AniNate

Pixels | Chris Columbus | July 24, 2015 | Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage

I'll give credit to Just Go With It for one thing. It managed to make a convincing case for Sandler and Aniston as a palpable romantic pairing. It was certainly more convincing than Sandler and Barrymore in Blanded. Other than that, Just Go With It featured plenty of wrongdoings, notably Nick Swardson as someone who needed continual punches to the face.

At least GA reception to Sandler's movies often mirrors ours, it's not like this is a Michael Bay situation where everyone BUT the GA seems to hate him. It's just that Sandler doesn't know when to quit, and Sony keeps bankrolling him. Again, there were mid-level execs at Sony complaining about the studio's sweetheart relationship with Sandler. It was a great thing when audiences were going along with it, yes, but now, not so much.

If this movie doesn't do well, I wonder if Tom Rothman will look at the dwindling numbers and decide maybe it's not such a good idea to keep doing this, the way Lone Ranger caused Alan Horn took a good hard look at how much leeway Disney had been giving Bruckheimer.

Honestly, I have no opinion of Sandler other than he doesn't make me laugh anymore.

Edited by TServo2049

Believe it or not, Pixels is one of the best Adam Sandler films according to RT.

Most Adam Sandler films get way more critic hate then they should, especially his past work, but for his movies since Grown Ups it's very deserved. What happened to the Billy Madison, Waterboy, Mr. Deeds and Happy Gilmore Adam Sandler? I want that guy back.

• Like 2

Most Adam Sandler films get way more critic hate then they should, especially his past work, but for his movies since Grown Ups it's very deserved. What happened to the Billy Madison, Waterboy, Mr. Deeds and Happy Gilmore Adam Sandler? I want that guy back.

Gotten old and lazy, which is probably why he'll never do that movie with Will Ferrell he was supposed to do.

90s Adam Sandler is currently on the same planet where the aliens took 70s/early-80s George Lucas, Thriller-era Michael Jackson, R-rated Eddie Murphy, and so on.

The only person they've ever returned is non-mocap-obsessed Robert Zemeckis.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Gotten old and lazy, which is probably why he'll never do that movie with Will Ferrell he was supposed to do.

I feel like I'm one of the few people who doesn't like Will Ferrell, so that doesn't disappoint me that much.

I feel like I'm one of the few people who doesn't like Will Ferrell, so that doesn't disappoint me that much.

Ferrell would at least challenge Sandler, unlike Kevin James who's forever chained up in Sandler's basement and resorted himself to fat guy falls down.

Edited by Jay Daddeezy