AniNate

Pixels | Chris Columbus | July 24, 2015 | Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage

July 24th, not June

Hmm... misread that. July 24th seems like an okay date in that case, it will get summer weekdays but the release calendar looks overstuffed right now.

July (Details)

• Terminator: Genisys (Par.) - 7/1

• Magic Mike 2 (WB) - 7/3

• Minions (Uni.) - 7/10

• Ant-Man (BV) - 7/17

• Untitled Peter Pan Adventure (WB) - 7/17

• Pixels (Sony) - 7/24

• Poltergeist (2015) (Fox) - 7/24

• Trainwreck (Uni.) - 7/24

• Grimsby (Sony) - 7/31

• Paper Towns (Fox) - 7/31

August (Details)

• Assassin's Creed (Fox) - 8/7

• Goosebumps (Sony) - 8/7

• Point Break (2015) (WB) - 8/7

• Straight Outta Compton (Uni.) - 8/14

• Untitled Armored Car Project (Rela.) - 8/14

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

Don't knock on Terry Crews. He's hilarious on Brooklyn Nine Nine. Some of Sandler's mainstays are just worse than he is, but others, like Crews and Rock, are potentially funnier people just wasted on useless and embarrassing roles, which is the fault of Sandler.Sandler should have picked someone else to be the President, though.

Agreed. Someone like Will Ferrell or Mark Wahlberg as the president would have been nice. Glad Sony moved this far away from Avengers 2, Mad Max 4 and TomorrowlandI was expecting June 26 since Ted 2 is an R rated comedy while Pixels is a crowd pleasing PG/PG-13 throwback to the 80s (from the premise). Terminator and Magic Mike 2 are adult-skewing which would give Pixels some of that family moolah over 4th of July Would love to see Adam Sandler make a comeback with this, the Tom McCarthy and Jason Reitman dramedies, maybe some sort of role in a QT, a supporting role in a major tentpole, after seeing GOTG, I could have seen Sandler as Rocket), and Three Missisippi (pits him and Will Ferrell or Jim Carrey against each other)
  • Like 1

Hmm... misread that. July 24th seems like an okay date in that case, it will get summer weekdays but the release calendar looks overstuffed right now.

July (Details)

Terminator: Genisys (Par.) - 7/1

Magic Mike 2 (WB) - 7/3

Minions (Uni.) - 7/10

Ant-Man (BV) - 7/17

Untitled Peter Pan Adventure (WB) - 7/17

Pixels (Sony) - 7/24

Poltergeist (2015) (Fox) - 7/24

Trainwreck (Uni.) - 7/24

Grimsby (Sony) - 7/31

Paper Towns (Fox) - 7/31

August (Details)

Assassin's Creed (Fox) - 8/7

Goosebumps (Sony) - 8/7

Point Break (2015) (WB) - 8/7

Straight Outta Compton (Uni.) - 8/14

Untitled Armored Car Project (Rela.) - 8/14

Goosebumps should move to October 30th if Pixels is taking July 24th. Grimsby then takes August 7th.

Pan jumps to June 26th again. Monster Trucks moves to August. Reese Witherspoon's new comedy moves to April. Pitch Perfect 2 takes May 8th. Point Break opens Labor Day weekend. Train wreck opens July 17th.

Summer 2015 does look a bit lop sided, but some spreading around could fix that.

• Like 1

July (Details)

• Terminator: Genisys (Par.) - 7/1

• Magic Mike 2 (WB) - 7/3

• Minions (Uni.) - 7/10

• Ant-Man (BV) - 7/17

• Untitled Peter Pan Adventure (WB) - 7/17

• Pixels (Sony) - 7/24

• Poltergeist (2015) (Fox) - 7/24

• Trainwreck (Uni.) - 7/24

• Grimsby (Sony) - 7/31

• Paper Towns (Fox) - 7/31

August (Details)

• Assassin's Creed (Fox) - 8/7

• Goosebumps (Sony) - 8/7

• Point Break (2015) (WB) - 8/7

• Straight Outta Compton (Uni.) - 8/14

• Untitled Armored Car Project (Rela.) - 8/14

Im sure there is gonna be more release date changes. No way does Trainwreck and Grimsby stay where they are, both are probably gonna be r-rated/adult comedies going after the same demographic. One is moving to August for sure (probably Grimsby). I think a comedy can be released at the beginning of the July, there is room for it. Pixels and Trainwreck dont have to open on the same weekend, one of them should move to it. 

