The Creator

4.9 "LegendFall"

Well as close to the top as you're ever gonna get now that we got our groove back :P

If last season was any indicator, you guys are all in trouble :lol: I had trouble getting into a comfortable stride at first, and when I got it I never lost it. (I think I was first for every game except for the second last one where I came in second) 

If last season was any indicator, you guys are all in trouble :lol: I had trouble getting into a comfortable stride at first, and when I got it I never lost it. (I think I was first for every game except for the second last one where I came in second) 

We know... Once you started you never stopped until you won Season 3...

Oh, wait...

4.9 "LegendFall" (cont.)

Acsc1312. The star player of Box Office Alliance. Season 1 and 2 semi-finalist. He may have fallen on some rough times after the surprises of Season 3, but he's still been present in more episodes than any other participant in the series. He's the only player to have made it all the way to the last episode of a season two seasons in a row. He's never won, nor has he ever been crowned Player of the Season, but he has the greatest longevity of any active member of the series.

And now he's gone. One Legend fallen. 

But there is one who has always been there for Acsc. Though rivals at first, the two became the most powerful allies a season later when they joined forces on "The Shadowkillers" and dominated to the very end, where they had to turn against each other in their finest moment. That moment was undoubtedly CEDAR's finest moment more than it was Acsc's, for it was there that CEDAR won and has earned his status as a Box Office Legend. Perhaps the most powerful of them all. Now certainly the most lethal.

DoctorWho made two grave mistakes last week. First, he eliminated Acsc in a Challenge. This provoked the anger that was building up within CEDAR, but at the time, CEDAR's anger targeted "The Equation Sensation" as that was the team that sent Acsc to his doom. And so, Doc made his second grave mistake by choosing to bind Numbers to his team...because Numbers was number one on CEDAR's hit list. Now the two most high priority targets for CEDAR are on the same team, side by side, and without Goffe's protect, Numbers is out in the open...and without his Legend chip anymore, Doc is exposed to the elements.

...and CEDAR has decided to activate his power chip against "The Earth Shakers" now instead, aiming to take out two birds with one stone.

CEDAR'S POWER CHIP: CEDAR possesses a Clean-Slate Chip. The use of it allows for him to wipe all the points of a team from existence...and leave them out in the open for someone else to grab (perhaps CEDAR himself). When CEDAR uses this chip, he will strike at a team in the attempt to erase all the points they have earned throughout the season...in Numbers' case, that's more than 50 points! Goffe stood in CEDAR's way from attacking "The Equation Sensation", but DoctorWho made it easy for CEDAR to touch Numbers. And Doc is CEDAR's second biggest foe at the moment, so the placement of the duo together works in CEDAR's favor. CEDAR...it's time to strike.

BUT...before CEDAR can fully activate his chip, he must overcome the failsafe that was built in to ensure CEDAR couldn't run rampant with too much power. The setback in CEDAR's Power Chip is a fine stipulation that CEDAR must first Challenge one or all of the members of the team he is trying to wipe clean and he must win that Challenge. After winning it, the chip is activated and that team loses all its points. If CEDAR loses, the chip loses some of its strength (whereas it can be used on all the members of a team, the second time around it could be used on only 1, and after two losses it's gone!). So if CEDAR loses this Challenge, he can try again next week, but the ramifications will be less severe. If CEDAR wins, however, then "The Earth Shakers" will have paid the next-to-ultimate price.

Here is your Challenge!

1. Predict Man of Steel's Wednesday gross

2. Predict This is the End's Wednesday per theater average

3. Predict Now You See Me's Wednesday gross as a percent of its Wednesday gross from last week (1.98 million)

DEADLINE: Thursday, June 20 at 5:00 a.m. Eastern (4:00 A.M. Central)

Team

Player

The Destroyers of Evil

Chasmmi

+48

+103

Alfred

+25

Spaghetti

+30

The Equation Sensation

Goffe

+45

+97

Jim Shorts

+46

SchumacherFTW

+6

The Earth Shakers

24Lost

+22

+94

+57

DoctorWho

+15

The Gold Seekers

ChFloppit

+32

+62

Jay Salahi

+30

The Shadowkillers

CEDAR

+23

+38

Riczhang

+15

Updated as of Game 4.9

To clarify Creator, CEDAR must beat the scores of every member on my team to acquire the entire team's points, yes? So therefore if one of the three has the best score, he loses? Or does he only lose if all three beat him (and if 1-2 beat him he simply doesn't succeed?)?

Edited by 4815162342

Well to be fair, you actually came in third there. I came in second.

...and it would've been first if that bloody Baumer had messed up on the question we all messed up on!

I would have liked it to be just me vs CEDAR, not the whole team, because I made the move that pissed him off, my team had no knowledge of what I planned. Of course if I were to lose, the effects were then applied to the whole team.

