A Marvel Fanboy

Dreamworks Animation: What Went Wrong?

KFP2 flopping on DVD is probably the nail in the coffin for a KFP3. Maybe if they bothered marketing KFP2, then they wouldn't be in this situation. Puss in Boots, on the other hand, is probably game for a sequel- keeping the Shrek franchise alive is good enough incentive on top of its strong DVD/overseas performance. I would worry about Madagascar 3 (very tight window between its release and Brave, plus it's a sequel no one really asked for) and Rise of the Guardians (another tight window between it and Christmas, since it's a holiday-themed movie) if I were them.

• Like 1

^ It's too bad for DW Dragon wasn't this year, that would have crushed all the others and won easily.

Really bad timing for DW since PIXAR will be back with a vengence next year with Brave.Kinda glad DW was so weak this year since that meant Rango won, I really love that movie. I'm also a fan of the Pirates trilogy and was glad that Gore Verbinski got an Oscar too.

Really bad timing for DW since PIXAR will be back with a vengence next year with Brave.Kinda glad DW was so weak this year since that meant Rango won, I really love that movie. I'm also a fan of the Pirates trilogy and was glad that Gore Verbinski got an Oscar too.

Frankenweenie ftw

<p> </p><h2 class="entry-title"> <a class="entry-title-link" href="http://www.deadline.com/2012/02/dreamworks-animation-shares-hammered-amid-growing-concerns-about-2012/" target="_blank">DreamWorks Animation Shares Hammered Amid Growing Concerns About 2012</a></h2>

Edited by firedeep