Dumb and Dumber To (2014)

24 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

There was nothing funny happening for the majority of the film. For the first 10 minutes I got excited and felt nostalgic and I couldn't wait for the big laughs that myself and the audience would be enjoying. 1h 50m later everyone got out of their seat and exited as though it all never happened.

They went full retard. You never do that.

The Farrelly Bros. rely on the original formula to draw up the new script and it was hit, miss, hit, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, almost hit, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, the end.

The audience was a good barometer on how I felt. A sporadic 'HA!' every 5-10 minutes from one part of the theater or another. Nobody laughing in unison.

The digital era doesn't help one bit.

Nothing redeemable here.

• Like 1

There was nothing funny happening for the majority of the film. For the first 10 minutes I got excited and felt nostalgic and I couldn't wait for the big laughs that myself and the audience would be enjoying. 1h 50m later everyone got out of their seat and exited as though it all never happened.

They went full retard. You never do that.

The Farrelly Bros. rely on the original formula to draw up the new script and it was hit, miss, hit, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, almost hit, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, the end.

The audience was a good barometer on how I felt. A sporadic 'HA!' every 5-10 minutes from one part of the theater or another. Nobody laughing in unison.

The digital era doesn't help one bit.

Nothing redeemable here.

wow-cool.gif

• Like 1

It started off well enough but it wears out its welcome by the end. There were some big laughs, mostly in the middle but the last 30 minutes were running on fumes. The performances were also enjoyable too but they can't save the weak script. They tried way too hard at parts, with the green radiation stuff, Lloyd's dream, the Zamboni and Lloyd and Harry not knowing how to actually have sex. Like seriously I don't care how stupid they are, they would at least be able to figure that one out. Also the diaper changing scenes were just flat out gross unfunny and completely unecassary .

I'll give it a C, it's not good by any standard but considering everything it could have been much worse

It started off well enough but it wears out its welcome by the end. There were some big laughs, mostly in the middle but the last 30 minutes were running on fumes. The performances were also enjoyable too but they can't save the weak script. They tried way too hard at parts, with the green radiation stuff, Lloyd's dream, the Zamboni and Lloyd and Harry not knowing how to actually have sex. Like seriously I don't care how stupid they are, they would at least be able to figure that one out. Also the diaper changing scenes were just flat out gross unfunny and completely unecassary .

I'll give it a C, it's not good by any standard but considering everything it could have been much worse

Yes, the intelligence of each character was inconsistent. Jeff Daniels was teaching Jim Carrey how to read in the first movie, this move, Jim Carrey was teaching Jeff Daniels how to say "subtle" properly. Jim Carrey was also pretty good with a smartphone, knowing to get higher ... knowing how to put his own wallpaper in the daughters phone and have his phone number programed in there.

Yes, the intelligence of each character was inconsistent. Jeff Daniels was teaching Jim Carrey how to read in the first movie, this move, Jim Carrey was teaching Jeff Daniels how to say "subtle" properly. Jim Carrey was also pretty good with a smartphone, knowing to get higher ... knowing how to put his own wallpaper in the daughters phone and have his phone number programed in there.

Because it takes a genius to use a smartphone...

Hawking can't so....

I saw it twice. It's hard to top the origin which I consider one if the funniest films of all time. Thankfully This is no Hangover 2. It's much like anchorman 2 in most respects. It's not as funny, but is consistently funny with many huge laughs. Most importantly Carrey and Daniels still have amazing chemistry and remind us why this duo was so beloved. It's a real treat to see Carrey do comedy again, he really rises above the script and shows why he was a comedy Titan. Basically for a lot of us, your sense of humor will change over 20 years. Would Billy Madison be as beloved if it came out today? I can't say but if you did enjoy the first you owe it to yourself. I laughed a lot, and my audience filled with a very diverse crowd seemed to enjoy it a lot.

B+ / A- for now

• Like 3

I actually liked this movie. Is it as good as the original? Yes but is it better than the original of course not really this movie is a trip down to memory lane with Harry and Lloyd and I liked the humor in this as well overall a funny sequel great to see Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels back together again. Grade:B

This is something that worked really great in the 90s and now it simply can't be replicated. I felt sad when they showed the scenes from the original in the end-credits.

However, I did laugh quite a bit and Carrey and Daniels have great chemistry so I can't say it wasn't okay, but it was something I could have lived without.

6/10