The Creator

4.13 "Rejuvenation"

Progress. Progress. Progress.

4.13 "Rejuvenation"

DEADLINE: FRIDAY, July 12 at 8:00 P.M. Eastern (7:00 P.M. Central)

1. Predict Grown Up 2's Sunday per theater average as a percent of its Friday per theater average (e.g. $5000 pta Sunday would be 50% of $10,000 pta Friday)

2. Predict the difference between Pacific Rim's combined Friday and Saturday gross and its Sunday gross (i.e. add its Friday and Saturday gross then subtract its Sunday gross)

3. Predict Despicable Me 2's Sunday percent drop

4. Predict the difference in The Heat's Saturday gross this week and its Saturday gross last week

5. Predict Monsters University's weekend percent drop

4.13 "Rejuvenation"

Jim leans over the fallen Goffe as he lies dying. Goffe gives him something, a small token...something secretive. Jim doesn't even know what it is. Perhaps it is the last memory of Goffe, a Legend fallen. A Legend who still had one last token to play. Now Jim holds on to the token, not knowing the extent of what it can do. But it glows for him, eager...anticipating. There is a heavy pull, a gravitational tugging as another such token is nearby, and the conflicting polar forces are at play.

But as Goffe dies, a force field crumbles, the sonic boom of it deafening. At last, the shield has come down. The force of Goffe's points flooding in to a different player, a risen Legend, is shuddering. Acsc stands, mounting that force...and he retrieves Goffe's points. But it is Jim who takes on that token, and Jim looks across the way at Acsc as he stands there, absorbing Goffe's points, a new found power rushing in to him. Immune. Acsc is immune. He cannot be touched. Not with that many points. ...and Jim knows it. He knows he cannot avenge Goffe by targeting Acsc. He knows he can only sit...and wait...wait with that token. The token just keeps glowing, ready...poised. Like Jim. The Avenger.

Tucking the token away (the weight of it nearly dragging him down), Jim steps up to his challenge. He removes his immunity and walks in. And he wins it. The fate of his opponent lies in his hands. Jim holds the token Goffe relinquished to him, debating what to do. Thrice he turns it over in his hands, contemplating. Finish him? Like this...in cold blood. Someone who isn't even on Jim's hit list? Or is everyone on the hit list? 

Jim takes in his victim. He can end him now. One less contender for victory. And it wouldn't even phase him. He'd still have the big guys to go up against...but he could save them for tomorrow. When they let their shields down. If he finishes one of the lesser threats off now, then he won't have to worry about him later. But if he doesn't finish him now, he could use him to help bring down one of the top dogs. A sacrifice play to be made, and Jim must make the call. 

But who is his victim?

4.13 "Rejuvenation" (cont)

It is Spaghetti.

A most unexpected victim here. All immunities were handled, and each of the following purchased 2 immunities, totaling 16 points a piece: Spaghetti, Alfred, Chasmmi, Acsc1312, and Jay Salahi. But Spaghetti ranked highest on the list and was therefore the next candidate to go in, even after buying that many immunities. And so he went in against Jim Shorts. But he did not answer the Challenge questions and would therefore under normal circumstances be eliminated. But these are hardly normal circumstances. Jim Shorts has the deciding hands here. He can cast Spaghetti to his doom now, or use him for his own benefit later. Jim can place Spaghetti into his debt for the remainder of the season, or until Spaghetti pays it off, in the following way: should Jim be up for a Challenge for which he is unwitting to perform, he will send Spaghetti in his stay. 

Or he could choose now to eliminate Spaghetti, who scored 0% on the Challenge last week. Then there would only be 9 contestants, which means only 8 enemies instead of 9 for Jim to beat. Spaghetti is a strong player, but he's not a top dog like CEDAR or Numbers, and he's not a big enemy like Acsc who Jim wants to see dead before this is over. Dead and buried this time. The choice, however, remains Jim's.

But know this. The winners this week are in for a treat. Or, that is to say, they will be the only ones spared of a tragic doom that is coming. This week will mark a number of deaths. Spaghetti may just be the first, and even if he does survive here...he may die later in the week in the bloodbath Challenge that is coming. But the winning team will arrange that bloodbath, and they shall alone be immune from it. 

Now, who is that winning team? Let's find out now!

