BenedictL11

American Sniper OS Thread

Many people in twitter wants to know when the largest theater chain in the country is going to release the movie

I know my country is VERY small but can be an indicator of how big the movie is going to be in Latinamerica

It had a decent opening in Argentina (2nd behind Penguins) ($0.55m OW) and in Uruguay (2nd by a small margin behind the great french comedy QU EST CE QU ON A FAIT AU BON DIEU)

Also it was released in Peru 2 weeks ago but it did pretty bad there (around $0.4m in 2 weeks)

I can't wait to see it here in Spain, everybody is waiting for it! We love Clint Eastwood's movies ;)

• Like 1

Sharp-shooter American Sniper is now in 30 offshore markets — 40% of its overseas footprint — with a cume of $67.3M. That’s down to an extra $11.1M this frame from over 2,300 screens. Colombia debuted to an estimated gross of $595K on 65 screens, and, in keeping with many other markets, has become Eastwood’s biggest film ever there. In notable holdovers, Australia held at No. 1 with a $9.3M total to date and the UK’s 3rd frame was worth $2.4M on 527 screens for a $14M cume. That pushes it past Gran Torino as Eastwood’s No. 1 movie of all time.

http://deadline.com/2015/02/spongebob-project-almanac-american-sniper-running-man-kingsman-boonie-international-box-office-1201364177/

• Like 1