baumer

The Wolverine (2013)

66 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Just got back from the film and MAN, was I happy with the result.

It's not a typical superhero film for much of it ... feels more like an action film with a comic book character. 

Hugh Jackman is always great as Wolverine.  His 'bodyguard' Yukio was also great for a few laughs ... and some nice fight scenes.

Mariko ... oh she was a pretty young lady ... I see she's never acted in a film, and while it's not shocking, she was fine.

Silver Samurai vs. Wolverine was fun, but after what had happened throughout the movie, felt more 'superhero' like ... which was okay, but kind of clunky.

The end credits scene with PS Professor X, IM Magneto & Wolverine was awesome ... I totally wasn't aware they were showing up, even though I figured some sort of nod to Days of Future Past.  Also, got that Trask Industries tease as well. 

A-

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1

Well well well 

it seems not every SH movie this summer is gonna suck 

Other than a wooden actress playing Mariko and therefore a bit of a stretch in the second act where they 'fall for each other' and that clunky third act that must have been rewritten since supposedly the original script didn't have it ( hence why they called it brilliant ) this is a pretty solid SH movie ... feels very personal but also I must wonder how much you will be invested without being the fan of the character or having seen all the previous movies 

I would give it an 8 but since I'm very biased when it comes to Wolverine and at my heart I can't forgive em for not going full throttle and finishing without the snake-lady and a giant robot but with more of a subdued climax 

all in all its a VERY strong 7/10 

DOFP better deliver 

• Like 1

The pace of the movie was far too slow and Viper was a poor villain.  Wolverine was great as usual though, Hugh Jackman plays him perfectly.  The end credits scene was the best part of movie - I'm so looking forward to DOFP!

I liked the first Wolverine much better, yea I said that.

• Like 1

Just got back from the film and MAN, was I happy with the result.

It's not a typical superhero film for much of it ... feels more like an action film with a comic book character. 

Hugh Jackman is always great as Wolverine.  His 'bodyguard' Yukio was also great for a few laughs ... and some nice fight scenes.

Mariko ... oh she was a pretty young lady ... I see she's never acted in a film, and while it's not shocking, she was fine.

Silver Samurai vs. Wolverine was fun, but after what had happened throughout the movie, felt more 'superhero' like ... which was okay, but kind of clunky.

The end credits scene with PS Professor X, IM Magneto & Wolverine was awesome ... I totally wasn't aware they were showing up, even though I figured some sort of nod to Days of Future Past.  Also, got that Trask Industries tease as well. 

A-

Agree