AniNate

Pixels | Chris Columbus | July 24, 2015 | Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage

Genuinely don't understand why, outside of hating anything Sandler, critics attacked this with such venom. Yes it was flawed, Dinklage had some real crap to say, and they criminally wasted Jane Krakowski, but it's a lot of fun and doesn't take itself too seriously. Insane stuff.

There's your answer.

That and I have a hunch that internet critics disliked the use of their childhood nostalgia to sell a Sandler vehicle.

When is Sorry the game being greenlit?

How about Hungry Hungry Hippo?

Snakes and Ladders?

When my friend and I first heard there was going to be a Battleship movie, we asked the same questions.

We had an entertainingly stupid script idea worked out for Sorry.  Something to do with gladiator teams of guys wearing color coordinated shirts, sliding around on slippery catwalks, occasionally bumping into competitors and sending them falling to their doom.  Just terrible! 

First Blended, now this. No longer listening to critics (or yall) when it comes to Sandler. Obviously not a great movie, but it was fun. Me and the gf Redboxed it a few evenings ago and we both had a solid time. I told her beforehand "just letting you know now, thisll probably suck", and afterward she was like "I thought you said it was gonna be bad?..."

Honestly my biggest problem with Pixels, with or without Sandler, is the wasted potential. Felt like they took the easy road with this movie, couldve been the next '07 Transformers. Alot in Pixels doesn't make sense, but I laughed and the action was fun. "So we blow up Google!"

If you're not gonna watch this movie, at least watch the Pacman scene. That was very fun and original. This shouldve featured more Tetris though. Solid "C."