Chappie
March 7, 7:35 PM, 40% full
Portage 16 IMAX, Portage, IN

Trailers
Mad Max: Fury Road
Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 - some laughs
Terminator Genisys
Aloha

Some laughs throughout, but it was always pretty light. An eight-year-old kid applauded the ending, and I heard someone when leaving say "Yeah, it was definitely Blomkamp's weakest piece." I respectively disagree.
  • Like 1

Coon Rapids AMC

Kingsman:

5:00 PM

Trailers

Ant-Man

Fantastic Four

Paul Bart: Mall Cop 2

(There was about two more trailers about I can't remember them) 

I really enjoyed Kingsman. The had great action sequence and visually pleasing. 

Cinderella
March 12, 7:00 PM, 40% full
Portage 16 IMAX, Portage, IN

Trailers
Pan
Home - laughs
Tomorrowland
Minions - laughs

Frozen Fever - Some laughs during it.

People laughed at funny moments, but a kid also said something really stupid at one point. I actually don't think any of the young kids liked it to be honest. Oh well, I clapped at the end.

It Follows
March 30, 7:45 PM, 5% full
University Place 8, Carbondale, IL

Trailers
Ex Machina
Mad Max: Fury Road
Unfriended - laughs at the beginning
Before I Wake
Insidious Chapter 3
Poltergeist
No Escape

Great movie, but the audience was dead more because of size. There was a jump scare that got plenty of people excited though.
Edited by Blankments
  • Like 1

Furious 7
April 2, 7:00 PM, 95% full
Carbondale 8, Carbondale, IL

Trailers
Southpaw
The Transporter Refueled
The Gift - some groans
Spectre - murmurs
Spy - lots of laughs
Mission: Impossible - Rogue Mission - murmurs
Ted 2 - few laughs
Straight Outta Compton

Fantastic film, but what a disappointing audience. Don't get me wrong; there was laughing throughout and about half the audience (myself included) broke down crying at the end, but there was no cheering and no applause at all. Was hoping for something more enthusiastic. Oh well.
Edited by Blankments

^ What a bunch of underwhelming trailers you got stuck with. I really hope I dont get Spectre. Not hating on rhe movie, there was just NOTHING in the trailer but voice over. I'd rather have something like San Andreas instead. Also hope I get Ted 2, I want see how the audience reacts.

So basically, I can do without the first 4.

^ What a bunch of underwhelming trailers you got stuck with. I really hope I dont get Spectre. Not hating on rhe movie, there was just NOTHING in the trailer but voice over. I'd rather have something like San Andreas instead. Also hope I get Ted 2, I want see how the audience reacts.

So basically, I can do without the first 4.

Unfortunately I think SPECTRE is the one that will definitely be everywhere. It's a dull trailer.

Audience really didn't laugh much with Ted 2 though. Spy got the most laughs; I missed a lot of the lines thanks to people laughing so far. M:I5 got the best action reaction with people laughing in a good sense (like laughing at parachuting cars in Furious 7) at the plane stuff.

• Like 1

I'm seeing Furious 7 tonight; I really hope that they've got all the main summer blockbuster trailers in front of it. The theater closest to me is a Cinemark and it always seems like they have a random assortment of trailers, and very few at that.

And I'm really eager to see the new Mad Max: Fury Road trailer on the big screen. :D

Edited by Jason Bacon

I'm seeing Furious 7 tonight; I really hope that they've got all the main summer blockbuster trailers in front of it. 

lol good luck. Seems most everyone has been getting random horror crap, actionless Spectre, and Ted.

Home
April 7, 4:30 PM, 5% full (two other families were there, I went alone #awk)
Universtiy Place 8, Carbondale, IL

Trailers - no reactions, but sometimes kids yelled out. I'll post what they said on the ones I heard them yell.
Underdogs
Inside Out - "Did you see madness? His hair was on fire, that's funny!"
Pan
Minions - "I liked those piggies."
Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
The Peanuts Movie - "That looks funny, but we can't see it because it's in 3D."

This audience was dead. I chuckled a few times, but when the biggest reaction you get is from a trailer, the film is disappointing in comparison.
  • Like 1

'Kingsman: The Secret Service'

10:15 pm

Tuesday 4-7-15

Regal Medina Stadium 16

Medina, Ohio

I finally went and saw this last night, on Discount Tuesday for $5.50. I was literally the only person in the showing lol.

Incredible movie, one of my all time favorite films. The lead actor, OMG. I was swooning, and he's a great actor. I wish I has seen this upon release like I wanted to. I would have LOVED to see and hear the audience reaction to the "asshole" line.

Furious 7
April 14, 5:00 PM, 5% full
University Place 8, Carbondale, IL

Trailers
Southpaw
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
San Andreas
Mission: Impossible - Rogue Mission
Ted 2
Straight Outta Compton

Very good again, but even though it was a much smaller crowd, it was a lot louder, thanks to an obnoxious person screaming "OH SHIT" and "OH NO" the whole movie <____<