be used as an accurate indicator. FF6 couldn't even crack 100m in 2013.