Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

On 20/04/2017 at 1:14 PM, The Futurist said:

Ah, yes, Charlize looked super weird on some shots ... hope it s not Nip Tuck bullshit.

Agreed, in some shots in her first scene her eyes were smaller and looked like some sort of horrible fake CGI, but in the next shot she would look fine. Very strange.

• Like 2

Good!!

I watched this the other day and they were the two best things about this movie. 

Johnson is just soooo much more charismatic on screen and Statham just strait up kicks ass!! Can't wait. 

As for F8. It was overall a decent enough movie, but the shtick is starting to wear thin. I can see 9 and 10 coming in even lower than this one unless they can change things up a bit and make it fresh again. Don't know how though lol

2 hours ago, AJG said:

http://deadline.com/2017/04/dwayne-johnson-jason-statham-fate-of-the-furious-spinoff-universal-pictures-1202073677/

Universal Revs ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Spinoff For Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham

Vin Who?

Variety is reporting Theron might be involved too.

The main takeaway is: nobody likes working with Vin Diesel, do they?

50 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Variety is reporting Theron might be involved too.

The main takeaway is: nobody likes working with Vin Diesel, do they?

Diesel has big ego but I dont he's bad person as they are trying to paint him. I heard nice things about him media circuit. The negative is that ego gets the best of him and he runs late all the time which is foul of him other than that he's nice. oh that he's gay(I believe this one from NY circuit)

Edited by Dragon
  • Like 1

I'm so looking forward to seeing more of the Shaw family! I hope this spin-off features Helen Mirren heavily.

If Cipher is involved then:

Spoiler

I hope they go after her for what she did to Elena since she's Hobb's ex-partner and he really should have expressed grief over her death in the movie.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

Sweet! I wonder if Universal has all these plans laid out for the franchise that were all waiting on Vin giving in and giving the OK, something that could have happened after he and Dwayne Johnson finally buried the hatchet.

Some of you will piss and moan about it but the franchise seems too big not to build some multimedia universe out of it, a la Star Wars and Marvel.

1 hour ago, Heat Vision said:

The Rock's strength in this movie is ridiculous. 

Think the Fast franchise is in fact Universal s Avengers and you ll accept the "powers" of the characters just fine.

• Like 6

They may or may not have metaphorically jumped the shark in Fast8 but they definitely literally jumped the shark. In this case the submarine is the NATO designated Akula Class. "Akula" means shark in Russian. 

• Like 2

So if this series is like the Avengers then:

Vin = Cap

Rock = Hulk

Statham = Thor

Tyrese = Iron Man

Ludaris = Hawkeye

Rodriquez = Black Widow

Russel = Fury

Honorable Mentions:

Walker = Quick Silver

Brewster = Scarlet Witch