Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CJohn

Moana | 11/23/16 | Teaser Trailer on Page 33

4,505 posts in this topic

i'm ready to stan for this

tumblr_inline_mvr696vh4l1r2q4zh.gif

2 people like this

the rock has a very pleasant voice!

6 people like this

The Rock as a Disney Prince? MAKE IT HAPPEN DISNEY! :lol:

3 people like this

The Rock as a Disney Prince? MAKE IT HAPPEN DISNEY! :lol:

He's up for Maui, a Pacific demi-god. Even better! :D

3 people like this

Spidey Freak, on 27 Nov 2014 - 12:08 AM, said:

He's up for Maui, a Pacific demi-god. Even better! :D

That sounds like The Rock all right.

2 people like this

Dwayne Johnson isn't bad casting TBH and he can sing, Disney have always casted well in terms of voice acting with their films

2 people like this

Dwayne Johnson isn't bad casting TBH and he can sing, Disney have always casted well in terms of voice acting with their films

I'm actually kind of surprised at how much I like this idea. I don't really like the roles he's had, but I like the guy himself in some ways, and I think he would do very well in certain roles in a Disney animated feature. I for one hope that this rumor is true.

1 person likes this

Disney rarely has famous voice actors but this could be interesting. But it could take probably very long for for is to find out, didn't we learn Big Hero 6 voice actors only this summer?

1 person likes this

Disney rarely has famous voice actors but this could be interesting. But it could take probably very long for for is to find out, didn't we learn Big Hero 6 voice actors only this summer?

Well we learned the main voice cast for Inside Out nearly two years prior to release, so it's not impossible. It just depends on if they want to advertise it or not. BH6's voice cast wasn't that big of a deal since the selling point of being an animated Marvel movie mattered much more.

Well we learned the main voice cast for Inside Out nearly two years prior to release, so it's not impossible. It just depends on if they want to advertise it or not. BH6's voice cast wasn't that big of a deal since the selling point of being an animated Marvel movie mattered much more.

Plus, looking back, they've had films with at least one "famous" person. (Kristin Bell, John C. Reilly, Mandy Moore, etc.)

Plus, looking back, they've had films with at least one "famous" person. (Kristin Bell, John C. Reilly, Mandy Moore, etc.)

The 90s WDAS films had famous voices in every film, it really started with Aladdin but even Beauty and the Beast and Oliver and Company had famous voices and even earlier than that The Jungle Book which had Louis Prima and The Rescuers which had Bob Newhart and Eva Garbor

Edited by Jonwo

There is an open casting call for the role of Moana!

MOANA – (female, 14-18) Smart, passionate, and funny. Brave, inquisitive, and confident. A teenager who yearns for something more. Strong singing voice a must."

http://www.thecoconet.tv/cocoblog/open-casting-call-for-disneys-moana/

Wow, they are REALLY going for a younger actress to play Moana.

BTW: The animal sidekick is a pot-bellied pig! :D

They could've picked anyone from hollywood? Just a voice casting lol.

Music Composer Mark Mancina will do the score for this film

Music Composer Mark Mancina will do the score for this film

So will Phil Collins be coming back to do the songs then? ;)

Edited by Sir Tiki
1 person likes this

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bobby and Kristen Lopez are asked to do the songs for Moana or perhaps Alan Menken and Glenn Slater although I'd like to see them approach a different musical songwriting team like Tom Kitt and Brian Yorkey who have done recent musicals like Next to Normal and If/Then and are actually working with Disney on a stage musical version of Freaky Friday.

like what he did with Tarzan back in 1999

Doubt it. Disney seems to be looking for a Moana voice actress that can sing.

Hasn't Phil Collins retired, anyway? I thought I read his hearing loss had gotten so bad that he couldn't do studio work anymore.

1 person likes this