Fullbuster

European Union Box Office : 994 million tickets sold in 2016!

+2% in terms of economic growth and hundreds of thousands of jobs will be created, Spain is clearly back thanks to all their reforms, 2015 will be very good indeed, an economic growth twice faster than in France and 33% higher than in Germany :)

If Greece had followed Spain's example it would be in a much better situation right now ;)

Nobody tells that those new jobs are shameful. Before crisis, a normal salary was about 1,000 euros per month. Today, we are talking about 600-700 euros. It is not the same. I do not care too much about big numbers. It is a good barometer to sell news. But the reality tells you that even with if you get a job, you maybe can not survive. The reforms you mention imply worse education, health care system (before crisis it was considered one of the best in the world), worse justice access (there are incredible taxes). We will never get back to 2007. We lived very good thanks to excesive credit, but there was not real growth. This year we have several elections: for majors, regions and general elections. There is a new party, Podemos (literally means "we can"), which is favorite to win everywhere. It could be a similar situation to Greece, with Syriza. Yesterday, in Madrid, about 250,000 or 300,000 people were on the streets supporting that new party... People are not happy. Things are quite far to be solved.

Nobody tells that those new jobs are shameful. Before crisis, a normal salary was about 1,000 euros per month. Today, we are talking about 600-700 euros. It is not the same. I do not care too much about big numbers. It is a good barometer to sell news. But the reality tells you that even with if you get a job, you maybe can not survive. The reforms you mention imply worse education, health care system (before crisis it was considered one of the best in the world), worse justice access (there are incredible taxes). We will never get back to 2007. We lived very good thanks to excesive credit, but there was not real growth. This year we have several elections: for majors, regions and general elections. There is a new party, Podemos (literally means "we can"), which is favorite to win everywhere. It could be a similar situation to Greece, with Syriza. Yesterday, in Madrid, about 250,000 or 300,000 people were on the streets supporting that new party... People are not happy. Things are quite far to be solved.

These jobs are not shameful, after an economic crisis low-paid jobs are always the first ones to come back because they are the easiest to create and the less costly as well.  It was the same in the US, it is the same in the UK and it can't be avoided in Spain because this economy is very reliant on services where most of low-paid jobs are.

These reforms, you can criticize them as much as you want, but all countries that had these problems (Canada, Sweden, Germany..) only came back after the implementation of structural reforms. You talk about Syriza, but this "thing" is only a fairy tale, every country that tried to get out of a crisis this way lamentably failed a few years later, far-left policies never worked, and that won't work in countries like Spain or Greece, it even failed in a oil-rich country like Venezuela. Podemos would be a real disaster for Spain like Syriza will be a disaster for Greece.

These parties tell you you don't have to make any efforts, you just have to throw magical money you don't have in the economy and everyone will be happy again. People believing in that are very naive or incredibly lazy, or both. There is no easy way in the real world, when you made mistakes you need to suffer to make it back most of the time. Spain is clearly back and is an example of what's need to be done, if you try to waste this you will just have your eyes to cry. Greece seems doomed already with the investors stopping investing there and banks out of money. It really helped people, in just a few days it worsened the situation lol

Look at Venezuela and Argentina, it will be a good reality check.

Edited by Koro Sensei

These jobs are not shameful, after an economic crisis low-paid jobs are always the first ones to come back because they are the easiest to create and the less costly as well. It was the same in the US, it is the same in the UK and it can't be avoided in Spain because this economy is very reliant on services where most of low-paid jobs are.

These reforms, you can criticize them as much as you want, but all countries that had these problems (Canada, Sweden, Germany..) only came back after the implementation of structural reforms. You talk about Syriza, but this "thing" is only a fairy tale, every country that tried to get out of a crisis this way lamentably failed a few years later, far-left policies never worked, and that won't work in countries like Spain or Greece, it even failed in a oil-rich country like Venezuela. Podemos would be a real disaster for Spain like Syriza will be a disaster for Greece.

These parties tell you you don't have to make any efforts, you just have to throw magical money you don't have in the economy and everyone will be happy again. People believing in that are very naive or incredibly lazy, or both. There is no easy way in the real world, when you made mistakes you need to suffer to make it back most of the time. Spain is clearly back and is an example of what's need to be done, if you try to waste this you will just have your eyes to cry. Greece seems doomed already with the investors stopping investing there and banks out of money. It really helped people, in just a few days it worsened the situation lol

Look at Venezuela and Argentina, it will be a good reality check.

