grey ghost

The Box Office Prospects of Flash and Wonder Woman movies

I think Wonder Woman would have huge interest from general audiences considering it would be the first film of the character, she's just as iconic as Superman and Batman so it'll get lots of attention which would drive Box office,

Edited by Jonwo

I'd say it really depends on how they sell them. If you look at the start of the Man of Steel thread you'll see expectations for it's box office were much lower than they were after the kick-ass marketing got under way.

I think Wonder Woman has the potential to do $200-250m if received well by audiences, Flash I would say $150-180m, $200m would be great but I think would need good WoM and reviews.Casting wise, I think WW and Flash should be played by unknown or semi known actors with a strong supporting cast, this would be mine for Both,Wonder Woman/Diana: Gemma Arterton or Emily BluntSteve Trevor: Ryan GoslingHippolyta: Cate Blanchett or Catherine Zeta JonesAres: Daniel CraigEtta Candy: Naomi HarrisFlash/Barry Allen: Charlie Hunnan or Garrett HedlundIris West: Brit MarlingMirror Master: Michael Pitt

Edited by Jonwo

Depends on the quality. Given WB’s track record with DC movies, I don’t expect either of them to be good at all, but if they can get the right people involved, maybe they can have a hit on their hands.

Though if we were being realistic, I think it’d go something like this.

Wonder Woman: Opening Weekend: 60 million, Domestic Gross: 130 million, Worldwide Gross: 300, Production Budget: 200 million

The Flash: Opening Weekend: 50 million, Domestic Gross: 100 million, Worldwide Gross: 230 million, Production Budget: 180 million

There's a script floating around Hollywood now that has Wonder Woman as a Kryptonian descendant who basically comes to the US and engages in a sort of Dark Knight-proportions battle with Maxwell Lord ending with him switching sides and forming justice league. Which certainly strays from comics, but also supposedly echoes the whole concept of the modern world being afraid of feminist themes. Can anybody think of how they'd tie it in as to before or after Superman arriving on Earth?

WB needs to grow a set and start using their damn properties.

The real problem is Marvel has it easy since their properties translate to films which appeal to modern audiences. Most of DC's heroes are throwbacks and while they seem to be having some success with this "New 52" modernizing/retconning, their characters still have nearly eight decades of baggage and most importantly, age. Show me a 75-80 year old actor or actress who appeals to the all important 18-25 demographic. They may have been able to make Superman somewhat relevant again, but doing that with Flash and especially Wonder Woman will not be so easy a task.

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™

The real problem is Marvel has it easy since their properties translate to films which appeal to modern audiences. Most of DC's heroes are throwbacks and while they seem to be having some success with this "New 52" modernizing/retconning, their characters still have nearly eight decades of baggage and most importantly, age. Show me a 75-80 year old actor or actress who appeals to the all important 18-25 demographic. They may have been able to make Superman somewhat relevant again, but doing that with Flash and especially Wonder Woman will not be so easy a task.

Flash is perfect for modern audiences and if Thor can be pulled off I don't see why Wonder Woman or even Aquaman can't. They simply don't have faith in their properties. Look what Marvel is doing with Guardians of the Galaxy. They are as D-List as it gets and they have a lot of fans hyped up for the movie already. WB doesn't even have the balls to make a Wonder Woman film who is DC's #3 A-Lister.

• Like 4

Such a shame the DC films we could have had right now, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, The Atom, Captain Marvel, Lobo, Zatanna, Etrigan, The New Gods, Metamorpho, Booster Gold, Plastic Man, Dr. Fate, The Spectre, Blue Beetle, B'wana Beast, Animal Man, Stick Man, Runs and Soils Himself Man... you get the point!Warner Brothers is wasting away a gold mine (maybe that's a good thing, given their track record).

And how many DC comic books have you read?

I think out of all the DC Properties Wonder Women has the most potential to be big,  and there is talk about her needed her own film everywhere, if done right and advertised right I think it could hit $250m. I could see Flash hitting around $200m.

• Like 1

I think WB should make a Trinity movie after Batman/Superman. The film will focus mostly on Wonder Woman and Ares as the villain.

I like that premise heat vision :D.. I hope they go with the trinity actually in MOS2 :).Then

iintroduce individual Movies. Im one of the few that think both Wonderwoman  and Flash

have huge 250-350+Mil potential, depending the people and actors brought aboard.

I mean Supermans reboot after SR let folks down, actually surpassed Spidey domestically! and almost won

worldwide. Had they gone with a better villain Supes could have been a billion dollar film. :)

MOS 2 could push the max box office even further for comic movies after the incredible Avengers.

Exciting times. No way a new WW film makes 130mil domestic, Shes been anticipated for too long.. They do

it well WW will be huge.. I say pay James Cameron anything he wants and let him do your films.

Even partner with Fox, if James has any problems doing projects outside of Fox studios right now.

Thanks to his huge Avatar and Battle Angel Deals. :)

• Like 2