Premium and Gold members please go to this thread:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24403-paid-perks/

Copper and Silver Accounts please PM me if you have paid past August 1st and care about the "Custom Avatar" (or really larger avatar) perk.

Neo

Aquaman | Dec 21 2018 | James Wan | Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, Patrick Wilson, Yahya Abdul-Mateen, Nicole Kidman. Dolph Lundgren joins - Drago vs Drogo. Filming has begun.

Kalo    7,289

Can't Wait! I always loved Aquaman! and his new 52 story is amazing! also shouldn't this be moved to the main box office discussion? 

Edited by KaloVisor

Heat Vision    4,660

Can't Wait! I always loved Aquaman! and his new 52 story is amazing! also shouldn't this be moved to the main box office discussion?

I hope they adapt the New 52 for the movies. New 52 Aquaman has been superb.

CJohn    47,206

I am actually curious to see this movie but Jason fucking Momoa? Fuck that dude, he is awful. 

Neo    10,726

Top 5 Picks For Aquaman Director

George Miller

Fedor Bondarchuk

Alex Proyas

Juan Antonio Bayona

Phil Lord & Chris Miller

Heat Vision    4,660

George Miller

Fedor Bondarchuk

Alex Proyas

Juan Antonio Bayona

Phil Lord & Chris Miller

George Miller and Alex Proyas would be ideal.

Heat Vision    4,660

George Miller

Fedor Bondarchuk

Alex Proyas

Juan Antonio Bayona

Phil Lord & Chris Miller

George Miller and Alex Proyas would be ideal.

grim22    51,680

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/20/jason-momoa-confirms-aquaman-for-justice-league-thinks-standalon/

In regards to his secrecy about the role, Momoa explained, “Listen, I was asked to play it. You know, you audition and stuff like that, but the fact is you’ve just got to keep it quiet. You know what I mean, I was just trying to respect Warner Bros. and everyone’s wishes. I’m really, really happy that I don’t have to be quiet anymore, because that’s really hard for me.”

Momoa added, “I don’t even know when we’re shooting yet, but it will be like 2016 or 2017, so there’s plenty of time.”

When asked if the fact that he started out in Marine Biology in college would help him with his Aquaman preparation to telepathically communicate with marine animals, Momoa said, “No, but I’ve rode some dolphins before, so I can pull on that.”

Momoa added, “Yeah, I did go to school for Marine Biology, but the cool thing is…the greatest thing for me is that Polynesians, our gods, Kahoali, Maui, all these water gods, so it’s really cool and a honor to be playing a [water] character. And there’s not too many brown superheroes, so I’m really looking forward to representing the Polynesians, the natives.”

Momoa continued, “My family are some of the greatest water men on earth. I’m not, but I’m going to go train with them. But it’s really an honor just being a Polynesian. And water is the most important thing in this world and we all know it. It’s cool be a part of DC’s universe. I’m really excited to be with Warner Bros., and hopefully everyone likes it. And Zack Snyder’s a genius, so I’m really excited to be hanging out with him.”

When asked if he had read Aquaman comics previously, Momoa said, “It’s really hard because you do these and they’re like, ‘Why’s he looking at Aquaman? Why’s he looking at this one?’ So you can’t really like research too much. When I was growing up, I really liked Spawn and Lobo. I read stuff like that. Lobo I was a big fan of. I didn’t read a lot of Aquaman, but I am now, and I will do the research.”

In regards to what he knew about the Aquaman solo movie, Momoa said, “I don’t know the director. I know about as much as you guys know. I know the Justice League will come first. That’s really what we’re going to focus on. I’m not sure if it will be [set] prior to Justice Leagueor post. I don’t know too much about it. It will probably be where he came from. It will probably be his whole origin story I would think…I mean I don’t even want to get quoted on this s***. So I know we’re going to do Justice League first.”

• Like 2

AdamKendall    2,551

George Miller

Fedor Bondarchuk

Alex Proyas

Juan Antonio Bayona

Phil Lord & Chris Miller

I'd prefer Phil Lord & Chris Miller for Flash or Shazam. 

• Like 1

DAR    29,827

Who are Fedor Bondarchuk or Juan Antonio Bayona?

I think they may go with somewhat of a name director since of all DC properties this one will likely have the biggest budget.

Neo    10,726

Who are Fedor Bondarchuk or Juan Antonio Bayona?

I think they may go with somewhat of a name director since of all DC properties this one will likely have the biggest budget.

Bigger than JL? Look at Guardians and The Avengers.

Spidey Freak    10,839

Alicia Vikander for Mera. And hopefully she is already Aquaman's queen like in the comics. I'm tired of blossoming romances in superhero movies. Get to the Before Midnight part already!

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1