Olive

Tuesday night numbers: HOBBIT 3 - $11.2M

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/hobbit-the-battle-of-the-five-armies-earns-strong-11-2-million-at-late-night-box-office-1201381577/

“The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies” marched into theaters Tuesday night, picking up a formidable $11.2 million in pre-shows.

Edited by Sorcerer Supreme
  • Like 7

The important part:

"That outstrips the previous film in the series,” The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug,” which made $8.8 million in pre-shows, though it falls short of the first installment,”The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” which roped in $13 million."

The important part:

"That outstrips the previous film in the series,” The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug,” which made $8.8 million in pre-shows, though it falls short of the first installment,”The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” which roped in $13 million."

Though this is a midweek launch compared to the Friday openings if the first two

• Like 1

What Variety is reporting doesn't make sense to me. They are saying $75 million 5 day is the best of the series, but it wouldn't be since the others made that over a 3 day. Do they actually mean $75 million for the weekend only?

• Like 1

Considering its a Tuesday and that 3D % has likely gone down with each subsequent release, 11.2M would be the strongest preview number of the three IMO, if it is correct.

What about cheap Tuesday?  I know it's huge in Canada, that might have made the numbers jump a little, perhaps?

• Like 3

What Variety is reporting doesn't make sense to me. They are saying $75 million 5 day is the best of the series, but it wouldn't be since the others made that over a 3 day. Do they actually mean $75 million for the weekend only?

It's for the 5day. They've simply not updated that prediction after this preview number...

• Like 1