Pypa94

Poland Box Office | Avatar: The Way of Water is HUGE

Lp./ Last wkd./ Title/ Distributor/ Admission/ Admissions Cume/ Screens
1 1 Kopciuszek
Cinderella Disney 69.070/ 219.228/ 180
2 Zbuntowana
Insurgent Monolith 58.972/ 58.972/ 155 NEW!

3 2 Disco Polo
Disco Polo(local) Next Film 32.858/ 776.904/ 242
4 4 Fru!
Gus, petit oiseau, grand voyage Kino Świat 30.629/ 152.427/ 144
5 3 BODY/CIAŁO
BODY/CIAŁO(local) Kino Świat 26.810/ 204.768/ 152
6 6 Spongebob: na suchym lądzie
The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water UIP 19.135/ 387.498/ 119
7 5 Chappie
Chappie UIP 18.267/ 72.774/ 118
8 Ex Machina
Ex Machina UIP 14.790/ 14.790/ 79 NEW!

9 12 Bóg nie umarł
God's Not Dead Monolith 14.186/ 72.613/ 74
10 10 Asterix i Obelix: osiedle bogów
Astérix: Le domaine des dieux Best Film 13.215/ 155.287/ 140

Edited by Pypa94
  • Like 1

Sorry for the delay once again.

Weekend numbers (27-29 March 2015 )

1. Cinderella                                      45 768 / 295 370
  2. Insurgent                                         27 958 / 114 371
  3. Disco Polo                                       19 149 / 809 436
  4. Yellowbird                                       17 908 / 183 408
  5. Oculus                                             16 355 / 16 355
  6. The SpongeBob Movie:SOOW            14 604 / 408 332
  7. The Gunman                                     14 323 / 14 323    
  8. Body/Cialo                                      12 913 / 233 066
  9. Ex Machina                                     12 825 / 39 102
  10. God's Not Dead                               12 818 / 98 422

Total admissions : 268 412 admissions

Q1 2014 - 11.982 milion admissions

Q1 2015 - ~13.680 milion admissions ( Best Q1 since transformation in 1989)

Easter Weekend is going to be the worst weekend of the year with total admissions way under 100k admissions ( probably in 60-70k range ). Next weekend should be fun when FF7  and Home will open. This should get Box Office back to some decent numbers again :D

• Like 2

According to Universal F&F7 made 1.9 milion $ on OW. That would be around 350-360k admissions. That's impressive.

Huge opening!!! Cause movie is great ;) I was in 4DX cinema city bonarka (Kraków) at 15.40 on Friday and it was almost full packed ;) 4d effects are awesome! I truly recommend that for everyone ;p

Do you think The Avengers 2 can have the same OW or even higher?

I'd be surprised. FF6 was way more liked than Avengers. Though the other movies might have boosted it more remember it's the 2nd best opening of the year and there were very little over 250k openings in recent years. 

Privately I liked FF7 but I'm a bit dissapointed. I like the new camera tricks but some of the camera work was a bit messy and it made the action look almost Greengrassy. Also the group got smaller instead of adding new characters and despite them needing to rise stakes the action setpieces seem smaller. FF5 was the best for me but here the garage/parking scenes in the end were underwhelming. It should have ended with something bigger. The building jumping was nice but the highway/bus were ok only compared to how good initial action was in other series. 

I think it all boils down to the fact they wanted to cram as much as possible from other parts. We have a new movie subgenre - Nostalgia blockbuster. Skyfall did the same though imho it was way more detrimental to the series. Here I enjoyed it though FF5 is the best. I also worry in 2-3 movies they will have to turn to comedy.

• Like 1

I'd be surprised. FF6 was way more liked than Avengers. Though the other movies might have boosted it more remember it's the 2nd best opening of the year and there were very little over 250k openings in recent years. 

Privately I liked FF7 but I'm a bit dissapointed. I like the new camera tricks but some of the camera work was a bit messy and it made the action look almost Greengrassy. Also the group got smaller instead of adding new characters and despite them needing to rise stakes the action setpieces seem smaller. FF5 was the best for me but here the garage/parking scenes in the end were underwhelming. It should have ended with something bigger. The building jumping was nice but the highway/bus were ok only compared to how good initial action was in other series. 

I think it all boils down to the fact they wanted to cram as much as possible from other parts. We have a new movie subgenre - Nostalgia blockbuster. Skyfall did the same though imho it was way more detrimental to the series. Here I enjoyed it though FF5 is the best. I also worry in 2-3 movies they will have to turn to comedy.

I guess I should keep my expectations low for Poland, but I hope to be surprised, comicbook movies have become more profitable and popular since 2012 so you never know.

I guess I should keep my expectations low for Poland, but I hope to be surprised, comicbook movies have become more profitable and popular since 2012 so you never know.

