grey ghost

When should WB reboot Batman and Green Lantern

Have Batman show up in some way in the next Superman film, then you go right to the JLA film, no solo Batman film until after JLA, too close to Nolan's take on the character.

• Like 2

Wonder Woman - 2015 Winter

Man of Steel - 2016 Summer

Flash - 2016 Winter

Batman - 2017 Summer

Aquaman - 2017 Winter

Justice League - 2018 Summer

I know mine is all bullshit its just i would prefer for them to go slow. 

Problem with rebooting GL is that the 2011 version is still fresh in people's mines-remember that Hulk's reboot didn't do exactly as well as people thought it would because of the 2003 version.Batman-hopefully not for a while.

Have Batman show up in some way in the next Superman film, then you go right to the JLA film, no solo Batman film until after JLA, too close to Nolan's take on the character.

That takes the anticipation away from Batman appearing with the Justice League.If people enjoy the Batman reboot they'll go bananas when they find out that version of Batman will team up with Superman in a Justice League movie.But if he just pops up in the Justice League movie there's no more build up than X-men had. Warner Bros can't emulate Avengers' success without building up anticipation with solo projects.

GL can be done after JLA as well, it`s really the only way to go with that character, more so if they use RR again.

They should start fresh IMO.That means no Hal Jordan and definitely no Ryan Reynolds.You want to distance the reboot from the first GL movie.They didn't use Brandon Routh for MOS, did they?

That takes the anticipation away from Batman appearing with the Justice League.If people enjoy the Batman reboot they'll go bananas when they find out that version of Batman will team up with Superman in a Justice League movie.But if he just pops up in the Justice League movie there's no more build up than X-men had. Warner Bros can't emulate Avengers' success without building up anticipation with solo projects.

How do you do a Batman reboot so close to the Nolan trilogy?  $2.4 Billion in WW B.O., many people have that set in their mind's for who this character is, I say just let it be for now.  What's the right number of years before you do it, 3, 4, 5,6? 

JLA makes the most sense to bring in Batman, they gave a quick nod that Bruce Wayne does exist in this MOS world, so why not have Batman be seen in the MOS sequel and then show up full-time in JLA and spin him off after that?  That makes more sense to me rather than re-telling his origin again and going forward after the 3 great films we just got about this character.

GL I can agree with you about as the take in 2011 was a failure in many, many, many ways, if you change who the GL character is (No Hal Jordan) you can easily get that going with a new cast.

No Routh was not used for the MOS film, but it also took 7 years to get back to the big screen (2006-2013) so going by what you are saying, we won't see a Batman or GL solo flim for 7 years  ;)

How do you do a Batman reboot so close to the Nolan trilogy?  $2.4 Billion in WW B.O., many people have that set in their mind's for who this character is, I say just let it be for now.  What's the right number of years before you do it, 3, 4, 5,6? 

JLA makes the most sense to bring in Batman, they gave a quick nod that Bruce Wayne does exist in this MOS world, so why not have Batman be seen in the MOS sequel and then show up full-time in JLA and spin him off after that?  That makes more sense to me rather than re-telling his origin again and going forward after the 3 great films we just got about this character.

GL I can agree with you about as the take in 2011 was a failure in many, many, many ways, if you change who the GL character is (No Hal Jordan) you can easily get that going with a new cast.

No Routh was not used for the MOS film, but it also took 7 years to get back to the big screen (2006-2013) so going by what you are saying, we won't see a Batman or GL solo flim for 7 years  ;)

To put it simply..

The Marvel formula works.

If you introduced the Avenger characters in the first Avengers movie the movie would've been lucky to make half what it did.

The solo movies would've been redundant spin offs and would've also made much less.

Watching a Batman reboot after a Justice League movie he starred in has no build up for either film. It's just a waste of box office potential and cultural impact that ends up ruining the prospects of an ever-expanding cinematic DC universe.

Edited by grey ghost

How about no batman in the first justice league film?

Interesting proposition.

You give the reboot more time to develop and you get the essential build up leading to Justice League 2.

I think that solution satisfies everyone.

If they want a Justice League film by Summer 2017 I don't think they can fit in a Batman reboot because it'd be so soon.

Earliest date for a Batman reboot should be July 2017 (the five-year gap).