Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

11 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $207,136,495    17.8%
Foreign:  $955,045,234    82.2%

Worldwide:  $1,162,181,729  

This must be the most under the radar mega blockbuster ever. Here we have a movie that is almost going to hit $1.2B and nobody is really talking about it at all.

Obviously it's because of the rather muted gross here in NA, yet obscene gross internationally. Regardless, great for F8!

• Like 10

18 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

‘The Fate Of The Furious’ Crosses $1B At Int’l Box Office

Just $18 million more, and it will be ranked #5 all time overseas.

I think Jurassic World's placement is safe. F8 just had a $4 million weekend internationally (based on estimates), and I don't think it will add much more with competition from Pirates 5 and Wonder Woman opening next weekend.

26 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

1/3 of the movie s gross comes from China.

31% should end up a bit lower, will see if Transformer China can beat this, some recent movie were more China heavy (outside the obvious Warcraft/The Wall) like Hacksaw Ridge (35.4%) or a dog's purpose (45%)

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

31% should end up a bit lower, will see if Transformer China can beat this, some recent movie were more China heavy (outside the obvious Warcraft/The Wall) like Hacksaw Ridge (35.4%) or a dog's purpose (45%)

Furious 8 is the second most successful movie in China in the last 15 years, ticket sales wise.

We re talking about a behemoth here.

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Resident Evil: Final Chapter earned 51.1% of its total gross from China, actually an even higher percentage than Warcraft.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KP1025 said:

I think Jurassic World's placement is safe. F8 just had a $4 million weekend internationally (based on estimates), and I don't think it will add much more with competition from Pirates 5 and Wonder Woman opening next weekend.

Pirates wont be a factor anymore has it has already opened everywhere and Fate is making money only in really leggy markets. I think another 10-12m in OS and 6-8 domestic will happen.

19 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Pirates wont be a factor anymore has it has already opened everywhere and Fate is making money only in really leggy markets. I think another 10-12m in OS and 6-8 domestic will happen.

Furious 7 made another $5 million after a much stronger Memorial Day weekend gross. I think F8 has $3 million maximum left domestic with the same legs. OS, it dropped 54% last week even though its best remaining market (Japan) did not have any major new releases like Pirates to contend with. Its second best remaining market right now is Brazil if I'm not mistaken, where Wonder Woman will be a big draw. I think another >50% drop will happen OS this week. I'm thinking around $8 million more OS and a WW finish around $1.233 billion. Either way, its placement in the Top OS and worldwide rankings will remain unchanged.

Edited by KP1025

Even if the DOM performance is slightly disappointing, this is a phenomenally successful film no matter how you slice it. It's also pretty amazing how strong it is overseas.

Only two other films have earned $500m or more worldwide and gotten at least 80% of their gross OS. One is The Mermaid. The other is Ice Age: Continental Drift.

Even if you drop the bar to $400m, you only add The Intouchables, Ice Age: Collision Course, and Warcraft.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2017 at 11:15 PM, Mr Terrific said:

Still watching F8 vs. Logan for a photo finish dom. 

Good catch. Logan has got 2.6M over F8 right now, I guess f8 isn't catching up anymore. It did make almost exactly double of what Logan made worldwide though. (614M vs 1.32B)

I'm guessing F9 decreases a bit as well but still does over 1B and f10, if it's truly the last ride, stabilizes a bit or maybe even increases slightly from F9. It's all very dependent on exchange rates though.

Edited by Arlborn

31 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

If these flicks stay legit bonkers in return OS, anything $175M+ will keep 'em coming until they're ready to retire the franchise. This is #2 WW. What's gonna pass it not named Star Wars this year? Should finish 3rd WW, no?

Yep! I only see DM3 and justice league having chance of crossing 1 billion. Tranformers too. But I don't see any one of them reaching $1.1 billion.