Blankments

2015 100M Films - 29 down, 7 to go (Leo Bears the Blockbuster Burden!)

Alright, it's looking like 2014 won't beat 2013's record, but how about 2015? Discuss here!

1. The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water
  2. Fifty Shades of Grey
  3. Kingsman: The Secret Service
  4. Cinderella
  5. Furious 7
  6. The Divergent Series: Insurgent
  7. Home
  8. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  9. Pitch Perfect 2
  10. Mad Max: Fury Road
  11. San Andreas
  12. Jurassic World
  13. Inside Out
  14. Spy
  15. Minions
  16. Ant-Man
  17. Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation
  18. Trainwreck
  19. Straight Outta Compton
  20. Hotel Transylvania 2
  21. The Martian
  22. Spectre
  23. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2
  24. The Peanuts Movie
  25. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
  26. The Good Dinosaur
  27. Creed
  28. Daddy's Home
  29. The Revenant
Edited by Blankments
  • Like 4

Despite I still don't know anything about so many movies, I already have 31 films reaching the mark. The record will be broken for sure

SURE THINGS (18 FILMS)

50 shades of Grey

Insurgent

Home

Furious 7

Avengers 2

San Andreas

Jurassic World

Inside Out

Ted 2

Terminator: Genisys

Minions

Ant-Man

Fantastic Four

Spectre

Hunger Games finale

The good Dinosaur

Star Wars 7

Mission Impossible 5

WITH ENOUGH CHANCES (13 FILMS WITH GREAT CHANCES IMHO)

Taken3

The wedding ringer

Focus

Chapie

Cinderella

In the heart of the sea

Get Hard

Spongebob

Pitch perfect 2

Spy

Tomorrowland

Monster trucks

B.O.O.

Magic Mike XXL

Trainwreck

Pan

Pixels

The man from UNCLE

Maze Runner 2

Hotel Transylvania 2

London has fallen

The walk

The jungle book

Spielberg cold war film

Peanuts

The Martian

Joy

Alvin 4

Given the star, the theme, the trailer and the release schedule, I can't see Sant Andreas grossing less than 100M. Also, Terminator has a strong release date and the return of Arnold. It really would have to be an absolute abomination to miss 100M IMHO

Cinderella was an almost lock for me. A matter of gut. I can still see it grossing less than 100M.

Crimson Peak is a horror film. It really would need to surprise to reach 100M. I'm looking forward Everest, but an opening in mid September will prevent it to reach 100M.

• Like 1

Given the star, the theme, the trailer and the release schedule, I can't see Sant Andreas grossing less than 100M. Also, Terminator has a strong release date and the return of Arnold. It really would have to be an absolute abomination to miss 100M IMHO

Cinderella was an almost lock for me. A matter of gut. I can still see it grossing less than 100M.

Crimson Peak is a horror film. It really would need to surprise to reach 100M. I'm looking forward Everest, but an opening in mid September will prevent it to reach 100M.

Avengers 2, Mad Max 4 and Tomorrowland the weeks before.

Jurassic World two weeks later.

No way San Andreas does more than $75 million. WB's in for a bomb of a summer. San Andreas, Pan, Mad Max 4, Magic Mike XXL, Point Break, Man from UNCLE. I could see all of those missing $100 million. 

Cinderella is a lock... you'd be foolish to say otherwise. The lowest-grossing live-action fairy tale Disney has done is Oz with $234 million. It's more likely to do $250 million than gross less than $100 million. 

SpongeBob 2, Pitch Perfect 2, The Jungle Book, Get Hard and Taken 3 will gross $100 million before Home does  :lol:

Also I'd add Vacation to the $100 million contenders list. Somehow, I see it playing really well in Middle America. With no comedy competition until Nov 25, it could be in for a leggy run. 

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 1

The year looks like it can be the new because two in January have potential(Taken 3, Wedding Ringer),at least one in February(50 Shades Of Grey),three in March(Cinderalla, Insurgent, Get Hard), One in April(Furious 7), five in may(Avengers 2,Spy,Pitch Perfect 2,Mad Max:Fury Road, Tomorrowland),three in June(Jurassic World,Inside Out,and Ted 2),six in July(Terminator:Genisys, Magic Mike XXL, Minions,Ant-Man,Trainwreck,Pan),One in August(Fantastic Four),Two in September(Maze Runner 2,Hotel Transylvania 2),Four in October(The Walk, Jungle Book,Vacation, and Crimson Peak),Five in November(Spectre,Peanuts,Mockingjay Part 2,Good Dinosaur,Seth Rogen Christmas Comedy),and Five in December(Star Wars,Sisters,Joy,Mission Impossible 5,Alvin And The Chipmunks 4). Total:38 movies

Well DAJK said Maleficent.

... What? Yes he said Maleficent and you said b

It doesn't have Jolie. He said OZ didn't have Jolie. Basically the point is Cinderella doesn't (necessarily) need a cast that can match Maleficent in drawing power.

• Like 1

... What? Yes he said Maleficent and you said b

It doesn't have Jolie. He said OZ didn't have Jolie. Basically the point is Cinderella doesn't (necessarily) need a cast that can match Maleficent in drawing power.

Are you trolling? What is b?

Agreed. The potential for this is massive. If Maleficent can do 240...

Said if Maleficent, there is no Oz.

Doesn't have a cast that matches, no Jolie.

• Like 1