Dilusha Bandara

DC CINEMATIC UNIVERSE : PHASE ONE

Phase 1:

2005: Batman Begins

2006: Superman Returns

2008: The Dark Knight

2009: Superman Returns Again

2010: Wonder Woman (written by Joss Whedon)

2011: Green Lantern (only not crappy)

2012: The Dark Knight Rises

2013: Justice League: The Movie

Oh wait, that's how they would have done Phase 1 if WB had any brains (or a time machine to predict TA's success).

They made over 2B thanks to Nolan. So I think WB is pretty happy with how things are going. 

• Like 1

DCMU Lineup (so far):

2013 - Man of Steel

2016 - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

2016 - Suicide Squad

2017 - Wonder Woman

2017 - Justice League: Part One

2018 - The Flash

2018 - Aquaman

2019 - Shazam

2019 - Justice League: Part Two

2020 - Cyborg

2020 - Green Lantern

I guess one could consider everything up to JL: P2 Phase 1 and Part 2 begins Phase 2 which might include a solo Batman movie.

Edited by The Movieman
  • Like 1

I was hoping DC would at least play competitor with Marvel with their own cinematic univers (read "decent cinematic universe") but I could not get into BvS. And neither could a lot of other people, including fans of the characters. Man of Steel may have had some fans, but both movies had the same mistakes. Too much mindless destruction, not enough character building. DC should have done what Marvel did and put a few more years into building the characters with their own movies before doing a showdown. Imagine if Marvel went from Iron Man in 2008 to Captain America: Civil War in 2010 without any buildup whatsoever. Then the MCU would have been just as bad as the DCU is right now. I'm not being biased, I'm just saying that the potential for a good cinematic universe was there with DC, but they didn't take their time to make it right.

• Like 1

Current DC films announced or in the works:

November 2017 Justice League

December 2018 Aquaman 

TBA

The Flash 2020? (That's what IMDB says, I think 2019 seems more likely tbh)

Gotham City Sirens ???

Batgirl ???

Nightwing ???

Cyborg (2020?)

Green Lantern Corps (2020?)

The Batman (2019?)

Man of Steel 2 ???

Suicide Squad 2 ???

Justice League Dark ???

Deadshot ???

Shazam! (2019?)

Black Adam ???

This is an awful lot of movies to have in development, more then Marvel has announced actually, would not be surprised if some of them do not get made.

Edited by Kalo

WB should do something like this just make a schedule and follow it stop announcing new movies. 

Flash March 2019

Batman June 2019

Man of Steel 2  November 2019

Batgirl  March 2019

Wonder Women 2 June 2019

Suicide Squad 2  November 2019

Gren Lantern Crops March 2020

Gotham City Sirens June 2020

Justice League 2 November 2020

Cyborg March 2021

Shazam June 2021

Justice League Dark 2021 

3 hours ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

WB should do something like this just make a schedule and follow it stop announcing new movies. 

Flash March 2019

Batman June 2019

Man of Steel 2  November 2019

Batgirl  March 2019

Wonder Women 2 June 2019

Suicide Squad 2  November 2019

Gren Lantern Crops March 2020

Gotham City Sirens June 2020

Justice League 2 November 2020

Cyborg March 2021

Shazam June 2021

Justice League Dark 2021 

Ah I see what you did, you forget to make 2019, 2020. 

Flash March 2019
Batman June 2019
Man of Steel 2 November 2019
Batgirl  March 2020
Wonder Women 2 June 2020
Suicide Squad 2  November 2020
Green Lantern Corps March 2021
Gotham City Sirens June 2021
Justice League 2 November 2021

Nightwing March 2022
Cyborg June 2022
Shazam November 2022
Justice League Dark 2023

There fixed! :) and I agree it would help, added Nightwing too.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2017 at 1:50 PM, Subzero said:

Bunch of Line up for 2019-2022, but only Aquaman for 2018. Hopefully they get another one in for next year.

IDK, seems ambitious. I suppose Gotham City Sirens could be ready for a 2018 date with minimal visual effects. Already have a director and hired a writer (forgot her name) as well as Margot Robbie to star and produce.

3 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I really hope they get forward with a Man of Steel 2!

Agreed. Cavill proved he has charmed in Man from UNCLE, so hopefully someone like Matthew Vaughn and bring the cheeriness back to the character (and this is coming from someone who liked MOS).

• Like 2

On 6/26/2016 at 5:08 AM, Mojoguy said:

Why didn't they start the DCCU with a Batman movie instead of Superman?

I imagine Nolan trilogy was too recent (or some hope that Bale/Nolan would do one more), dark knight rises was in 2012.

top 5 DC films I am currently most looking forward to (and hope get made) yay I am actually excited about DC films again!

1. Wonder Woman 2
  2. Man of Steel 2
  3. Aquaman 
  4. Nightwing 
  5. Batgirl

My most looking forward DC film is Justigue League Dark . I hope they make in the style of  the new American Gods series. 

The Batman is also looking good with that Director.

Aquaman could surprise.

20 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

3JB7zpz.png

200.gif

You have the option to just not watch if you're not interested 🤷‍♂️  The Release the Snyder Cut movement got a lot of hate and mockery, like if it was something delusional or that wouldn't change anything for the Justice League movie, but the Snyder cut was a streaming hit, got mostly positive reviews from critics and is unanimously considered an improvement over the theatrical cut, so the fans were right to ask. What is even the reason to oppose we getting the sequels the movie sets up? I would understand that if WB was giving you alternative Justice League sequels that would be a better fit for your taste, but they're not even using most of that cast and have shifted their focus to new characters. So I can only imagine you oppose it because you don't want other people to have movies that bring joy to their lives, and that's just petty. It's also very tone deaf to joke about suicide considering the tragedy that was behind what happened with this film.

• Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

You have the option to just not watch if you're not interested 🤷‍♂️  The Release the Snyder Cut movement got a lot of hate and mockery, like if it was something delusional or that wouldn't change anything for the Justice League movie, but the Snyder cut was a streaming hit, got mostly positive reviews from critics and is unanimously considered an improvement over the theatrical cut, so the fans were right to ask. What is even the reason to oppose we getting the sequels the movie sets up? I would understand that if WB was giving you alternative Justice League sequels that would be a better fit for your taste, but they're not even using most of that cast and have shifted their focus to new characters. So I can only imagine you oppose it because you don't want other people to have movies that bring joy to their lives, and that's just petty. It's also very tone deaf to joke about suicide considering the tragedy that was behind what happened with this film.

You're reading way too much into it.