It's Monster Trucks weekend!

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CJohn

Moana | 11/23/16 | Teaser Trailer on Page 33

4,501 posts in this topic

Is this Giants?

http://www.varietyinsight.com/featurefilm_releases.php?limit=20&offset=300&currenttotal=343&DO=akash&from_date=&sort=

Seems possible, but have towards the end dates that are wrong. For example Illumination project on 12/21 and SW spinoff on 12/31, I have seen the end of the year used before when the date is unknown. Then Tintin 2 dated, which its not.

From what it looks like, the 3/4/16 project is Zootopia, this is Giants, and the 3/9/18 project is Moana.

I still need a new Disney musical by 2015, so the Good Dinosaur needs to move to march 2016 and Zootopia to this date. Ain't happening though lol.

Please, no more moving of TGD.

1 person likes this

Speaking of TGD (don't want to bump that thread because it's not really news) it seems Pete Sohn has indeed quietly become the main director

Anyway, this is the November 2016 thread. Moving Zootopia here won't help Dingdong's cause.

Also, I don't think Zootopia is a musical.

Thanksgiving makes more sense for Giants, if it is a musical.

Zootopia will be interesting, to see if that March release date works for Disney. They haven't really put anything earlier than April before, and in those cases (Home on the Range, Meet the Robinsons) it didn't work out that well. And other studios have been hit and miss in the spring.

Pity the schedule Disney's made doesn't allow a lot of fluctuation. Two Pixars next year, two WDAS & a Pixar in 2016, two Pixars again in 2017, and then two WDAS and a Pixar in 2018. They may be having Pixar do too much. I think both studios work better if they're only doing one film a year.

Walt Disney Animation Studios revealed plans today for Moana, a sweeping, CG-animated comedy-adventure about a spirited teenager on an impossible mission to fulfill her ancestors' quest. In theaters in late 2016, the film is directed by the renowned filmmaking team of Ron Clements and John Musker (The Little Mermaid, The Princess and the Frog, Aladdin).

"John and I have partnered on so many films - from 'The Little Mermaid' to 'Aladdin' to 'The Princess and the Frog,'" said Clements. "Creating 'Moana' is one of the great thrills of our career. It's a big adventure set in this beautiful world of Oceania."

In the ancient South Pacific world of Oceania, Moana, a born navigator, sets sail in search of a fabled island. During her incredible journey, she teams up with her hero, the legendary demi-god Maui, to traverse the open ocean on an action-packed voyage, encountering enormous sea creatures, breathtaking underworlds and ancient folklore.

"Moana is indomitable, passionate and a dreamer with a unique connection to the ocean itself," Musker said. "She's the kind of character we all root for, and we can't wait to introduce her to audiences."

3 people like this

1 Billion Worldwide

They have got some nice film making team! So yes!!

.... And its disney :)

This is the one I'm anticipating most on Disney's current slate. And in my opinion it's the one most likely to follow in Frozen's footsteps.

Fingers crossed for some wonderful songs as well.  :circles:

6 people like this

Wait at this getting that late 2016 date. WHAT HAPPENED TO GIANTS?!

1 person likes this

^ There was some rumours before that Moana was getting along better than Giants that had some issues so this was pretty expected. Giants should be still coming out.

Having a new Disney film with a female lead before Giants is a good move anyway. I am so excited about this, I have been waiting that either this or Giants gets confirmed forever.

1 person likes this

Wait at this getting that late 2016 date. WHAT HAPPENED TO GIANTS?!

Maybe it's being retooled to get rid of that ridiculous title?

Just call it Jack & The Beanstalk if that's what it is. Stupid 'twist' titles.

1 person likes this