Noctis

Guillermo Del Toro regrets not doing Harry Potter

http://collider.com/guillermo-del-toro-haunted-mansion-harry-potter-interview/187252/Fantastic interview.Pity he never touched the series. I would have loved to see what he would have done with a film like Order of the Phoenix or Goblet of Fire.He almost got the role of director for Prisoner of Azkaban, but decided against it because he was "timid" from fear of creating a film that had such a huge tonal shift from the first two films. He also said that the first two movies aren't as dark as the books.

there's always the inevitable reboot very soon! if poor spidey hardly got a few years before a reboot was in question why not harry potter,right? and you're right forget about little kids give the first two film a pg13 treatment instead of PG

there's always the inevitable reboot very soon!if poor spidey hardly got a few years before a reboot was in question why not harry potter,right?and you're right forget about little kids give the first two film a pg13 treatment instead of PG

Potter is a much more iconic franchise than the SM OT. Plus, Del Toro said he would never touch a Potter reboot. Did you not watch the interview?

WB should regret hiring David Yated to direct the last four installments. Deathly Hallows was quite good i'll admit, particularly the first part, but HBP and especially OOTP were huge disappointments in my eyes.Del Toro, would have provided a visually pleasing film with many fantasy elements but I'm not sure if his style would be suitable for these films. I think someone like Sam Mendes or Darren Araonofsky would have been interesting choices....these films are so character driven after all.