Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Kristen is not a bad actress, there are plenty of worse high-profile actresses around.

Sure, she gave below average performances in the Twilight franchise, but she is very good in indie movies.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

Well, I understand. I believe that each one interpret the movie in a different way. Nobody thinks the same as someoe. In my view, Capitol is not really a villain. Snow is the main villain. he's the "boss", cruel, selfish and cold. this can be seen more clearly in MJ part 1. At the beginning of the saga, he really has to be weak because Katniss is a part of his game. She is an attraction, a puppet like all other tributes were. Well, MJ she is no longer a puppet FROM SNOW and Snow strives to end up killing her.

"Clearly the protagonist does not want to save the humanity." I fully agree with you. At the beginning of the series she is very selfish. Only cares about her interests.

I will be more direct here, I do not see Katniss at the beginning of the saga really like a heroine, she is very much an anti-heroine than a heroine. She wants to save her skin and the people she loves only. And that's what makes me like her, she is not a perfect person. She has fears, sorrows, she does not want to save the world while need to take care of her family. You should give more time to Katniss. She needed time to answer the call of being a heroine. And that only happens in MJ.

"The main couple did not have any chemistry." Yes, but that romance was fake. Only Peeta who really liked her. The people of the capital believed in anything they saw on TV

I understand you to say that wanted the movie did succeed because people speak bad of its fans.

I wanted Jupiter ascending and Seventh Son had been successful as well.

That's the point. They make it seem like is the hardest thing. Why not taking one of their guns and shot at her face already??? :bash:

I hope in MJ2 she answers the call because on MJ1 she is still just there.

I was speaking about Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson they simply don't fit. Actually, Kristen had more chemistry with Robert/Taylor, than Jennifer with Josh/Liam.

• Like 1

Kristen is not a bad actress, there are plenty of worse high-profile actresses around.

Sure, she gave below average performances in the Twilight franchise, but she is very good in indie movies.

In which movie she had her best performance? I saw none with her besides Twilight.

That's the point. They make it seem like is the hardest thing. Why not taking one of their guns and shot at her face already??? :bash:

I hope in MJ2 she answers the call because on MJ1 she is still just there.

I was speaking about Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson they simply don't fit. Actually, Kristen had more chemistry with Robert/Taylor, than Jennifer with Josh/Liam.

kkkkkkk

keep calm, Sabrina. You are now talking about Catching fire, right? He does not kill her because he knows the image that Katniss has. Taking one of Their guns and shot at her face would just leave the districts

furious and would generate a revolt.

She took the first step, accept being Mockingjay.

OOhh, i thought they were good, but romance in HG is not the focus as it is in twiight. Try to forgive them.

kkkkkkk

keep calm, Sabrina. You are now talking about Catching fire, right? He does not kill her because he knows the image that Katniss has. Taking one of Their guns and shot at her face would just leave the districts

furious and would generate a revolt.

She took the first step, accept being Mockingjay.

OOhh, i thought they were good, but romance in HG is not the focus as it is in twiight. Try to forgive them.

No, because he would have done this in her house, in that scene where he was talking about the districts with her. In Dolores Umbridge worlds: "What Cornelius doesn't know won't hurt him"

Are you kidding right? :mellow:

Well, I have to agree with this. But just for the first movie. In CF, Katniss only cared about him, to the point where I end up rooting for him to die during the games. In MJ1, he wasn't even in there, but Katniss was thinking about him from the first minute to the last one.

In which movie she had her best performance? I saw none with her besides Twilight.

She was a good in Adventureland, Zathura, Panic Room and Still Alice.

I still need to see On the Road, The Runaways, Into the Wild.

I don't remember if she was good or not in Jumper and The Messengers, probably because both movies sucked big time.

• Like 1

The first one is just 'Twilight', yeah, you didn't lost much, I only watched because it was a phenomenon here, and everybody watched as well. Yeah, she's really bad indeed, her performance in 'Still Alice' with Julianne was painful to watch.

Totally agree! Her performance in Still Alice is even sadder than the movie. Her expression doesn't chance. For her it's the same if her mother has an early type of alzheimer or if she is leading an army to defeat an evil witch (yes, I saw her in Snow White too). Her face is emotionless

• Like 1

Totally agree! Her performance in Still Alice is even sadder than the movie. Her expression doesn't chance. For her it's the same if her mother has an early type of alzheimer or if she is leading an army to defeat an evil witch (yes, I saw her in Snow White too). Her face is emotionless

Omg :rofl:

So true! But nothing is worst than her performance in Snow White, the speech at the end of movie.... :ph34r:

• Like 1

No, because he would have done this in her house, in that scene where he was talking about the districts with her. In Dolores Umbridge worlds: "What Cornelius doesn't know won't hurt him"

Are you kidding right? :mellow:

Well, I have to agree with this. But just for the first movie. In CF, Katniss only cared about him, to the point where I end up rooting for him to die during the games. In MJ1, he wasn't even in there, but Katniss was thinking about him from the first minute to the last one.

Excuse the delay. I Fainted sleepy. I wanted to write in Portuguese. My English is very bad.

Districts need not really see to know, because Katniss had already become a symbol of hope. If Snow kill her, someone would suspect and spread the rumor. That would be enough to create a revolt. In addition, Snow would have to kill Peeta, Haymitch, Prim, the mother, Gale, Gale's family and the family of Peeta. It would be very obvious that Snow had done it. It would not be so simple.

