diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

It would still need to be decent to make sure of $100M

The floor (and IO mean if it turns out to be Spiderman 3 levels of bad) is probably about $80 (10M admissions ish)

If I was a gambling man though I would bet on it crossing 100M at this point.

So, if the movie lives up to the hype, it can surpass Avatar? And even roaring currents? :)

Edited by Emirazza

So, if the movie lives up to the hype, it can surpass Avatar? And even roaring currents? :)

If it lives up to the hype, Avatar is Done, (If the ratings are in the 9s then no question in my mind).

If it is perfection, it may challenge RC, but that is a big task

If it lives up to the hype, Avatar is Done, (If the ratings are in the 9s then no question in my mind).

If it is perfection, it may challenge RC, but that is a big task

What ratings?

Edited by Emirazza

TA2 presales just hit 600K, it'll pass 632+ by RC sometime in the next few hrs. I'm hoping for 740-750K by end of the day, with another 24 hrs till the midnight screening.

It needs 12000-13000/hour now for that goal so it really really needs to pick up now to hit that..

If it does'ent then 1 million is gone wed IMO

628k with 9 hours to go

Edited by fmpro

Are Koreans excited because they loved the first movie so much or is it because of the scenes in South Korea and the presence of a Korean actress?

Probably both but I wonder about the effect of the inclusion of Korean elements, do Koreans care?

It needs 12000-13000/hour now for that goal so it really really needs to pick up now to hit that..

If it does'ent then 1 million is gone wed IMO

628k with 9 hours to go

It's already the highest recorded presales in history. Normally presales would be rapidly infreasing at it's highest rate around now but the presales for AoU are already so bloated it's not really showing

Are Koreans excited because they loved the first movie so much or is it because of the scenes in South Korea and the presence of a Korean actress?

Probably both but I wonder about the effect of the inclusion of Korean elements, do Koreans care?

Korean actress not so much, most expect it will be only a minor role. Most Koreans are excited about seeing Seoul in the film of this scale especially considering it will be the first time to happen in a hollywood film. Of course TA1 was pretty well loved too as was the other marvel films so yeah, a combination of factors.

• Like 2

It's already the highest recorded presales in history. Normally presales would be rapidly infreasing at it's highest rate around now but the presales for AoU are already so bloated it's not really showing

Korean actress not so much, most expect it will be only a minor role. Most Koreans are excited about seeing Seoul in the film of this scale especially considering it will be the first time to happen in a hollywood film. Of course TA1 was pretty well loved too as was the other marvel films so yeah, a combination of factors.

Yeah that must be it. Lets see what happens on friday :)

Lets get an update on the title. TA2 breaks preasale record!!

Edited by fmpro
  • Like 1

Only 10.500 in the last hour

720-725k looks more realistic now for today and the 1 million goal is nearly impossible

Only? You're on fire lol, that's perfectly fine :)

1m doesn't seem to be realistic, the record is already broken.

• Like 1

Only 10.500 in the last hour

720-725k looks more realistic now for today and the 1 million goal is nearly impossible

It did over 11K in the last hr so I wouldn't give up yet. If it maintains that until midnight then it'll be over 730K. 900K by midnight release and potentially 1M by peak Friday midnight.

It just hit 650K presales.  :D

• Like 1