More yes. The thing is not that much more. They have high negative viewer numbers

Poland is unic country because we generally have not the same "taste" as other countries. e.g Fast 7: exploding (almost)everywhere but here: ok impressive OW but less than a half of 50SoG or TH3. Avengers AoU - the same pattern: big opening mid 300k can happened but nothing more, no record breaking just good. Instead of blockbusters we like comedies (locals ) and stupid sex movies (you now what) and Tolkien which I'm glad to hear :D Shrek was popular here too but that was long time ago. So next best OW performance would sequel of local comedy or sequel of 50 shades of shit. And that's why I'm so disappointed when big OS movies do shitty numbers here and it happens all the time.

You forgot that animated movies always do well in Poland.

As for FF7 opening weekend here are the numbers ( even higher then yesterdays estimations )

390 519 admissions - 7 920 480 PLN ( just 900k from FF6 total!!!! ) - 2.085 milion $

As for Avengers 2 opening I honestly don't know how it will open. This year so far has been way above expectations and openings were much bigger then expected. So Avengers 2 might actually open big too.

Edited by chimpo
  • Like 1

I'm curious about hold cause some of my friends was waiting for my opinion about movie and they are going this week. And also some of them had never watched any of these F&F movie till the buzz of 7th. So WOM, I guess, can really mean something :D What do you think chimpo, norbar? Drop like Disco Polo or like 50SoG?

Edited by Pypa94

Poland is unic country because we generally have not the same "taste" as other countries. e.g Fast 7: exploding (almost)everywhere but here: ok impressive OW but less than a half of 50SoG or TH3. Avengers AoU - the same pattern: big opening mid 300k can happened but nothing more, no record breaking just good. Instead of blockbusters we like comedies (locals ) and stupid sex movies (you now what) and Tolkien which I'm glad to hear :D Shrek was popular here too but that was long time ago. So next best OW performance would sequel of local comedy or sequel of 50 shades of shit. And that's why I'm so disappointed when big OS movies do shitty numbers here and it happens all the time.

We have similar taste as other countries. We are different than US but we often have similar results to the rest of Eastern Europe and with some more arty films that aim only towards big cities we see movies like western countries. 

Fast7 exploded in Poland. You are completely wrong about that. In most countries the difference between ff6 and ff7 OW was 1.5-2x. In Poland it was 2.5x the FF6 opening. That's a huge explosion. That only shows 50SG was super huge, not that other films weren't big. You can't compare any movie to the biggest opening in history. 

Also superhero movies don't do well in many EE countries, hell marvel doesn't do super well in some western countries as well. The performance of Marvel movies is similar in many euro countries. 

Also stop complaining about local titles. It's nowhere near as bad as you think. Germany and France are also dominated by local movies and we are nowhere near what happens in South Korea and Japan where local movies destroy anything from US. 

300k for Avengers would be amazing and 390k for FF7 is amazing. FFs. That's more than Listy do M, More than Miasto 44, More than Bogowie. How the hell is that a bad opening? 

You forgot that animated movies always do well in Poland.

As for FF7 opening weekend here are the numbers ( even higher then yesterdays estimations )

390 519 admissions - 7 920 480 PLN ( just 900k from FF6 total!!!! ) - 2.085 milion $

As for Avengers 2 opening I honestly don't know how it will open. This year so far has been way above expectations and openings were much bigger then expected. So Avengers 2 might actually open big too.

I bet avengers will be in the 270-320k range. Higher would be surprising. FF7 had the Paul Walker boost. 

I'll think that 50% drop or more for FF7. If it will do better then it will go past milion admissions at 200km/h ;)

It will drop close to 60%. Not because people don't like it but with super huge opening you always have a frontloaded movie. The drops will be smaller in later weeks but I don't remember a huge non animated opening that didn't drop 58% and more.

It will drop close to 60%. Not because people don't like it but with super huge opening you always have a frontloaded movie. The drops will be smaller in later weeks but I don't remember a huge non animated opening that didn't drop 58% and more.

For some reason Skyfall was my first thought about a movie with huge opening and small drop on second weekend and I had to check and I was right ;)

Poland is developing, over time they'll be more welcoming of Marvel movies and other kinds of blockbusters :)

Like Japan? Korea? France? Germany? Being more developed does not equal liking Marvel more. 

For some reason Skyfall was my first thought about a movie with huge opening and small drop on second weekend and I had to check and I was right ;)

They had a very good release date and little competition on week 2. That explains it

Like Japan? Korea? France? Germany? Being more developed does not equal liking Marvel more. 

They had a very good release date and little competition on week 2. That explains it

Marvel movies improved in these countries over time, same thing in Russia. So yeah, that will be the same thing in Poland ;)

Marvel's recognition as a brand is clearly on the upswing :)

Marvel movies improved in these countries over time, same thing in Russia. So yeah, that will be the same thing in Poland ;)

Marvel's recognition as a brand is clearly on the upswing :)

That has nothing to do with development. Marvel movies improved over time in Poland too. They also improved in Japan and US. They just grow from movie to movie. 

Pre-sales started few days ago till now no big buzz, couple seats booked but there still more 15 days. Personally I haven't made decision yet which showdown choose: IMAX marathon, IMAX, VIP or 4DX or simple 3D so mamy different choices xd