Pypa94

Poland Box Office | Avatar: The Way of Water is HUGE

That's fantastic! Let's hope this market will continue to grow :) I want The Avengers 2 to be HUGE there :P

Remember that comicbook movies tend to do worse in Poland than in western countries (ffs some X-men movies did worse than the host). They are growing after Avengers but I say they do 700k-1m depending on the film and the competition.

hmm I will be glad to hear that AOU breaks 1M adm :D it will be nice surprise.

Iron Man 3 had 201k opening about 65k more than TA and Avengers are more popular than one Iron Man.

I guess OW close to 250k-275k is reasonable (maybe more than 300k, that will be huge) and cume over 1m adm if follow TA

500k it will break in 2nd weekend :D 

what do U think chimpo, norbar?

• Like 1

Remember that comicbook movies tend to do worse in Poland than in western countries (ffs some X-men movies did worse than the host). They are growing after Avengers but I say they do 700k-1m depending on the film and the competition.

Well; like everywhere in the world it's a brand in progress so that can change :)

and dont have numbers for LOTR

thanks can you also give me the admissions for LOTR  movies, and Hunger Games if you have access to them thanks?

but Katniss yes

MJ1 estimates about 750k (few days for official I guess; lats time in top 10 was last wkd of the year with 740 607)

CF 697 897

HG 463 074

LOTR movies had:

FOTR - 2 529 799

TT - 1 783 749

ROTK - 2 113 000

As for MJ1 - it will finish around 770-780k.

As for AoU I think that with a good start it might reach 750k admissions. Comic book movies are doing better now then 3-4 years ago, but I don't think they have enough audience to reach 1 milion admissions.

Overall I'm looking at possible 1 milion admission movies and it's not that easy to find them tbh.

This movies could possibly reach 1 milion admissions ( but most won't reach it )

1. Pinguins of Madagascar - during the weekend previews were packed. Without serious competition this could be our first 1 milion movie of the year.
  2.  Fifty Shades of Grey - I will be suprised if it doesn't make it ( and I hope I will be suprised ;) )
  3. Ziarno Prawdy - it had good marketing so it might have a chance.
  4. Warsaw by Night - it should open well and it has Valentine's Day on it's second weekend so it has a chance
  5. Disco Polo - this looks like a lock for 1 milion admissions. Don't know why but it's like a sure bet. And it has Women's Day on it's second weekend, which is one of the biggest weekends of the year.
  6. Spectre - Last Bond was huge and this one should be too.
  7. THG:MJ2 - small chance but who knows
  8. Star Wars 7 - it has a chance, especially if it opens in Christmas-New Year time period.

There are possible suprises that I don't know about or I underestimate their chances.

• Like 3

Anything above 500k admissions will be very good for Avengers.

I doubt it since Iron Man 3 did 612k. They have to go above it.

As for 1M+ movies. I don't know how good it will be but maybe Karbala? It's a well known event and NEXT is distributing it.

Also Minions may crawl to 1M

Edited by norbar

hmm I will be glad to hear that AOU breaks 1M adm :D it will be nice surprise.

Iron Man 3 had 201k opening about 65k more than TA and Avengers are more popular than one Iron Man.

I guess OW close to 250k-275k is reasonable (maybe more than 300k, that will be huge) and cume over 1m adm if follow TA

500k it will break in 2nd weekend :D

what do U think chimpo, norbar?

Over 300k in May would be very surprising. Remember we get <5 over 200k OW's per year. Over 300? Very few. I'd say high 200's and if the movie is decent it does Wolf of Wall Street Numbers.

As for 1M+ movies. I don't know how good it will be but maybe Karbala? It's a well known event and NEXT is distributing it.

Karbala is this year? Well yeah, this could be good. From the description of real life events this could be our Black Hawk Down movie ( well beside that we didn't lose soldiers in this battle )

Some interesting numbers from SFP ( sfp.org.pl ) 2014 box office summary. ( They have info from Boxoffice.pl )

Total admissions went up to 40.4 milion.

20 movies had over 500k admissions and that's a record.

Average ticket price went down to 18.00 PLN from 18.32 PLN. Mostly due to local movies doing much better in 2014.

Local movies had 27.4% of market share, European productions had 15.5% and Hollywood productions had only 48.79%, rest of the world 8.31%.

Edited by chimpo
  • Like 3

Weekend numbers (23-25 January 2015 )

1. Wkreceni 2                                   138 362 / 361 497
  2. Legend of the NeverBeast                48 340 / 166 691
  3. Carte Blanche                               48 261 / 48 862 ( NEW)
  4. Taken 3                                         38 026 / 344 000
  5. Paddington                                     31 547 / 483 760
  6. Mortdecai                                       26 229 / 26 229 (NEW)
  7. Seventh Son                                   26 212 / 26 212 (NEW)
  8. Hobbit 3                                         25 979 / 2 157 138
  9. Exodus                                          19 333 / 218 471
  10. Birdman                                          18 702 / 20 963
  11. Hiszpanka                                       16 576 / 16 576 ( NEW )
Total admissions : 506 895

This weeks box office summary I will start with special mention of Hiszpanka. Last week I predicted it to BOMB and but I didn't expect it to BOMB this hard. This is probably in top 3 Flops of All-Time for a Polish production. Wow, just wow. :blink:

Okay let's get back to top 10.

Wkreceni 2 had a superb -10% drop this weekend and are 52k admissions ahead of the original at the same time period. Next few weeks will show if it will manage to stay above the original movie. If yes then it might have a chance to pass 1 milion admissions.
Legend of NeverBeast will not repeat The Pirate Fairy success but it's still a moneymaker for Disney.
Carte Blanche - a local movie based on a real story didn't do great but I think it's a good opening. It actually did a little better then I expected ( I thought it would do around 35k admissions on OW )
Taken 3 - big drop this time. Should end up around 400k admissions.
Paddington - I expected better holds for this movie but it looks like kids want to see Pinguins more.
Mortdecai and Seventh Son - weak openings and weak runs ahead of them. Will be suprised to see them in TOP 10 next week. Seventh Son has many TV ads so it's marketing was pretty visible.
Hobbit 3 - another big drop and I'm not sure if it will manage to pass Bogowie after all. It's drops post post New Years weekend are terrible.
Exodus - a multplier of 3 is happening. That's a suprise when you consider WOM.

Upcoming weekend releases.
Ziarno Prawdy - local movie distributed by Next Films. This guys have a really good time and it looks like they might have another hit on their hands.
Pinguins of Madagascar - if previews are not a smoke bomb then this could open big and I mean Big.
Theory of Everything - don't expect to much from this one.
  • Like 2