baumer

Friday the 13th definitive BR collection (Friday Sept 13th)

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/68228/friday-13th-complete-collection-proves-be-half-assed-affair

These guys don't seem to think there is a lot of new stuff here but if you don't have a lot of the other collections from before, it looks really good.

On September 13th, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will provide plenty of blood-curdling thrills when Friday The 13th: The Complete Collection debuts on Blu-ray. For the first time, all twelve Friday the 13th films will be packaged together, (with seven of them making Blu-ray debuts) as a result of a strategic distribution alliance between Paramount and Warner announced last fall, granting Warner exclusive video distribution rights to over 600 Paramount titles. The set also includes a Friday The 13th Killer Extras Bonus DVD.

This intense 'slasher' series is one of the longest-running and most successful horror franchises in film history, surpassing the domestic theatrical box-office grosses of such legendary series as A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The film that turned psycho killer Jason Voorhees and his infamous hockey mask into a pop culture icon has also bested the horror competition as the #1 home entertainment seller, »

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by baumer

I'm sure it doesn't look that great in Blu Ray (given the way they're filmed in general) ... plus, I already own the 'Friday the 13th - From Crystal Lake to Manhattan' collection, plus, have Jason Goes to Hell, Jason X, F vs. J & Friday the 13th remake ... so I think I'll pass. 

Now if I didn't already own all these films, I'd probably consider.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1

I'm loving the BR for Friday the 13th.  Maybe a lot of these SF have been on other discs, but I haven't seen them all.  The re-enactments of the news and interviewing people in the town and such is fucking awesome.  

• Like 2

I'm loving the BR for Friday the 13th.  Maybe a lot of these SF have been on other discs, but I haven't seen them all.  The re-enactments of the news and interviewing people in the town and such is fucking awesome.  

So you are saying it is worth getting?

• Like 1

I haven't seen a lot of the other Friday the 13th stuff.  I have the shitty box set from about 10 years ago but I was disappointed with it.  I also have some individual discs like the 3D one and the original film on a separate disc.  That's it.  So a lot of this stuff is new to me.  So yes, to me it is worth it.  There is a lot of behind the scene stuff that I haven't seen and there is a really cool on going thing on each disc that is like a re-enactment of the events as they happened in the news.  It's really cool.  And the BR transfer is really good, not JAWS good but still really good.  Yes, it's worth it imo.

• Like 1

The making of part V is really interesting because there's a fat guy on it giving his opinion who says that V is really misunderstood and it is actually a pretty good film.  I agree with him.

• Like 1

No.But i used to give out candy and Id dress up as Jason, play the Halloween and NOES soundtracks make a graveyard and buy a fog machine. It would scare the kids pretty badly.

I sent an email to Larry Zerner...the guy who played Shelly. Hes one of the biggrst entertainment lawyers on California now. He got back to me today and thanked me for the email. Pretty cool.