Horrible Bosses 2 (2014)

15 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Saw this yesterday and I really liked it. Is it a good movie, probably not. However, it made my laugh a lot, so I don't care. I was laughing most of the movie and at some points I was dying laughing. The best is when all 3 are trying to do Southern accents and they are horrible. All the 3 main guys have such great chemistry. Charlie Day is the funniest in the movie, but Sudiekis was really funny too. Bateman plays a good straight man against them once again. Pine was good to I thought.

With that said, I can totally see why it is getting mostly bad reviews. It has some pretty low humor and the plot is not great. Still, at the end of the day when I go and see a comedy I want to laugh. Horrible Bosses 2 made me laugh a lot, so I was satisfied with it. It might even be my favorite comedy of the year. Oh, I would say it is only slightly worse than the first.

I would give it an......

A(94)

Edited by Empire
  • Like 3

Horrible Bosses 2: I went into this film thinking the worst but hoping for the best and the film starts out great. The problem comes about 35 minutes when the film just dies off. It has some funny moments but none that are big gut busters. The chemistry between Jason Bateman, Charlie Day, and Jason Sudeikis is what really keeps this film from just being a big stinker. If Kevin Spacy wasn't shown in the trailer, I think his part would of been a lot funnier. Christoph Waltz's character could of been played by anybody. A lot of the jokes felt kind of forced. Considering how much I love the first film, the sequel is just a big disappointment and goes in the category of sequels that really didn't need to be made. I really do hope though that they put Bateman, Day, and Sudeikis in a different movie together, they really work well together.

Grade: C

• Like 2

While not as good a movie as the first, it's still just as funny as the first.  The cast is excellent and they play off each other really well.  It was missing some of the charm of the first so I can't give it as high a mark, but it's still a very funny movie.  

7.5/10

• Like 4

Yeah the plot is so fucking unrealistic but this movie is genuinely hilarious. The three main guys are great and all the supporting players get a moment to shine, especially Aniston who just kills me every time she pops up in this. The car chase scene when they are waiting for the train to pass had me laughing for a whole minute.

8/10

• Like 2

A very weak sequel. With a very weak plot and script, that drags a lot being unfunny most of the time. The starring trio try their best but they don't have much to work with and the 2 returning bosses obviously don't belong in the plot and add nothing. Waltz was bored and had nothing to do either. At least Pine tried.

• Like 1

A very weak sequel. With a very weak plot and script, that drags a lot being unfunny most of the time. The starring trio try their best but they don't have much to work with and the 2 returning bosses obviously don't belong in the plot and add nothing. Waltz was bored and had nothing to do either. At least Pine tried.

Starting to think you are like Gopher, you hate movies.  :)

Starting to think you are like Gopher, you hate movies.   :)

Oh you know that's not true! :)

Hell i like Hangover 2 and Alien:Ressurection as far as unpopular (even hated at times)  sequels go!

But this just didn't work for me at all. And i like the first one.