Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

My favorite shot in the movie is at the beginning of the prison riot where the music just begins blasting and we see all the prisoners just flow out of their prisons and begin to beat everyone up.  The half-second of silence before it happens too makes it even better.

It only wishes it could be as cool as the Ghost Protocol prison break

The prison fight was fucking terrible, Maybe it was well done (some cool shots, I guess?) but how could you tell when there the shittiest rap song blasting. Its a music video fight, I'm pretty sure you cant have stakes in a  fight scene when your randomly cutting to rap music, you cant build suspense. 

MI4 , its a plot point he has until the end of the song, theres a reason for it. Not to mention that song was planned from the get go and conceptualized with it in mind. plus the characters can here it. A 

On fast 8 in post they just say what  rap song is popular right now that should we put in for 17 year olds kids with no attention span, its slopped on top and edited in sloppily. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood

11 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

The prison fight was fucking terrible, Maybe it was well done (some cool shots, I guess?) but how could you tell when there the shittiest rap song blasting. Its a music video fight, I'm pretty sure you cant have stakes in a  fight scene when your randomly cutting to rap music, you cant build suspense. 

MI4 , its a plot point he has until the end of the song, theres a reason for it. Not to mention that song was planned from the get go and conceptualized with it in mind. plus the characters can here it. A 

On fast 8 in post they just say what  rap song is popular right now that should we put in for 17 year olds kids with no attention span, its slopped on top and edited in sloppily. 

There's your problem: you took it waaaaaaaaaay too seriously. I was laughing my ass off the second Speakerbox started playing :rofl: 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

There's your problem: you took it waaaaaaaaaay too seriously. I was laughing my ass off the second Speakerbox started playing :rofl: 

Its not that, I've seen every film opening day, watched all 7 the week before. 

People like it because they like the song and its cool to hear cool music and watch the rock fight statham, but it makes the fight have no point. Its all on the surface. The stakes are equal to a music video. The moment they break out and rap music plays, its not about the fight, its not about the beats of the fight, its about the characters at all even. its not about two guys who have completely different opinions and hate each other. its just there to keep you entrained on the most surface of levels. 

You can have popular music playing and still make the stakes of the film grow. The reason most people like Fast 5 the most is because its bonkers, doesn't take itself too seriously but all he action is still true to storytelling and the characters.  

If they would have designed this scene around this song, I wound be saying this. Im just saying its an after thought. 

Lets be clear, I laughed and had a smile on my face too, I enjoyed it because of how stupid and poorly done it was haha We've gotten to a point were action scenes in Fast movies have to start with Rap and then they turn into Action music.

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's not even a rap song grandpa.

Idk what kids call rap these days, all popular music is just a mesh of everything. Real rap should be storytelling too, like the Geto Boys, love them. Not just noise. 

Haven't turned on a radio station in 2 years. 

2 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Idk what kids call rap these days, all popular music is just a mesh of everything. Real rap should be storytelling too, like the Geto Boys, love them. Not just noise. 

Haven't turned on a radio station in 2 years. 

You're sounding more jaded than Tele. :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Shit, I liked that scene.  It made me laugh.  Rat a tat tat bitches.  

At the the beginning of the scene I said...why is he in jail again?  Then I shrugged...

Who cares?

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, kowhite said:

Shit, I liked that scene.  It made me laugh.  Rat a tat tat bitches.  

At the the beginning of the scene I said...why is he in jail again?  Then I shrugged...

Who cares?

haha I'm just a sour puss, lets be honest. Its a fun scene and I enjoy'd it just fine, its what the crowd wants. I just feel with my critic hat a bit more thought it could be elevated .

24 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

haha I'm just a sour puss, lets be honest. Its a fun scene and I enjoy'd it just fine, its what the crowd wants. I just feel with my critic hat a bit more thought it could be elevated .

If you want elevated in a Fast and Furious movie...

Diesel ain't doing that.  Maybe take some Molly.  This is base instinct dumb ass awesome.  Yeah it's a music video.  But shit I enjoy that from time to time.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

I just got out of the showing and I am genuinely shocked at how bad this film was. This is the second F&F movie I watched, I saw 7 out of curiosity and fell asleep midway through.

Questions:

- are these films like parodies? The acting is sooo baaad, the writing is lazy as fuck, the lines are so corny, Jesus..

- are the heroes still heroes when they leave so much collateral damage?

- was Charlize Theron so desparate for a hit? She felt to me more annoying than frightening, partly because she WOULDN'T SHUT UP and because her performance was monotonous as fuck. Her villainous potential was damaged (and her face work really shows).

- they hit the hammer on that family stuff too hard.

i think it all comes down to the intented audience and it's mind boggling how successfull these films are internationally. Transformers? I get the appeal. This series? No, just no

Edited by Xavier
  • Like 2

I really didn't enjoy this until they hit Russia.  Then it all came together.  But before that, it was pretty awful.  The only time I actually cared about anything before Russia was when Statham was on screen.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Xavier said:

I just got out of the showing and I am genuinely shocked at how bad this film was. This is the second F&F movie I watched, I saw 7 out of curiosity and fell asleep midway through.

Questions:

- are these films like parodies? The acting is sooo baaad, the writing is lazy as fuck, the lines are so corny, Jesus..

- are the heroes still heroes when they leave so much collateral damage?

- was Charlize Theron so desparate for a hit? She felt to me more annoying than frightening, partly because she WOULDN'T SHUT UP and because her performance was monotonous as fuck. Her villainous potential was damaged (and her face work really shows).

- they hit the hammer on that family stuff too hard.

i think it all comes down to the intented audience and it's mind boggling how successfull these films are internationally. Transformers? I get the appeal. This series? No, just no

you might've taken this film waaayyyyy too seriously.

• Like 3