Premium and Gold members please go to this thread:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24403-paid-perks/

Copper and Silver Accounts please PM me if you have paid past August 1st and care about the "Custom Avatar" (or really larger avatar) perk.

Neo

Aquaman | Dec 21 2018 | James Wan | Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, Patrick Wilson, Yahya Abdul-Mateen, Nicole Kidman. Dolph Lundgren joins - Drago vs Drogo. Filming has begun.

Jonwo    3,512

They should get Wes Bentley to play Orm.

I could see him in the role. Not sure if they have both Ocean Master and Black Manta in one film. Would save Black Manta for the sequel

grim22    51,680

Latinor Review (I know) reporting that Karl Urban is in talks for the villain (may be Ocean Master), and Jeff Nichols or Noam Murro will end up directing.

Jonwo    3,512

I guess Jeff Nichols is no longer attached. Wan have proven that he can do big budget with Fast 7 although I guess that means he's out of the running for Fast 8

grim22    51,680

I guess Jeff Nichols is no longer attached. Wan have proven that he can do big budget with Fast 7 although I guess that means he's out of the running for Fast 8

He is doing Midnight Special for WB, thinking that might be a test for him with a big budget movie before he gets attached to a DCE movie down the road.

Chriss    133

I also heard the John Wick directors are in talks. While I'd like that more, I wouldn't really mind James Wan doing it.

jandrew    21,606

So how are they gonna go about talking under water? Is it gonna just sound normal and we have to basically accept it as reality or they gonna talk telepathically or what? I don't care how they do it, just curious. I mean I watch Spongebob and he takes baths underwater, so I can't really nitpick here.

I would assume he either misremembered the information or had a slip of the tongue (or, the writer of the article made a mistake).

There's no way it shoots in 2018. Unless they are planning on pushing this back until November 2018 but haven't announced it?

Neo    10,726

I would assume he either misremembered the information or had a slip of the tongue (or, the writer of the article made a mistake).

There's no way it shoots in 2018. Unless they are planning on pushing this back until November 2018 but haven't announced it?

Even then wouldn't be ready.

Neo    10,726

If they were shooting very early 2018 they could have the movie out by the end of the year.

Pushing it. A movie this size needs a year+ to finish.

Pushing it. A movie this size needs a year+ to finish.

Well either way I think this is just a matter of someone made a slip somewhere, whether it's the information Momoa has, the reporter, or just Momoa getting in a muddle with things. :P

grim22    51,680

James Wan confirmed to direct: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-wan-closes-deals-direct-799686

James Wan has closed his deal to develop and direct Aquaman, Warner Bros.’ superhero movie that will star Jason Momoa and that is part of its DC Entertainment cinematic universe.

The moves clear up Wan’s post-Furious 7 future. The filmmaker became a hot property after his deft handling on the challenging production and after the movie became a runaway success, with over $1.4 billion in global box office receipts.

Wan is also committed to directing The Conjuring 2: The Endfield Experiment for New Line this fall and will likely be unavailable to tackle his next project until spring 2016.

Aquaman is looking like the first sea horse out of the gate as it's further along in the development process. Wan will also be overseeing the script's writing by scribe Kurt Johnstad. It’s a testament to the strength of the desire to work with Wan that both studios are willing to wait for him.

• Like 3