Also i think WB should move the new Pan film to another date, Minions will be the go-to family film of July,plus Ant-Man. its totally gonna get killed if it stays where it is now. I say move Pan to July 31 or August 14  There isnt a major tentpole in August at the moment.

One of Assassin's Creed and/or Point Break will have to move from that August 7 date, makes no sense to open two major action films on the same weekend. 

i would schedule it like this:

July 1-3

Terminator: Geniysis

Magic Mike 2

Trainwreck

July 10

Minions

July 17

Ant-man

July 24

Pixels

Poltergeist

July 31

Untitled Peter Pan 

Point Break

Paper Towns

Aug 7

Assassin's Creed

Grimsby

-Move Goosebumps to either Aug 14 (to give it pace from Peter Pan movie) or Oct 23. to get that Halloween money.

Edited by babz06
  • Like 1

Agreed. Someone like Will Ferrell or Mark Wahlberg as the president would have been nice.Glad Sony moved this far away from Avengers 2, Mad Max 4 and TomorrowlandI was expecting June 26 since Ted 2 is an R rated comedy while Pixels is a crowd pleasing PG/PG-13 throwback to the 80s (from the premise). Terminator and Magic Mike 2 are adult-skewing which would give Pixels some of that family moolah over 4th of JulyWould love to see Adam Sandler make a comeback with this, the Tom McCarthy and Jason Reitman dramedies, maybe some sort of role in a QT, a supporting role in a major tentpole, after seeing GOTG, I could have seen Sandler as Rocket), and Three Missisippi (pits him and Will Ferrell or Jim Carrey against each other)

I'd prefer to see Sandler vs. Ferrell. Bit iffy on Carrey lately, even though Dumb and Dumber To is on the way.

• Like 2

By the hand of  Tyrion Lannister of course.

I gotta say, in spite of me being done with Happy Madison, the ratio of Sandler cronies to non-Sandler actors is refreshingly low. I *might* just check this out.

However, I'm a member of the #DontKillSeanBean campaign so I would object to seeing another death from him. :lol:

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 2

I gotta say, in spite of me being done with Happy Madison, the ratio of Sandler cronies to non-Sandler actors is refreshingly low. I *might* just check this out.

However, I'm a member of the #DontKillSeanBean campaign so I would object to seeing another death from him. 

I wouldn't really call Kevin James a crony... they didn't start working together until Chuck and Larry. You're only a Sandler crony if his movies are the only thing you ever appear in  :D

Tim Meadows, Buscemi these days, Nick Swardson, Allen Covert, Kevin Nealon, David Spade (non TV-wise), Rob Schneider - all they have done over the past decade for the most part is appear in Sandler-led films. 

Kevin James had Hitch, Barnyard, Paul Blart (Adam Sandler produced it but never appeared in it), The Dilemma, and Here Comes the Boom. Although I will agree he has appeared in quite a few. 

I'm actually expecting this to be well done... a lot more going for it than I thought 

• Like 1

I wouldn't really call Kevin James a crony... they didn't start working together until Chuck and Larry. You're only a Sandler crony if his movies are the only thing you ever appear in  :D Tim Meadows, Buscemi these days, Nick Swardson, Allen Covert, Kevin Nealon, David Spade (non TV-wise), Rob Schneider - all they have done over the past decade for the most part is appear in Sandler-led films. Kevin James had Hitch, Barnyard, Paul Blart (Adam Sandler produced it but never appeared in it), The Dilemma, and Here Comes the Boom. Although I will agree he has appeared in quite a few. I'm actually expecting this to be well done... a lot more going for it than I thought

You don't have to *only* appear in Sandler/Happy Madison films to be considered one of his cronies. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't consider Kevin James to be one of his cronies. Most of what Kevin James appears in is Happy Madison stuff these days. Here Comes the Boom was Happy Madison as well.
  • Like 1