BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

I am happy to see The Theory of Everything was number 1 yesterday. I loved that movie!!! :)

Into the Woods was number 2 on its OD yesterday. I will see it on Monday or Tuesday, because tonight I will see Still Alice. I love Julianne Moore!

The rest of the Top 5 on Friday: Taken 3, Birdman and Fury.

It is weird not to see Automata on the Top 10. That can't be right. Come on! It's Antonio Banderas! I will see it on Wednesday anyway.

• Like 3

Anyone knows why Boxofficemojo doesn't publish anymore the spanish numbers?? Where can I find a source with the exact same chart and cum for every week? Don't you think we need another web page with the power of mojo? I think they do the same every year this time around. 

Anyone knows why Boxofficemojo doesn't publish anymore the spanish numbers?? Where can I find a source with the exact same chart and cum for every week? Don't you think we need another web page with the power of mojo? I think they do the same every year this time around.

Yes, it happens every year. But this year it is lasting more than usual.

I always check this spanish site:

http://www.elseptimoarte.net/cine-articulo-categoria-3.html

But it is in Spanish and in euros

• Like 1

Annie doesn't has to wait until tomorrow for the sun!! The little orphan was number 1 already on Friday!!! :) So the musical should easily lead the weekend, increasing on Saturday and Sunday as every family movie always do!!

So I guess Project Almanac, Blackhat, Nightcrawler and Wild are all bombing? Not surprising. Was any of them a wide release?

So I guess Project Almanac, Blackhat, Nightcrawler and Wild are all bombing? Not surprising. Was any of them a wide release?

Blackhat 269 screens. Annie 287 screens. Nightcrawler only 34 screens. Project Almanac 187 screens. Wild 80 screens.

Annie was number 1 and Blackhat number 4 and a new spanish comedy on the fifth. The rest of the those new releases are not in the Top 10.

Edited by Henry Hamada

Let's hope for a dynamic 2015 in Spain, after all the economic growth is clearly back and job creation is jumping so a nice rebound would be a possibility, even if the weakening euro could blunt it.

I wish you are right, but the reality is quite bad. New jobs are awful. 600-700 euros per month for 9-10 hours, easily. And people buy it as an improvement. In spite of "nice news", that is not true. We are poorer every day. You should not expect good news from Spanish market.

I've just read in elpais.es that 50 Shades of Grey will open this Friday in 850 screens!!!! Do you know anything about that??? I think that may be a mistake... The Hobbit BotFA opened in 341 screens, Big Hero 6 in 330 screens. 850 screens is too much!!! It's true that I've never seen a movie opening in more than 2 screens at the cineplex closer to my home and FSoG opens in 3 screens this weekend...

Edited by Henry Hamada
  • Like 2

I've just read in elpais.es that 50 Shades of Grey will open this Friday in 850 screens!!!! Do you know anything about that??? I think that may be a mistake... The Hobbit BotFA opened in 341 screens, Big Hero 6 in 330 screens. 850 screens is too much!!! It's true that I've never see a movie opening in more than 2 screens at the cineplex closer to my home and FSoG opens in 3 screens this weekend... 

ok need some clarification  those #'s for BOFA, BH6 are actually theatre/location counts not screens, FSOG will be around 360 locations and 850 screens about right, for example Owe BOFA approx 825 screens, BH6 630 screens

POTC:OST 465 thrs/1090 screens, T:BDpt2 420 thrs/ 1052 screens, AUJ 395 thrs/ 1052 scrs

• Like 4

ok need some clarification  those #'s for BOFA, BH6 are actually theatre/location counts not screens, FSOG will be around 360 locations and 850 screens about right, for example Owe BOFA approx 825 screens, BH6 630 screens

POTC:OST 465 thrs/1090 screens, T:BDpt2 420 thrs/ 1052 screens, AUJ 395 thrs/ 1052 scrs

Now it makes sense! Thanks Rth!! :)

that 850 screens is going up, has already past THG series OD's

• Like 1

Clearly they are expecting something massive for 50SOG given the presales. If walk-up bussiness is decent enough, we are looking at a huge opening. Predictions? I say $8m OW.

8m OW your talking wkend right than yes thats feasable, its OD will exceed $us2.5m

• Like 2