Premium and Gold members please go to this thread:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24403-paid-perks/

Copper and Silver Accounts please PM me if you have paid past August 1st and care about the "Custom Avatar" (or really larger avatar) perk.

Creed | Rocky Spinoff | November 25, 2015 | Box Office Knockout | Stalloscarnominated!!

4815162342    51,231

Director: Ryan Coogler (Fruitvale Station)

Starring: Michael B. Jordan (Fruitvale Station, Chronicle), Sylvester Stallone, Tony Bellew

EXCLUSIVE: MGM is setting Ryan Coogler to direct Creed, and the studio is in early talks with Coogler’s Fruitvale Station star Michael B. Jordan to play the grandson of Apollo Creed in a continuation of the Rocky saga that Coogler is going to write with Aaron Covington. Sylvester Stallone will reprise Rocky Balboa as a retired fighter-turned-trainer. This comes in the wake of a strong summer platform opening for Fruitvale Station, the film that won both the Grand Jury Prize and the Audience Awards at Sundance, and captured Prize Of The Future at the Cannes Film Festival, where Coogler and Jordan were the toast of the Croisette. Coogler intends for this to be his directorial follow-up to Fruitvale Station so the intention is to make it happen quickly.

CLUBS:
Creed Highest Grossing Rocky Movie

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/fruitvale-station-duo-ryan-coogler-michael-b-jordon-160326490.html

Release Date: 11/25/15

Edited by 4815162342

Impact    19,730

Well instead of making spinoff to TV shows let's do it to movies....and to one that came out over 30 years ago :P

sdeezy    2,285

uh...love Michael B Jordan and Fruitvale is one of the best movies of the year but i don't know about this one..

• Like 1

CoolioD1    57,092

Yes! I'd love to see this. Always down for another Rocky movie. I hope they turn it into a trilogy and make Lang and Drago as well. :lol:

• Like 1

fishstick    6,201

Doens't sound bad at all. Better actually than spin-off with Rocky's son. Points for creativity.

• Like 2

Cmasterclay    12,184

I'll probably more interested in this than most of the Rocky movies. Jordan is going to be a huge star. 

Incarnadine    2,043

Like any Rocky movie (except for Rocky V which had no redeeming qualities at all), it's probably best just to tune in for the final 30 minutes or so. :P

fmpro    4,401

I will see this!!

baumer    80,266

:rofl: Stallone cannot have approved of this.

Of course he did.  Rocky won't work without him.

DAR    29,827

Like any Rocky movie (except for Rocky V which had no redeeming qualities at all), it's probably best just to tune in for the final 30 minutes or so. :P

What is this Rocky V you speak of?

Edited by DAR
  • Like 1

filmscholar    5,547

This route makes sense cause if it was a Creed Prequel than Rocky technically can't be in it.  This is the only way you can bring in a fresh new faces to the franchise while keeping the Spirit of Rocky alive.  Rocky V didn't work cause you really didn't care for the person Rocky was training.  So even though I like the last street fight in the end the movie itself feel flat.  They were trying to hard to make it Rocky Part 1 again with him losing his money and going back to the community.  "Creed" if done right could end up being better than the last 2 Rocky movies.  I wonder if Carl Weathers has been contacted for a Dream Sequence?

• Like 1