The Destroyers of Evil

Alfred: 84.65% +5 (+2 2nd team, +1 80%+, +1 highest Question 1, +1 highest Question 4)

Chasmmi: 87.71% +5 (+1 3rd individual, +2 2nd team, +2 85%+)

Spaghetti: 86.18% +4 (+2 2nd team, +2 85%+)

AVG: 86.18% +14

The Equation Sensation

Jim Shorts: 83.80% +11 (+1 80%+, +1 highest Question 3, +1 highest Question 5, +8 won Challenge 12)

The Gold Seekers

Acsc1312: 83.62% +91 (+1 80%, +1 3rd team, +10 won Challenge 11, +79 absorbs Goffe's points)

Jay Salahi: 87.26% +4 (+2 85%+, +1 3rd team, +1 highest Question 2)

AVG: 85.44% +95

The Shadowkillers

4815162342: 87.95% +10 (+5 highest individual, +3 1st team, +2 85%+)

CEDAR: 87.56% +5 (+3 1st team, +2 85%+)

Riczhang: 87.95% +10 (+5 highest individual, +3 1st team, +2 85%+)

AVG: 87.82% +25

And so it was, once again, "The Shadowkillers" who came out on top. With the backing of CEDAR, the most devoutly powerful Legend of the season, it should be no surprise the team is on a winning steak. But the stand out player of the team is not the two former Legends CEDAR or Riczhang, but rather 4815162342, a.k.a. Numbers. Numbers consistently finishes first on the team, outpeforming CEDAR even. Numbers' skill this season rivals Totem's of past seasons and surely proves he deserves the Legend status as much as his fellow Shadowkillers...more so than some of the other Legends in fact. Numbers has certainly earned his name in the Box Office Alliance Hall of Fame, and so I am hereby declaring that he is the first official nominee for this season's Player of the Season. For those who are new, know that the Player of the Season award is the most prestigious award I can bestow upon a player in this game. Prior winners include CEDAR, Totem, and Baumer. 

Anyways, now "The Shadowkillers" are safe this week. But everyone else is in danger...and this week's Challenge will have more than one elimination. Dun dun dun dun.

Team

Player

The Shadowkillers

+27

+106

CEDAR

+35

Riczhang

+44

The Gold Seekers

Acsc1312

+88

+94

Jay Salahi

+6

The Destroyers of Evil

Chasmmi

+38

+90

Alfred

+12

Spaghetti

+40

The Equation Sensation

Jim Shorts

+42

+42

Updated as of Game 4.13

If this battle with Spaghetti had occurred a few weeks earlier, it would have been a no brainer to keep him around in my debt, but at this point of the game, Spaghetti is too strong a player to keep around.  Spaghetti, sorry, but you must go.

Cold, real cold. 

And I have a feeling Jim is going in to The Challenge this week. Spaghetti would have gone in for him.

Then again, The Avenger doesn't seem to care if he goes in or not at this point. And he'd be guaranteed to go up against at least one Legend, I'm sure. Alfred is next on the chopping block. 

If this battle with Spaghetti had occurred a few weeks earlier, it would have been a no brainer to keep him around in my debt, but at this point of the game, Spaghetti is too strong a player to keep around.  Spaghetti, sorry, but you must go.

No :(

The Destroyers of Evil

Alfred: 84.65% +5 (+2 2nd team, +1 80%+, +1 highest Question 1, +1 highest Question 4)

Chasmmi: 87.71% +5 (+1 3rd individual, +2 2nd team, +2 85%+)

Spaghetti: 86.18% +4 (+2 2nd team, +2 85%+)

AVG: 86.18% +14

The Equation Sensation

Jim Shorts: 83.80% +11 (+1 80%+, +1 highest Question 3, +1 highest Question 5, +8 won Challenge 12)

The Gold Seekers

Acsc1312: 83.62% +91 (+1 80%, +1 3rd team, +10 won Challenge 11, +79 absorbs Goffe's points)

Jay Salahi: 87.26% +4 (+2 85%+, +1 3rd team, +1 highest Question 2)

AVG: 85.44% +95

The Shadowkillers

4815162342: 87.95% +10 (+5 highest individual, +3 1st team, +2 85%+)

CEDAR: 87.56% +5 (+3 1st team, +2 85%+)

Riczhang: 87.95% +10 (+5 highest individual, +3 1st team, +2 85%+)

AVG: 87.82% +25

I thought you told that acsc, CEDAR and riczhang were all eliminated. And what does this mean?

I thought you told that acsc, CEDAR and riczhang were all eliminated. And what does this mean?

I think even in this game it would be a harsh controversy to eliminate two members of the week's winning team.

I am just shocked I may make the top 8. I am also wondering when old Doc Who returns

Edited by chasmmi

tumblr_mpztrhYZzn1swl9p4o1_250.gif