Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Neo

Aquaman | Dec 21 2018 | James Wan | Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, Patrick Wilson. Yahya Abdul-Mateen is Black Manta. Nicole Kidman joins. Dolph Lundgren joins - Drago vs Drogo.

635 posts in this topic

He can swim really really fast, has tough skin that can withstand bullets and telepathic communications with sea life.

12 minutes ago, Dragon said:

im here for diversity

Mera

gugu mbatha-raw

102714-celebs-Gugu-Mbatha-Raw.jpg

NOOOO!!!!! I want Gugu to be Vixen in either Suicide Squad 2 or a Birds of Prey movie!!! :)

Ocean Master is a really cool pick!

10 hours ago, Dragon said:

im here for diversity

Mera

gugu mbatha-raw

102714-celebs-Gugu-Mbatha-Raw.jpg

She's great but I think she would better suit a more light-hearted character like Bumblebee or Starfire ( a Latina Starfire would also be epic!) 

For Mera I nominate Nichole Galicia.

tumblr_mgh86klOYu1ruhizao2_400.jpg

1 person likes this

um sorry but she will be busy with the catching fire of the star wars ST!

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

Ocean Master is a really cool pick!

They are brother's right. Is it a good idea to pick him as a villian? Like Thor and Loki they'll be fighting like shit in this i guess. 

12 minutes ago, Ash said:

They are brother's right. Is it a good idea to pick him as a villian? Like Thor and Loki they'll be fighting like shit in this i guess. 

In the New 52, Aquaman eventually allows his brother to rule Atlantis provided he doesn't pose a threat to the surface world. Think of it as the consequences of no Odin-type figure to constantly vilify and tear down Loki.

Also, it is great that they are building Mera as a Furiosa-type. 

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Hidden Content

Also, it is great that they are building Mera as a Furiosa-type. 

Spoiler

Just before few days started reading the New 52 Aquaman,i'm at the trench conclusion now. I've never read comics in my life. So if it's not like Loki and thor we're good. Coz repeating the same would be like no good here. So aquaman finds his throne rules for sometime and then gives to Ocean master. 
And coming to Mera she does look to me as a furiosa type.

yep that's bkb's dupe

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, water said:

yep that's bkb's dupe

He even uses italics.

1 person likes this

Momoa and Heard leading a huge comic book movie... Hmm.

8 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Heard is an A list actress? lol

I don't mind Heard, but if it wasn't for her marriage to Johnny Depp, she'd probably be stuck on TV doing lifetime movies or something.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

At least they are not wasting a good actress. 

I have no strong feelings about Amber Heard one way or another, she has been decent in every movie I have seen her in, but she also brings with her a lot of tabloid scrutiny for sure.

I feel like Hollywood's been trying to make Amber Heard happen for a decade now.