baumer

Titanic | James Cameron | Pretend it's 1997 all over again (The pure awe of Titanic's run)

Given that this thread started in May 2013...

Are we supposed to time stamp off that?

Meaning, am I supposed to be talking about what happened two years and three months later?

Cause seriously, Julia Roberts is totally gonna win the Oscar. Erin fucking Brockovich! 100m here we come!

• Like 1

@Noodlebug

Check out this thread.  We started this back in the mojo days and then carried it over to here.  Although it won't be just like living through it, it does give you a glimpse into it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lilmac said:

yea

I´ve enjoyed a lot with it, i discovered it long time ago and i thought there was nobody so crazy about Titanic run, but there is!!!!

Did you follow the run in its age, or you did it later?

good job!!

7 hours ago, setna said:

I´ve enjoyed a lot with it, i discovered it long time ago and i thought there was nobody so crazy about Titanic run, but there is!!!!

Did you follow the run in its age, or you did it later?

good job!!

I did a shorter one for Avatar.

Yes, I followed Titanic's run as it happened on a forum called Time Pathfinder Movie Forums. It was like this but late 1990s timeframe. A decent opening back then was a $30m weekend. We weren't sure if Tomorrow Never Dies or Titanic was going to gross more. lol. When it held on its 2nd weekend, we knew there was something special here. When it held the 3rd week the boards exploded. One poster, Velouria, predicted BEFORE Titanic's opening that it would gross $540 million. We thought she was crazy. Some of the more popular boards lasted (hopping on other sites after Time Pathfinder closed) for, I think over 12 years. The only remnant of Time Pathfinder Movie Forums is a facebook page for the regulars back then. 

Back then Raiders of the Lost Ark was in the Top 10. lol

I've been following the boxoffice since the early 90s. Been here since 2002 (well, BOM). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cochofles said:

I think Sphere will finally dethrone Titanic. A thriller by Michael Chrichton directed by Oscar winner Levinson starring Sharon Stone, Dustin Hoffman, and Samuel L. Jackson?? Sounds like a winner to me! 

Lol that movie was soooooo bad.

On February 7, 2016 at 4:42 PM, Maxmoser3 said:

I had a dream about Demi Moore last night she will never look old even when she turns 80. Damn she's a fox.

Demi Moore once filmed a movie where I live and the crew came in to the theatre some days to watch footage reels. So they would send it to the supervisor, and he would hook the footage up to the projector ready to play (in the older days). They would always send the footage an hour in advance, but one time they didn't and the crew and Moore had to wait while my supervisor hooked up the footage. The crew was fine with waiting cause they understood, but apparently Moore was acting like a diva and didn't want to wait.

Long story short, one of the supervisors at my theatre can say he has been screamed at my Demi Moore.

28 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Demi Moore once filmed a movie where I live and the crew came in to the theatre some days to watch footage reels. So they would send it to the supervisor, and he would hook the footage up to the projector ready to play (in the older days). They would always send the footage an hour in advance, but one time they didn't and the crew and Moore had to wait while my supervisor hooked up the footage. The crew was fine with waiting cause they understood, but apparently Moore was acting like a diva and didn't want to wait.

Long story short, one of the supervisors at my theatre can say he has been screamed at my Demi Moore.

G.I. Jane was underrated. I went to go see it and I must say Ridley Scott has came back to his good ways. White Squall was really boring and Jeff Bridges seemed tired. But G.I. Jane kicked ass.