Impact

Grace of Monaco | It will be airing on Lifetime May 25

Thought there was a thread already!

Well here it is!

Kidman does seem good for the part of Grace, who probably was one of the most beautiful women ever. Which if she gets nominated and wins she will only be the 2nd person to win a Oscar for playing a Oscar winner (The other being Hepburn)

Thing about Kidman is she seems classy-something missing from most actresses now.

Anyway-it has a nice release date-same as SLP, The Artist and King's Speech!

So based off of those films-small opening but a really nice run.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

The thing I still can't believe regarding this movie is that Uday Chopra is a producer on a Hollywood movie. I really hope this one doesn't make an Oscar run for Best Picture, the last thing the world needs is the fact that Uday Chopra is an Oscar winner.

For some context on who Uday Chopra is: http://heartranjan.wordpress.com/2012/08/13/the-curious-case-of-uday-chopra/

• Like 1

Well more stuff I can add to my useless and obscure trivia knowledge I seem to have :P (Yeah people seem to like to ask me for that type of stuff :P)

Now based off what people have done-tons of Oscar winners started out low :lol:

• Like 1

Kind of unsure of what they are saying in that article....they hate him for dating some lady?

The website and article is satire, the point is that Uday Chopra keeps surviving in the Hindi movie industry despite having almost no talent. Uday Chopra is the son of a leading Indian producer (who passed away last year), he basically sucks at acting, and he tried his hand at animation movies and script writing and failed in both those endeavors. Now he is producing movies by himself. Let's see how this works out for him.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

And who knows maybe he will finally find the correct field.

Well, you never know. After watching "Pyaar Impossible" and "Neal n' Nikki" I really hope he stays off screen apart from for the "Dhoom" series. Think of the Dhoom series as the "Fast & Furious" movies of India - fast bikes, bank robbers, cops, stylish attire, slo-mo, stupid stunts and exotic locations.

His brother is probably the best producer in India (neck and neck with UTV Pictures), a movie from their production house always has the best presentation and production values and most of the time make a lot of money in India and abroad since they have the best actors available clamoring to work with them.

Here is a good profile for Yash Chopra: http://www.upperstall.com/people/yash-chopra

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Thought there was a thread already!Well here it is!Kidman does seem good for the part of Grace, who probably was one of the most beautiful women ever. Which if she gets nominated and wins she will only be the 2nd person to win a Oscar for playing a Oscar winner (The other being Hepburn)Thing about Kidman is she seems classy-something missing from most actresses now.Anyway-it has a nice release date-same as SLP, The Artist and King's Speech!So based off of those films-small opening but a really nice run.

You mean blanchett for playing Hepburn?
  • Like 1

Harvey always cuts every movie. His minimum requirement is said to be 20 minutes of cut even before he has watched the movie.

Edit - Here is an article from grantland.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9792782/does-harvey-weinstein-help-hurt-movies

No one seems to know who first coined the phrase "Harvey Scissorhands," the shorthand for Miramax cofounder and current Weinstein Company boss Harvey Weinstein that stems from his notorious tendency to require movies he's produced or acquired to be shortened, re-scored, and/or fundamentally restructured to his liking for theatrical release. The phrase apparently emerged out of the ether and became common parlance sometime after a Village Voice article cited the cuts made to early Miramax successes like The Thin Blue Line and Scandal. As many have noted, unusually severe editing has been a signature of Harvey Weinstein's work ever since the first Miramax hit he had a hand in shaping, 1982's The Secret Policeman's Other Ball, a 90-minute concert film spliced together from footage shot at two different Amnesty International benefits. Harvey himself has suggested that his knife-handed alter ego was born out of sour grapes; as he told Rolling Stone in 1997, "Harvey Scissorhands was a comment by our competition to say, 'Hey, filmmakers, don't go there, it's a scary place — they'll hurt your movie.'" But according to producer Stephen Woolley, quoted in Peter Biskind's 2004 American indie-film exposé, Down and Dirty Pictures, Weinstein embraces the legend. "I don't think Harvey for one minute sees it as being derogatory or negative, because he got results from doing it. 'Harvey Scissorhands' is a compliment."

He also had gotten out his checkbook — and had agreed to give Thornton final cut — before he finished watching the movie. The very next day, feeling a wave of overspender's panic if not flat-out buyer's remorse, Harvey tried to rescind this untested director's final cut and asked Thornton to cut 20 minutes. Thornton refused, so Weinstein refused to accept delivery of the film — and thus refused to pay for it — until the running time was truncated. According to Elwes, at one point Weinstein called Thornton at home in the middle of the night, and the following exchange ensued:

HARVEY: I'm a big, fat, hairy Jew worth $180 million and I can do whatever I want! I'm gonna sell the picture to HBO. You're not gonna get a Best Picture.

BILLY BOB: Ah don't give a sheet. Ah made the movie fo' me, not fo' anyone else, ah've seen it and I've enjoyed it, so fuck yuh. Ah'm going to stick a fork in yo' neck, motherfucka. Yuh not so tough, ah'm Billy Bob, ah'm gonna kick yuh ass, take yuh out to the wagon and whup your butt!

HARVEY: You're a redneck, an ignorant piece of shit!

BILLY BOB: Ah'm gonna cut off a horse's head and put it in yuh bed.

HARVEY: This is because I'm Jewish, right? Tell the truth, Billy.

This is about as convivial as threatening banter between two self-loathing narcissists gets, no? In the end, Thornton wouldn't budge.

Read the full article. It is amazing.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9792782/does-harvey-weinstein-help-hurt-movies

Edited by TLK
  • Like 1

At least Harvey is not a two-faced hypocrite douche, like 95% of people in Hollywood where you get stabbed in the back but you never know who held the knife.

That s why Jlaw is so in love with him. No bullshit.

She is in love with him because he helped her get an Oscar. Truth.

• Like 1

No theatrical release, will air on Lifetime instead: http://variety.com/2015/film/news/grace-of-monaco-lifetime-nicole-kidman-1201467947/

Nicole Kidman’s troubled Grace Kelly biopic “Grace of Monaco” is skipping a theatrical release and will be airing on Lifetime May 25, the network announced on Tuesday.

The drama opened the Cannes Film Festival in May to mostly negative reviews, with Variety‘s Scott Foundas calling it a “cornball melodrama.” The film was plagued by drama onscreen and off, with The Weinstein Co. originally making a $5 million deal to acquire U.S. rights to the $35 million production.