600-700 euros of salaries with 400-500 of rentings but everything goes right. LOL. Meanwhile, the shit people who lead us where we are, leading the government. There are rumors that even the current prime minister stole money. And that kind of people are who tell us that we have to make more efforts... it is a joke. We are already like Venezuela or Cuba. The difference is that the government wear a suit instead sport clothes like Castro or Chavez. I am embarrased of being Spanish right now. You should take a look to the news programs in the public TV channel and you will see what is manipulation about the reality. I listen EVERY FUCKING DAY that big enterprises earn lots of money, without paying taxes, but salaries must keep falling. It is crazy. It is estimated that in 2050, Spanish population could be lower than 30 million, with half of them being not productive people: too old people. The well formed people are leaving Spain and logically they do not plan to come back. This will be a country of old people and tourism. A depressed and ruined country. And that thanks to "the correct way of doing things". Every economist you ask already asume that the 20-25% of unemployment is here to stay. Spain was well before because we built more houses than France, Italy and UK combined. That was the Spanish "miracle". And that business will not be back again. If that is my future, I prefer to try another thing. Edited by peludo

I can see it doing better in France than TA1, I don't know about the other markets though

Agreed. Hobbit 3 is doing better in dollars than DOS in France in spite of worse exchange rates. TA2 can increase easily. In fact, I think it has a good room of growth in whole Europe, since first part was not so big as in other places Edited by peludo
  • Like 1

Agreed. Hobbit 3 is doing better in dollars than DOS in France in spite of worse exchange rates. TA2 can increase easily. In fact, I think it has a good room of growth in whole Europe, since first part was not so big as in other places

Indeed, the only problem : exchange rates, but with a good growth in admissions it can improve in all the EU.

1000 euros per month before crisis? Are you sure? Here in italy, now, is about 1300. And no, we are not passing a good moment at all.

Anyway, I think Fifty shadows will smash EU Box office. 

• Like 1

1000 euros per month before crisis? Are you sure? Here in italy, now, is about 1300. And no, we are not passing a good moment at all.

Hey! A new guy from Italy! Welcome ^^

• Like 1

I am pretty sure. In 2006, when I was looking for a job, the offers were about 15,000 and 18,000 per year, salaries that excluding taxes, were about 900-1,000 euros per month. Of course, there were bigger salaries. Average salary was about 22,000 euros per year, what it is nearly 1,200 euros per month. But today to get that is a chimera.

And today we have known unemployment data. 200,000 jobs have been destroyed during January...

Talking about 50 shades, it is going to be very big. At least, presales here are very huge.

• Like 1

1300 euros? Wow! I am moving to Italy ;)

Well, that's not so much.

I am pretty sure. In 2006, when I was looking for a job, the offers were about 15,000 and 18,000 per year, salaries that excluding taxes, were about 900-1,000 euros per month. Of course, there were bigger salaries. Average salary was about 22,000 euros per year, what it is nearly 1,200 euros per month. But today to get that is a chimera.

And today we have known unemployment data. 200,000 jobs have been destroyed during January...

Talking about 50 shades, it is going to be very big. At least, presales here are very huge.

Here it's a bit different, I guess. State workers are very well paid (also more than 1300-1400) and, if you are one of them there is simply no chance that you get fired. As of the others, they work for something like 1000-1100 per month, which if you live in the northen part of Italy are not so much, because life is expensive. 

If I go back six-seven years, our unemployement rate was much lower than it is now (12% in 2014). In Spain, correct me if I'm wrong, it's 26% more or less.

Obviously the whole thing negatively influence Box Office.

Well, that's not so much.

Here it's a bit different, I guess. State workers are very well paid (also more than 1300-1400) and, if you are one of them there is simply no chance that you get fired. As of the others, they work for something like 1000-1100 per month, which if you live in the northen part of Italy are not so much, because life is expensive. 

If I go back six-seven years, our unemployement rate was much lower than it is now (12% in 2014). In Spain, correct me if I'm wrong, it's 26% more or less.

Obviously the whole thing negatively influence Box Office.

You are right. It is twenty something percent. But I think it is very high in the country side and not so high in the cities. Actually nowadays I don't know any jobless person and 2 years ago there were many of my friend looking for a job. That's why I think things are getting better. The bar were I work is always very very busy and all my colleagues earn more than €1200 per month working 40 hours a week.

Unemployment it is about 24%. Salaries can be about 1,000 or 1,200, but that is not the most. Many people live with contracts by hours: 2 hours today, maybe tomorrow I call you, do not make plans,... Much employment it is created is shameful. And of course by very few money. You can go to Andalusia, southern region, where live 9 million people and where unemployment is about 35%. And let's remember that young people is leaving the country. With the emigration, government is getting that unemployment numbers can go down because those people abandon the official lists, but I do not see a better situation.

Unemployment it is about 24%. Salaries can be about 1,000 or 1,200, but that is not the most. Many people live with contracts by hours: 2 hours today, maybe tomorrow I call you, do not make plans,... Much employment it is created is shameful. And of course by very few money. You can go to Andalusia, southern region, where live 9 million people and where unemployment is about 35%. And let's remember that young people is leaving the country. With the emigration, government is getting that unemployment numbers can go down because those people abandon the official lists, but I do not see a better situation.

It's not difficult to see spanish students here, in international University.

• Like 1

You are right. Now I have friends living in London, Paris, Dublin, Brussels, even in South America. Maybe that's why nowadays I don't have any jobless friend. Because they left the country. I didn't think about that

• Like 1

You are right. Now I have friends living in London, Paris, Dublin, Brussels, even in South America. Maybe that's why nowadays I don't have any jobless friend. Because they left the country. I didn't think about that

That is the sad reality :(

You must not see this as a bad thing, living and working abroad can bring a lot of benefits to your life.