Creed | Rocky Spinoff | November 25, 2015 | Box Office Knockout | Stalloscarnominated!!

Saw a 7 o'clock showing and I was riveted. Emotional but incredibly inspiring and Creed absolutely finds new meaning here. A creative expansion from the Rocky universe and a worthy heir to the throne. I hope Sly nails at BARE minimum an Academy nomination if not a straight out win. VERY deserving. This is a story to be EXPERIENCED regardless of your opinion of the Rocky franchise. This stands on it's own.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, scabab said:

I'm really rooting for this movie to do well. Rocky has been my favourite movie series for as long I can remember.

Is it possible that this could outgross Rocky Balboa domestically?

It's locked.  

• Like 1

Despite how good this movie was, Stallone's performance wasn't Oscar-worthy. He was good, probably much better than people were expecting. But compare that to Eddie in Danish Girl (just the trailer even) or even Depp in BM. It's just not on the same level.

14 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Despite how good this movie was, Stallone's performance wasn't Oscar-worthy. He was good, probably much better than people were expecting. But compare that to Eddie in Danish Girl (just the trailer even) or even Depp in BM. It's just not on the same level.

It's easily above Depp IMO. That being said the academy likes those transformation performances. Nevermind the fact that those would be for lead, this is would be for supporting. He should get nominated, he easily gives one of the best performances of the year.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Started at the beginning this past weekend and last night tackled Rocky IV and V again.

Rocky Balboa on tap for me today as I work my way up to Creed.  I have only read a couple of reviews, as I'd like to go in as unspoiled as possible...but it's great to hear all the stellar buzz, and yes, it would be nice to see Stallone get recognized by Oscar (and Coogler and MBJ, for that matter, would be a nice karmic return after Fantastic Flop...which wasn't his fault, of course.)

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1