diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

Frontloading due to the nature of the film + mixed WOM = ultimate frontloading.

Has mixed now come to mean to mean anything that is not universally rapturous?  It's avg rating on Naver is 8.3 which if not great is still quite good.

It just did two back to back 1m plus days after we went though the chicken little the sky is falling routine on Friday claiming that number was lower than expected due to early mixed word of mouth which didn't seem to carry over on the weekends.  Pre-sales are now at 385k which is more than most blockbusters have the day before they open.

295,009  (3,739,656)  Should pass 4m admissions by tomorrow and we'll see then if Exam week has had any impact when they finish presumably tomorrow.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 5

the exams finishing isn't the main issue in my eyes. The main thing from yesterdays numbers is that it fell harder than IM3. Either it's behaving differently and is more of a weekend film for some reason or another, or word of mouth is worse for it. The release date is almost identical so you can assume IM3 would have benefited from any post-examination rush that AoU would. Still, IM3 had a X3.43 multiplier from its 4 day opening so anything above X3 for AoU 4 day would still garauntee a 10 million admission finish.

Edited by Rsyu

Last week it did not increase that much after it hit the weekend. I assume the weekend will start thursday evening and then the pre-sales should start to go down.

You're probably right since Friday is May 1st. We'll see how high presales get but it's already above most movies. 

Tuesday (4/28) The Avengers: Age of Ultron Box Office

Admissions: 255,120

Daily %: (-13.6%)

Total Admissions: 3,994,839
Gross: $2.01 million

Total Gross: $32.52 million
Screens: 1,704

Presales (midnight):  450,245 (85.4%)

• Like 3

At this rate, 10 million admissions is in jeopardy. Weekend will need to be huge. 

I knew something was up when you didn't post the 4M milestone. Weekend will be huge as it still has very strong presales plus holiday but right now, I'm fearful it's going to completely collapse on week 3.

Edited by druv10