CJohn

Ferdinand | 12/15/17 | Blue Sky - JOHN CENA IS FERDINAND

Just now, cannastop said:

Higher than $200m, lower than $250m. Adventurous, but not too adventurous.

Fair enough, I expect a trailer with either Boss Baby at the earliest or Captain Underpants  at the latest. I could see $200M possible but it depends primarily on Jumanji.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

Fair enough, I expect a trailer with either Boss Baby at the earliest or Captain Underpants  at the latest. I could see $200M possible but it depends primarily on Jumanji.

I am wondering if Captain Underpants is waiting till Boss Baby to put out a trailer, just 2 and a half months before release. Fox really don't seem to be giving a damn about Captain Underpants by the looks of it, pretty much just serving out their Dreamworks contract.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I am wondering if Captain Underpants is waiting till Boss Baby to put out a trailer, just 2 and a half months before release. Fox really don't seem to be giving a damn about Captain Underpants by the looks of it, pretty much just serving out their Dreamworks contract.

I think so, I found it strange that they didn't put one with Lego Batman.

• Like 1

Cena's voice acting isn't too bad although he's done several DTV animation so he's not exactly a novice

Okay trailer, odd that Fox has put a trailer for Ferdinand when it's not released until December but only just released a Captain Underpants trailer which comes out a lot sooner 

This is for every adult with purchasing power who don't think their kids are ready for Star Wars or thought it would be a walk up movie for some reason.

Chipmunks did the same thing, but even that had brand recognition. This just has a generic art style and a faux heart-tugging trailer.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Chipmunks did the same thing, but even that had brand recognition

Being based on one of the best-loved children's books isn't brand recognition?

The Story of Ferdinand has been in print since it was published, over 80 years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaghetti by the Sea said:

Obviously this has a SING-esque position, but I still find it sort of hilarious they're trying to prop this against THE LAST JEDI. I thought this was going wide on the 22nd?

Was moved recently. Stupid Fox.

Honestly, Cena's not that bad of a v.a., but I don't know if he works for THIS character. But I guess it's safe to say that... nobody will see this.

That wasn't a pun, btw. This thing is going against The Last Jedi and it doesn't have the Illumination marketing machine behind it. (And even Sing had the advantage of RO being a spin-off not an episodic film)

Edited by MCKillswitch123

3 hours ago, Kalo said:

I really liked the trailer. looks genuinely sweet, leaps better then the garbage trailers for Boss Baby and Captain Underpants. 

Underpants trailer wasn't garbage but Boss Baby was, but Ferdinand was the best.

• Like 1