Creed | Rocky Spinoff | November 25, 2015 | Box Office Knockout | Stalloscarnominated!!

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

If it makes you feel any better the Sixers are 10 points better with Jahlil Okafor off the floor

My Philly basketball hopes always have been with Villanova.

And by hopes I mean expectations that they will win 25-27 games and then lose in the 2nd or 3rd round of March Madness because they refuse to have any big guys in their lineup.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DAJK said:

I've only seen the first Rocky. I've heard that I should watch Rocky Balboa before I see Creed, but say I only had time to watch one of the Rocky sequels, which one should I go for?

If you can only watch one then watch Rocky Balboa, it's the best one with the first Rocky.

I don't think you can watch just one Rocky film.  They should all be watched.

Rocky is obviously the best of the series.  It's sweet, tender, macho, riveting and brilliant.

Rocky II furthers the story flawlessly and it has two of the best moments in the Rocky series.  One is from Adrian when she is in the hospital and she tells Rocky what she wants from him, and the end is obviously iconic.

Rocky III is over the top brilliant.  Mr. T oozes bad assness and the boxing in this one is fast and furious.  It also establishes the friendship between Rocky and Apollo.

Rocky IV is pure adrenaline pumping brilliance.  It'll make you want to bench press a car, should press a wagon with your family in it and run up a mountain in Russia.

V is not so great.

Rocky Balboa should have been nominate for best everything.

You really should see them all.

• Like 3

Man... I am so amped for this movie. More then any movie in 15 years. An 88% on rotten tomatoes?  Who'd have thunk it.  Hope it's as good as the reviews say. 

Rocky is my all time favorite movie. It has been since I saw it in 1980 at 10 years old. It's one of the few movies I would call "perfect". I love all of them except V and over the years have watched them dozens and dozens of times. I have 4 kids and they love them too. They are timeless. Some of my favorite scenes:

1.  Training montage in part one. It's perfect. Running the steps is my all time favorite movie moment. Name a scene in any movie where the music is as perfect as this one. 

2.  The fight in part 1. When he falls and crawls across the canvas refusing to stay down... The music is perfectly timed.  Then Adrian closes her eyes... then opens them. Awesome. 

3.  The back to back training montages in 2. The kids chasing him through Philly makes the moment.

4.  Rocky screaming at Mickey as he walks away after asking to be his manager. Stallone's single best acting moment to date. 

5.  The iconic fight in part 2. An absolute battle. "Yo Adrian... I did it!!"

6.  When he looks at himself in the mirror in part 1 realizing what a loser he's become. 

7.  Rocky chewing out his son in Rocky 6. Great speech. 

8.  Rocky 4 training montage. Contrasting Drago and Rocky. Classic. 

9.  Thunder Lips fight in part III. 

10. Rocky IV Final fight. I love it when they both lean to see each other from their stools late in the fight... Hoping the other guy's in worse shape then they are. 

Bonus: Adrian visiting Rocky's shithole apartment.

I want to see this movie in a crowded theater so my kids can see the kind of audience reaction we used to see when the original 4 came out. 

Edited by Ethan Edwards
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, baumer said:

Stallone should have been nominated for Rocky Balboa and he should have won for best original screenplay.  Rocky Balboa is better in a lot of ways that the original.

If anything, it's best since the original, since it actually feels grounded and more realistic, compared to the other sequels. Terrific film, and Creed looks to be the same.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 1