Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Creed | Rocky Spinoff | November 25, 2015 | Box Office Knockout | Stalloscarnominated!!

772 posts in this topic

This route makes sense cause if it was a Creed Prequel than Rocky technically can't be in it.  This is the only way you can bring in a fresh new faces to the franchise while keeping the Spirit of Rocky alive.  Rocky V didn't work cause you really didn't care for the person Rocky was training.  So even though I like the last street fight in the end the movie itself feel flat.  They were trying to hard to make it Rocky Part 1 again with him losing his money and going back to the community.  "Creed" if done right could end up being better than the last 2 Rocky movies.  I wonder if Carl Weathers has been contacted for a Dream Sequence?

Weathers will never be in another Rocky movie.  He basically had a squabble with Stallone over money for Rocky Balboa and Stallone called him Apollo Greed.

Weathers will never be in another Rocky movie.  He basically had a squabble with Stallone over money for Rocky Balboa and Stallone called him Apollo Greed.

I remember that story, this also caused Weathers to not be in The Expendables when it's a no brainer he should be in the franchise.  But something is telling me him and Stallone may have barried the hatchet with him doing an Apollo Creed spin off from the Rocky Franchise.  How can you have an Creed spin off and Weathers not be apart of it?  I just have a feeling he's going to in it. 

1 person likes this

I'd like to see him in it but he's dead so there is really no need for him.

I'd like to see him in it but he's dead so there is really no need for him.

Dream Sequence.  It would be a cameo at best.  But Stallone and Ryan should have an Carl Weathers/Apollo highlight reel at the beginning of the movie like the old Rocky Movies use to do by showing previous films at the start of the movie.  It's weird how much I like this idea.  I guess with me really liking "Fruitvale Station" I feel Michael B and Ryan were a great team and I like this idea of Stallone mentoring the Hothead Grandson of Apollo Creed.  I can't wait for the Dramatic scene when Michael B telling Rocky:

"That's why My Granddad Beat you"

LOL. 

I remember that story, this also caused Weathers to not be in The Expendables when it's a no brainer he should be in the franchise.  But something is telling me him and Stallone may have barried the hatchet with him doing an Apollo Creed spin off from the Rocky Franchise.  How can you have an Creed spin off and Weathers not be apart of it?  I just have a feeling he's going to in it. 

unless it's in flashbacks Weathers can't really be in it given what happened in Rocky IV.

I loved Rocky Balboa, so totally bring on another one

Unsure about this.

It's defacto Rocky 7 even if Rocky is a support character in an actual film called Creed.

I have mixed initial feelings about this. Recasting his older son and him being trained by his Father, now that works for me on some level better but still not sure overall that the character needs to be seen again after the great finale in Rocky Balboa

AS long as Michael B has a tough personality like Weathers it will work.  Creed will have a more interesting dynamic than Rocky training his own son to me.  Plus we've had the whole father/son thing in Rocky V and VI.  

Because it's Michael B Jordan, I can see this being something that resonates emotionally. The guy has serious acting shops as seen in Fruitvale Station. 

Who the hell is this Michael Jordan?? Y'all are praising him and all, but I've never even heard of the guy.

Who the hell is this Michael Jordan?? Y'all are praising him and all, but I've never even heard of the guy.

His performance in Fruitvale Station is among the best of the year. Up there with McConaughey in Mud and Franco in Spring Breakers. 

This wasn't the direction I expected Coogler to go in but after Fruitvale I'm very curious/interested. 

Cause you will. Fruitvale is going to be what Winter Bone was for JLaw. And then Black Panther is going to be his THG. I honestly don't see any other actor in that role now. He's such a hot property of the moment that offering him BP is inevitable.

Creed's grandson? Wouldn't he be a kid or a teen? I don't remember Creed having any kids (or being married) in Rocky...so if he had his first born in the 70s...he wouldn't have a full grown grandson yet.

I wish this thread was called Creed (Office Spinoff). Then I'd see the shit out of this movie. 

2 people like this

Weathers wanted a staring role in Rocky Balboa...what was he going to be? His ghost?

Shit, I just remembered when I watched some movie with Weathers and Hulk Hogan. :rofl: It was so hysterically bad I was delighted to find out they made a sequel. And saw that too! :rofl:

If Rocky is in the movie, then the audience will want to see him fight, no matter how old he may be.

I could care less about Michael Jordan. If Stallone is playing Rocky, that will be the selling point, and it will not be satisfying emotionally to just see him in the corner.  I understand it dramatically and storyline-wise, though.

Sly is going to sit in the corner and let MBJ do everything just like TC sat in the corner and let Renner take over MI in MI4 which was strongly rumoured to build Renner as a successor. We know how that one turned out.