Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Hobbit grossed 3.85 mln RUB last weekend.

1674.5 mln total vs 1670.2 mln RUB for Stalingrad

Universal report only number of theaters in Russia. Not copies or screens.

Basically 1050-1100 theaters it is as good as it gets.

great!

warms my heart!! :wub:

(wasted all my available likes for the day

will do tomorrow ;) )

• Like 1

Hobbit grossed 3.85 mln RUB last weekend.

1674.5 mln total vs 1670.2 mln RUB for Stalingrad

Universal report only number of theaters in Russia. Not copies or screens.

Basically 1050-1100 theaters it is as good as it gets.

Oooh :o

Indeed that's impressive, I'm curious to see how it will be received in Russia, even if the horrible exchange rates will remain an impediment to let it be huge.

Considering this, does any 2015 movie have a REAL chance at making 30M+?

The Avengers 2, the first one grossed 43m in 2012 and the brand is much more famous now so that mean it would be able to pass $50m with the exchange rates from back then in 2012 and that would mean slightly more than $30m, unless the Rouble decreases even more (that can't be excluded at all).

Star Wars VII? I have no idea about the popularity of this franchise in Russia given the USSR was relatively closed in the 70s...

Edited by Koro Sensei

The Avengers 2, the first one grossed 43m in 2012 and the brand is much more famous now so that mean it would be able to pass $50m with the exchange rates from back then in 2012 and that would mean slightly more than $30m, unless the Rouble decreases even more (that can't be excluded at all).

Star Wars VII? I have no idea about the popularity of this franchise in Russia given the USSR was relatively closed in the 70s...

But both TH1 and TH2 made more than TA and TH3 made more than the first two in rubles. And even so, TH3 barely made 25M. With last year's rates it would've done over 50. I seriously doubt TA (or any other movie this year for that matter, unless some local title breaks out) touches 30.

Edited by James

But both TH1 and TH2 made more than TA and TH3 made more than the first two in rubles. And even so, TH3 barely made 25M. With last year's rates it would've done over 50. I seriously doubt TA (or any other movie this year for that matter, unless some local title breaks out) touches 30.

The Avengers go one episode, The Hobbit is the legacy of the LOTR franchise, it had a head start. The Avengers got one movie, so don't jump the gun my dear. ;)

The Avengers 2 will benefit from the increased popularity of Iron Man 3 (IM3 grossed more than TA) and Thor 2 / Captain America 2 (both with an interesting growth over the previous movies).

The Avengers 2 was fated to beat TA1 since the very beginning in Russia, and it will do it in RUB and admissions, we just don't know how better it can be in terms of gross and admissions, but it won't be difficult to compete with TH1 so that would mean at least 50m with 2012's exchange rates.

I don't say it will pass $30m with the current exchange rates because it would be difficult to do that's very much clear, but it's the only movie able to do it this year.

Any hope of exchange rates improving much this year in Russia?

Almost no hope : the situation is Ukraine is worsening, new sanctions against Russia could be taken soon and the Russian economy is in free fall, investors won't buy roubles in that kind of situation unless they're crazy (and they're usually rational actors).

Fullbuster, the # is 30 mil not 25 for BotFA booo pls change the title :P

$30,851,253 with opening weekend exchange rates.

makes it funnier in retrospect how stupid I was to desire a late December release date :D
it was really the smart decision on the distributors' part to move the release up. kudos to them

Imo the next year 25 mil will be the more realistic target for blockbusters by which the success can be measured

Edited by Lady of Lorien

Last weekend 22-25.2015

1. "Paddington" $2,564,843 1
2. "American Heist" $1,274,141 1
3. "Dumb and Dumber Too" $1,209,987 1
4. "The Gambler" $636,747 1
5. "Taken 3" $608,707 - $2,881,947 2
6. "Night at the Museum 3" $569,039 - $9,465,985 3

7. "Birdman" $532,845 1
8. "Exodus" $401,620 - $17,192,118 4
9. "Women in Black 2" $383,240 - $1,585,884 2
10. "Unbroken" $296,114 - $1,194,478 2
11. "Тhree Heroes: The horse to Move" $276,375 - $16,737,783 4
12. "Seventh Son" $188,107 - $18,471,168 4
15. "Hobbit 3" $58,848 - 30,851,253 7
20. "Interstellar" $12,305 - $26,192,066 12

Edited by juni78ukr
  • Like 2

April 23.

Disney Moves Up 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Russia Release

Hey, that's pretty cool imo, Russia will be among the first countries to have it :) Let's hope it will be able to destroy everything :D

yay gonna see AOU early! :wub: (lol though it was special to have it premiering on my Bday but now I'm still gonna see it on that day as well but it would probs be my 2nd/3rd viewing :P )

It still will be playing freely through May holidays so its all good

The original "The Dawns Here are Quiet" is a classic & the most heart wrenching WW2 movie ever so that means the remake will suck big time 

Edited by Lady of Lorien
  • Like 1