Yes, but not totally. Be the mockingjay was only be the puppet from district 13. Also, Katniss only accepted because of Peeta. But accept being the Mj does she realise that people of the districts really need her. I do not understand why you did not see Katniss striving to be a hero. :( I do not think she has left of her comfort zone just for the selfish revenge. She might as well stay in the district 13 having drama class to do revolution ads, but no, she preferred to see with their own eyes the evil of Snow. This is not selfish.

Yes, Peeta becomes her interest. So she thinks about him a lot. I agree that the chemistry between them could have been better. But I think convinced, at least as friendship from Katniss. I do not think Josh as good on role as Peeta. I found him mediocre in the first 2 movies and found it great in the third, appeared little and had more time to train :P

If these were the hg problems for you, then I think you'll like the Divergent. It is not great, not original but I like.

Filmeb update:

1 Fifty Shades of Grey 9.600.000

2 American Sniper 3.732.500

3 The Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water 3.378.600

4 Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast 2.914.000

5 Superpai 2.220.000

6 The Theory of Everything 1.440.000

7 Birdman 1.214.300

8 Jupiter Ascending 945.300

9 The Imitation Games 707.000

10 Demonic 520.000

Edited by xSabrinax
  • Like 2

Excuse the delay. I Fainted sleepy. I wanted to write in Portuguese. My English is very bad.

Districts need not really see to know, because Katniss had already become a symbol of hope. If Snow kill her, someone would suspect and spread the rumor. That would be enough to create a revolt. In addition, Snow would have to kill Peeta, Haymitch, Prim, the mother, Gale, Gale's family and the family of Peeta. It would be very obvious that Snow had done it. It would not be so simple.

Yes, but not totally. Be the mockingjay was only be the puppet from district 13. Also, Katniss only accepted because of Peeta. But accept being the Mj does she realise that people of the districts really need her. I do not understand why you did not see Katniss striving to be a hero. :( I do not think she has left of her comfort zone just for the selfish revenge. She might as well stay in the district 13 having drama class to do revolution ads, but no, she preferred to see with their own eyes the evil of Snow. This is not selfish.

Yes, Peeta becomes her interest. So she thinks about him a lot. I agree that the chemistry between them could have been better. But I think convinced, at least as friendship from Katniss. I do not think Josh as good on role as Peeta. I found him mediocre in the first 2 movies and found it great in the third, appeared little and had more time to train :P

If these were the hg problems for you, then I think you'll like the Divergent. It is not great, not original but I like.

I went to sleep when I finished answering you. I hate to write english too. :P

I don't know, I still think they could have killed her.  Even inside of the games. But unfortunally, she was being saved by the others tributes.

"I do not understand why you did not see Katniss striving to be a hero." Because she was being protected the whole time. Have you seen that movie called ''Troy'' with Brad Pitt? Katniss is like Agamemnon. I mean, I'm not saying she uses people, but while Gale is risking his life to save Peeta, she's inside of a room, safe, because she's the mockingjay. So I don't get it why we need to see this story from her p.o.v.  I can't see her as a hero when I see the others characters being more brave, and having more desire to finish with the capitol than her.

"I do not think Josh as good on role as Peeta." Even If I don't read the books I can't avoid to think the same. I have nothing against Josh. But I feel like he is the problem in this cast, he just doesn't fit. I dislike Liam Hemsworth since The Last Song, but he's more acceptable in THG than Josh.

I send an email to adorocinema asking if they where going to update the box office column. This was my answer:

"Olá, Sabrina. Tivemos no início de fevereiro um problema sério com o servidor do AdoroCinema, que impossibilitou que algumas áreas do site sejam atualizadas, como a página das bilheterias nacionais. Internamente temos todos os dados destas semanas, mas eles não são exibidos online por causa disto. Temos trabalhado para substituir este servidor o quanto antes, mas por ele ficar fora do Brasil este não é um processo tão simples assim. A expectativa é que a situação seja normalizada ainda nesta semana, assim que isto ocorrer o AdoroCinema voltará a funcionar em sua plenitude."
 Abraços, AdoroCinema."

Basically, they had a problem with the system. And they expect to fix it, this week.
Edited by xSabrinax
  • Like 1

I send an email to adorocinema asking if they where going to update the box office column. This was my answer:

"Olá, Sabrina. Tivemos no início de fevereiro um problema sério com o servidor do AdoroCinema, que impossibilitou que algumas áreas do site sejam atualizadas, como a página das bilheterias nacionais. Internamente temos todos os dados destas semanas, mas eles não são exibidos online por causa disto. Temos trabalhado para substituir este servidor o quanto antes, mas por ele ficar fora do Brasil este não é um processo tão simples assim. A expectativa é que a situação seja normalizada ainda nesta semana, assim que isto ocorrer o AdoroCinema voltará a funcionar em sua plenitude."
 Abraços, AdoroCinema."

Basically, they had a problem with the system. And they expect to fix it, this week.

Maybe you can write to epipoca.br too? They had perfectly good weekend charts with both gross and admissions. But the last update was for December 11-14 weekend. http://www.epipoca.com.br/bilheterias

• Like 1