Edited by DoctorWho

I would have liked it to be just me vs CEDAR, not the whole team, because I made the move that pissed him off, my team had no knowledge of what I planned. Of course if I were to lose, the effects were then applied to the whole team.

Well CEDAR was originally going to use it on Equation Sensation against Numbers and Jim. He really just wanted it against Numbers...and you being Numbers' partner didn't help your case.

4.9 "LegendFall" (cont.)

CEDAR has chosen to activate his Legend Power Chip, known as a Clean-Slate Chip, against his enemies on "The Earth Shakers" - where both Numbers and Doc have joined forces. In this battle, the real victim is 24Lost, as he had nothing to do with CEDAR's loss last week. But sometimes the innocent suffer. Then again, maybe a retribution can be possible. 

Here are the stipulations. CEDAR was chosen to compete in a Challenge against one or multiple members of "The Earth Shakers". His objective was to score higher than them so that he could wipe their slate clean, thus taking all their points away. A harsh chip, but very effective, albeit it will not grant all the points to CEDAR...instead, the points will be left out in a playing field for anyone to grab, should the circumstances permit it. 

CEDAR's opponents were Numbers and DoctorWho, as 24Lost decided to abstain from this Challenge. Because both Numbers and DoctorWho entered, CEDAR would be facing two foes...which means that an average score would be taken. If CEDAR placed higher than that average, he would win. If he placed lower, "The Earth Shakers" will retain their points. Let's take a look, on a personal one-on-one basis (because this is the closest Challenge in the history of Box Office Alliance Challenges), to see how the players did:

First up, let's compare CEDAR and DoctorWho, as the two are the ones with the most predictability (Numbers, while great, is more of a wildcard since he has never been seen in a Challenge before). 

Question 1

CEDAR:

98.11%

DoctorWho:

98.72%

Doc has trumped his arch nemesis so far. But it's a close start.

Question 2

CEDAR:

97.78%

DoctorWho:

96.72%

And now CEDAR takes the upper hand with a current higher average. Question 3 will be the one that decides it all between these two.

Question 3

CEDAR:

96.94%

DoctorWho:

97.41%

This. Is. Close.

OVERALL AVERAGES

CEDAR:

97.61% (enticingly good)

DoctorWho:

97.62% (WTF!)

A mere 0.01% separates the two. If only DoctorWho had entered alone, then this would be a sure fire win for "The Earth Shakers" - albeit the closest ever. Never have I seen two contestants wind up so close in a Challenge before. But, now, it's up to Numbers to see if "The Earth Shakers" won. Numbers may have fumbled here, or then again, he may have widened the gap enough in "Earth Shakers'" favor. Let's see.

Numbers scored....

95.50%

FINAL AVERAGES

CEDAR:

97.61%

The Earth Shakers:

96.56%

What was done has been done. This could not have been avoided. Now it has happened, and CEDAR's power chip is used...and gone. But he still maintains Riczhang's, a far more lethal one than his own had been. This has been a twist of fate that neither Numbers nor DoctorWho could have avoided, but they have their shot at retribution. The points remain on the playing field, ready for someone to seize them.

The Challenge

"The Destroyers of Evil" won, so they chose who to send into this week's Challenge. Because immunities were sorted out prior to the results of the Power Chip Challenge, Numbers, 24Lost, and DoctorWho were each able to afford immunities using some of their points prior to losing them. The following players all purchased one immunity and will have 7 points deducted from their point tallies: CEDAR, Goffe, Riczhang, DoctorWho, Numbers, 24Lost, Jim, and Jay Salahi. Only two players did not purchase immunity, and thus are going into the Challenge. They are:

ChD and

Schumacher FTW

Here is your Challenge:

1. Predict Man of Steel's Thursday per theater average

2. Predict Now You See Me's Thursday gross

3. Predict This is the End's total gross through Thursday (including its Thurs gross)

DEADLINE: Friday, June 21 at 5:00 A.M. Eastern (4:00 A.M. Central)

OVERALL AVERAGES

CEDAR:

97.61% (enticingly good)

DoctorWho:

97.62% (WTF!)

A mere 0.01% separates the two. If only DoctorWho had entered alone, then this would be a sure fire win for "The Earth Shakers" - albeit the closest ever. Never have I seen two contestants wind up so close in a Challenge before. But, now, it's up to Numbers to see if "The Earth Shakers" won. Numbers may have fumbled here, or then again, he may have widened the gap enough in "Earth Shakers'" favor. Let's see.

Numbers scored....

95.50%

FINAL AVERAGES

CEDAR:

97.61%

The Earth Shakers:

96.56%

What was done has been done. This could not have been avoided. Now it has happened, and CEDAR's power chip is used...and gone. But he still maintains Riczhang's, a far more lethal one than his own had been. This has been a twist of fate that neither Numbers nor DoctorWho could have avoided, but they have their shot at retribution. The points remain on the playing field, ready for someone to seize them.

f00.gif