Creed | Rocky Spinoff | November 25, 2015 | Box Office Knockout | Stalloscarnominated!!

Didn't know this was already filming and that WB was the distributor. Thanksgiving seems pretty packed, I'm guessing Midnight Special will move to another date and can the Seth Rogen/JGL X-Mas movie move closer to Christmas it could move as counter programing for In the Heart of the Sea unless Sony wants to avoid coming to close with Sisters and SW VII

• Like 1

Was talking post Thanksgiving and GD is not guaranteed big money as MJII and VII these are locks.

Even if Good Dinosaur only makes Big Hero 6 money, by starting his run later it will be making bigger amounts of money by the time the holidays arrive.

• Like 1

Pictures of Stallone on set. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2938887/Sylvester-Stallone-returns-Rocky-Balboa-set-spin-Creed-time.html

adjusted?

Sorry I meant the vibe. Hot young star making his way in Hollywood (Cruise/Jordan) starring with an established veteran (Newman/Stallone).

Box office wise I'd be happy with Rocky Balboa numbers of around $70 million domestically.

Edited by RaidensSword
  • Like 1

Call me a snob or a cynic but I just think that after the brilliance of Fruitvale Station I'd rather see Coogler and Jordan take on something original and meaningful than another fucking Rocky movie. Hope it's good though!

Edited by 50 Shades Of Clay
  • Like 1

Call me a snob or a cynic but I just think that after the brilliance of Fruitvale Station I'd rather see Coogler and Jordan take on something original and meaningful than another fucking Rocky movie. Hope it's good though!

I see your point but I think this a great move for them.  "Fruitvale" was basically an independent movie but it got their helped names out there.  Now both careers are taking off.  Especially Coogler who actually developed the idea and brought to Stallone.  Being that Stallone thought it was a great way to revive the Franchise, I'm very interested it in.   I mean I liked "Rocky 6" better than "V" but that's not saying much.  I think this could end the Saga great with Rocky training Creed's Grandson.   Him fighting last time and Training in V just didn't do for me though I still enjoyed both movies.  This is personal with it being Creed's grandson.  LOL @ "ROCKY 7: CREED".  I know Stallone never thought in a million years when he was writing on that blank screen this character would change his life.  A 7th Rocky is wild. 

proxy.jpg?t=HBjPAWh0dHA6Ly9zdGF0aWMxLnNx

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 3

I think this is such a cool concept and one that'll give Jordan's carer the attention it deserves.

• Like 7

his is personal with it being Creed's grandson.  LOL @ "ROCKY 7: CREED".  I know Stallone never thought in a million years when he was writing on that blank screen this character would change his life.  A 7th Rocky is wild. 

Except it's not Rocky 7....it's Creed 1

Sly as Rocky is at most a supporting character, not the lead. When Rocky is the lead...it's a Rocky film.